Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    Someone here told that it takes huge amounts of time to get realm first lvl80... Well sorry pal, but no it didnt. First ones got it in 24hours, and after that like 36 hours.. Something like that, witch bay the way is not THAT much for grown up person! As when it comes to professions - it was just matter of few hours... in some cases (first aid etc.) it was minutes, all you needed was gold.
    A grown up usually has responsibilities, like a job, or even friends/family. So it's much harder than if it were a young adult or a child.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Only if they were retroactively applied to realm firsts across every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    No, they should not add future elite/realm first titles as World of Warcraft has developed and changed over the years to a less intense community
    i think trying to recapture the good times, going back would be a step in the right direction.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    A grown up usually has responsibilities, like a job, or even friends/family. So it's much harder than if it were a young adult or a child.
    if you want realm first you can just take a few days off, me myself have no real job, but I have heard plenty who take 1-2 weeks off to play games, and I dont see anything wrong with that, some people like to travel, and some like to be the top raider

I'm just saying its possible
    Last edited by mannenabo; 2014-02-01 at 10:14 AM.

Aren't there still Achievements for realm first stuff though in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    As far as I know they said they were removing realm first achievements for professions/leveling, I'm going to assume the guild FoS for each tier will be the same, though only being realm first mythic rather than Realm First Heroic 10 and Realm First Heroic 25.

I think the removal of titles was fine, though I would love to see more mounts be 100% drop off the last boss and then moved to 1% drop the next tier. Something that is a visual representation of an accomplishment, while also avaliable to everyone even when the content is no longer relevant.

Hack even the normal Garrosh mount got me a few whispers and such from guilds/players who knew what it was and hadn't killed him on the first week. Obviously now its not so prestigious, but i'm perfectly fine with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No, they invoke bad gaming habits. Rewarding people for not taking care of their bodies by staying awake for long periods of time, and not stepping away from their machines. No ty
    Spare me. It wasn't even a remotely long period of time to level from 70-80, or 80-85, or 85-90. If you consider that "not taking care of your body by staying awake for a long period of time", I don't know what to say to you. And how is it a bad habit? You can start a habit by staying awake for 16-20 hours once every 2 years? Again, spare me. Ridiculous points.

only 20 people will get them from now on
    idc either way

I'm strongly against stuff that can only be earned once per server. But if Archmage title would require doing a long and hard as hell quest-chain, then I'm all for it.

Blizzard is right to remove them as those titles can become meaningless through the method of obtaining them.
    1) A single player playing non-stop which is very dangerous. If the kid dies while doing it, Blizzard will take all the blames and the media will crucify Blizzard for it.
    2) Several persons playing the same character around the clock nonstop.
    3) Not an activity for 99.9% of the players. Blizzard has changed since classic WoW. They try not to do things only for the 1% of players anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Blizzard stops with all realm first stuff in WoD, and this thread was about titles not the achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    People who are grown up, with kids and a family, do this. Take a look a t guilds like Blood Legion, Method, or Paragon; that's a least 100 people across all 3 raids (none of them have a set roster of 25, they rotate). I can guarantee you that some of them have kids, a spouse, a job, etc. Hell, there've been interviews where they're like, "Yeah, most of us use our vacation time for progression, just take a week or two off and go balls to the wall raiding."

Believe it or not, it's not all fatass neck beards who do stuff like that. It's hardly unreasonable to think of a grown man (or woman) taking time off work to do something like this.

Edit: if anything, I'd say it's harder for young adults or kids to do stuff like that. They don't have control over their life, they're still with their parents (unless the young adult in question is at college; even then, there are some who would/wouldn't put school on hold for stuff like that).

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Needs a poll

2.) I 110% support this fully knowing that I would never get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like those titles, but I don't think they should be realm first titles. I think it would be a good idea if you got them through a difficult class quest line.
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You aren't allowed to be special in this game anymore, has to be one with the masses to not bruise any delusional ego. Once a nameless drone, forever a nameless drone.
    Special here having the meaning of spending endless hours on the ptr, finding out exactly how and where to take advantage of the bugs/unintended inflated xp and spawn rate...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never get one, but I'd really like them to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard could just implement a title for "Reach Max Level in X Amount of Time when Expansion is Released" or something along those lines, so that they can make a time deemed "okay" enough that it wasn't really affecting the health of players, but still took a while so that the title wasn't abundant.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never really cared whether or not they were there in the first place, but the arguments against them are silly, people will level from 90-100 in one marathon regardless, and people will bash their heads against mythic raid bosses for unhealthy amounts of time in their first week regardless.

And as for the exclusivity of the titles, eh, not like that's a bad thing either. If you don't get one, tough luck, who cares, don't get jealous. If you do get one, good for you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I never really cared whether or not they were there in the first place, but the arguments against them are silly, people will level from 90-100 in one marathon regardless, and people will bash their heads against mythic raid bosses for unhealthy amounts of time in their first week regardless.

And as for the exclusivity of the titles, eh, not like that's a bad thing either. If you don't get one, tough luck, who cares, don't get jealous. If you do get one, good for you.
    You're using logic people can't grasp that!

Deleted
    Read the thread title as "realm first titties". Was gonna come in voting yes

OT: I don't really see the harm in it personally, it's just a title, I realize some people care about titles a lot more than I do though.