Poll: Transmog Sets from Store!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are sets available for difficult content then whatever. Having an alternative that requires effort is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Blizz has you right where they want you. Good boy, keep up that status quo in complacency while they sneak up behind you with the dagger and rob you blind.
    Ah yes, the whole, "I don't like it, so everyone else who likes it/doesn't care about it is a sucker" angle. If you're going to be passive-aggressive, can you at least try to be interesting?

I will continuously buy stuff like this just because I know it bothers people like you. I laugh at the self entitlement people like you bring with them.

So while you keep whining about petty changes that really don't affect you, I'll be kicking back and taking it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    There's no legit reason to not have that. The people that don't want it wouldn't have to buy it, and the people that would like it can buy it. Simple as that.

Then there's the people that are so blindly against anything and everything that Blizz does, even though they're still playing the game for some odd reason.
    Clearly they are unhappy, but I don't care much if they do this. I would be a bit upset though if they look freakin amazing while in game sets look mediocre.

Deleted
    Definitely not. It reminds me of something TotalBiscuit mentioned when discussing dlc and micro-transactions in games, you simply cannot trust the developer to not exploit the feature, especially if it starts to take in serious money.

Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jimmy View Post
    Definitely not. It reminds me of something TotalBiscuit mentioned when discussing dlc and micro-transactions in games, you simply cannot trust the developer to not exploit the feature, especially if it starts to take in serious money.

Just my opinion.
    I disagree, you can't hold Blizzard to standards of what they might do. It's not fair to them. All that does is feed the attention of doomsayers.

I'm not going to distrust a company, especially one in which I have trusted for years, because other companies did some distrustful things.

Deleted
    I take your point, I do, but with the sub numbers dropping and likely their revenue, this would be a good path for them to go in. It's extra money people are shelling out for cosmetic stuff, which as a community we love, they won't see it as game changing so it won't bother them, but after a while it could definitely effect the game in a negative way.

I know I don't counter your 'might do' point, and I get that, I just feel apprehensive about them doing such a thing. I'd much rather have all the stuff in game, have Blizzard create some fun and interesting ways for us to obtain the would be store gear, instead of simply buying it on the store, it's less fun that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jimmy View Post
    I'd much rather have all the stuff in game, have Blizzard create some fun and interesting ways for us to obtain the would be store gear, instead of simply buying it on the store, it's less fun that way.
    I actually agree with that 100%.

As long as they're fresh sets, I'd be fine with it. Whether or not I buy them myself is irrelevant but as long as the CM/Shaman sets stay exclusive then knock yourself out.

Deleted
    Challenge modes need to be earned, not bought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer other sets in there, not the Challenge Mode or SoO Shaman set.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they sell it in the store, I will buy it...whatever it is.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't particularly care, but I'd find it ridiculously pointless to buy.

Transmog is about looking unique... buying store items defeats that in my mind.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Transmog is about looking unique... buying store items defeats that in my mind.
    I'm pretty sure xmog is about looking cool, as evidenced by all the clones you see running around wearing popular tier sets or armor designs.

Deleted
    I wouldn't pay for a transmog set from the store. I would work to earn one in game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    Challenge modes need to be earned, not bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I would prefer other sets in there, not the Challenge Mode or SoO Shaman set.
    Read the OP's second post. That's not what he meant lol. He definitely could've worded it better.

Absolutely not. The more they put in the store, the less content they will be producing for the game, since the same people in charge of these items will be in charge of the gear we find in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    Absolutely not. The more they put in the store, the less content they will be producing for the game, since the same people in charge of these items will be in charge of the gear we find in the game.
    Has Blizzard ever actually stated this? Is there any concrete evidence that supports this?

I'm not dismissing your claim, I'm just curious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Has Blizzard ever actually stated this? Is there any concrete evidence that supports this?

I'm not dismissing your claim, I'm just curious.
    It is a far conclusion to make.

Even presuming it is false. The design model of transmog would be flawed for the worse.
    There is one way to make people pay money for transmog in the store. And that is by making that gear more attractive to the players than the other gear available. That is done either by spending less time on the other gear and less resources, or by spending more time and resources on the shop gear. The first alternative is far more economical and would be the logical route to take for a company.

By taking time and resources from "regular" gear, it would not only be more cost efficient due to not having to hire additional personal, but also it would increase the value of the shop gear by reducing the value of the regular gear. It is a win/win for a company only interested in profit.

I don't really have a strong opinion either way.

I really would like to get the Challenge Mode armor (or armor like it) on some of my characters, but timed runs are not my thing. I'd rather see hard dungeons with a chance of dropping awesome looking pieces of gear.

As far as flat out buying sets of armor that are more detailed or have special effects on them compared to standard tier and pvp armor... I don't mind it as long as there are Challenge Modes and Achievements that also reward similarly detailed armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    It is a far conclusion to make.
    Not really. Many Cash Shop games split the duties between a dedicated Shop team and a dedicated Main Game team, or similar.

Even presuming it is false. The design model of transmog would be flawed for the worse.
    There is one way to make people pay money for transmog in the store. And that is by making that gear more attractive to the players than the other gear available.
    This however, has a bit more currency relative to a lot of preexisting examples.

The counterpoint, though, is that teams dedicated to producing cool-looking gear ends up giving you a wider variety of better options than just waiting for the trickle of tier sets every other patch. SWTOR non-shop gear does look fairly crap, but at the same time, the shop provides an amazing selection of looks you probably wouldn't see (ever) in just a standard sub model.

I prefer the wider set of options, but then, I also don't have an issue with microtransactions when they're done tastefully and don't directly impact the gameplay in pernicious ways (unlike say, most phone / Facebook games where it's engineered as pay-to-advance).