Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    3 seconds of running back < waiting for that one dude in a 25 man team with the 7 min. load screens.
    The game is not built around people runnig wow on windows 98 with a dial up connection.
    System Minimum Requirements are there for a reason.

You dont slow down the speed limit on a Nascar track because someone brought the flintstones car (which is surprisingly fast though, so may not be the best analogy).

10+ Year Old Account
    This could be a bad thing if you wipe on trash and someone runs it back to the entrance youll get stuck in a wipe loop

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The game is not built around people runnig wow on windows 98 with a dial up connection.
    System Minimum Requirements are there for a reason.

You dont slow down the speed limit on a Nascar track because someone brought the flintstones car (which is surprisingly fast though, so may not be the best analogy).
    How about you run out of the instance and back in to give you the "epic" feeling of corpserunning and all the reasonable people will get back to actually playing the game.

Well maybe if they hadn't introduced Mass Res people would actually know how to get back to their corpse ;p

However I do agree with a few of you on here: all of these small changes of convenience are depleting the game of flavor and immersion. I understand that a few of you want to "get back to the game", but how exactly is your spirit running back to your corpse not a part of the game? Are you saying that only when you are in combat you are "playing the game"? That only brings me to the argument that people have about the Super Bowl, in that there is only around 13-15 minutes of actual play time, and the rest is players standing around.

10+ Year Old Account

Good grief why the hell would you use that?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I was so used to it, that it never occurred to me that it could be improved upon. This is a great QoL update.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Good change. The double loading screen is often redundant as the entrace is almost always less than 10 seconds walk from raid entrace.
    Loading screen takes longer than actually getting from the SH to raid door.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I don't see any reason this is a bad thing but I also don't see any way it improves the game other then only 1 load screen.

Inb4 people crying about how this dumbs down the game....
    not dumbing it down, it's just cheapening it

10+ Year Old Account
    My loading screens usually tend to take annoyingly long, mostly alot faster to just lie there and wait for a ress..which people don´t always like.
    This change pleases me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I don't see any reason this is a bad thing but I also don't see any way it improves the game other then only 1 load screen.
    Two loading screens. For people with slow computers, that can be quite the boon.

Deleted
    I really dont know why they do this, they absolutely doesnt want new players to know where the raids/instances are located?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    That is your point of view.
    My point of view is more denial.

Sadly those two mind sets will never match.

I do not care to put on my kitty gloves to make people get a false sense of feeling better about themselves. I have no problem telling the cold truth. If that is arrogance, than so be it. In my opinion that just shows weakness in character if you get offended that easily.
    I personally like the change. This means that people will not be punished for not having an SSD and/or faster internet. There are still many who have machines that are sub-optimal while still being "new". It is "silver-spoon" thinking to expect that everyone has a rig and setup that can get through load screens in a couple seconds.

*Kitty gloves off*
    What YOU are doing is a microaggression. You are stereotyping an entire generation and an entire population (in thinking they are all part of that generation) into the same "getting what they want" category. You are using that argument, because you are not getting what you want. The truth is that you are expressing that you do not want QoL changes to the game, because (for you) that lowers the quality of the game.

All of us who have time to play and talk about video games are privileged. Another truth is that what one person likes about a game is not going to be true for all others and it may easily having nothing to do with being part of a specific group of people.

Let's not derail the thread, folks ... let's just keep it about the merits/drawbacks of this proposed change, without getting into personal attacks
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Let's not derail the thread, folks ... let's just keep it about the merits/drawbacks of this proposed change, without getting into personal attacks
    In fairness he drew the battleground.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More arrogance.
    He's right though. And whining about people being arrogant isn't actually an argument against their reasoning, it's just a cheap attempt to discredit them.

Look, this change is minor. But it's all of the flavor changes together. Rogue poisons are now basically a spell... before they used to be a consumable that the rogue actually made from ingredients and then applied to their weapons. Hunters used to have ammo and as much of a pain in the ass as it was to have bag space taken up that way, it made sense to have ammo for a weapon that shoots things. Hunter pets used to need food or you'd find them wandering off (and then you could Mend Pet and they'd be fine). Now, pet happiness isn't a thing.

There are more of these and, while none of them by itself is a big deal, taken together they start to make the game less detailed and a less detailed world is less convincing. But Firefly is right... new players complain about having to do too much. You'd never have survived the attunement stuff in TBC (Oh, hey, there's another flavor thing that's gone because it takes time and effort).

Too much of the game is being streamlined for people who want heroics to take 10 mins (and if you doubt there are people like that you're not reading this site).

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I did comment about the thread. In fact, I wrote more about it than you did in the OP. :P
    You created a generalized discussion by not actually saying any opinion or other structure by which to talk about in that OP. If there is something you actually want to speak about, then please....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    3 seconds of running back < waiting for that one dude in a 25 man team with the 7 min. load screens.
    Upgrade his PC. Seriously, people, PCs are dirt cheap. If you're running something older than 4 or 5 years, that's on you not the rest of us.

Some changes are good and some are bad for "flavor" this is a good change. There wasn't anything epic about running back to your body especially when instance servers are having problems. You'll understand when you wipe 200+ times on a boss like Lei Shen or Thok far inside of an instance already. The only change that needs to accompany this is a safe zone at the entrance so you can't get into some sort of lfr downs wipe loop when you're in randomly matched groups.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-02-01 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    snip.
    He's not right though; he's stereotyping all people who like QoL changes as silver-spoon, spoiled children.
    Rogue poisons actually had more changes than that even in vanilla: duration, removed on death, removed on entering the instance.
    Attunements were originally "get to this place in this dungeon". Very short and simple. MC was literally just get to the entrance inside BRD and BWL was a short dungeon run quest iirc.
    The TBC attunements were not the original style. Hunters having ammo/quivers, Warlocks having to farm 30 stones (each taking up 1 inventory slot), paladin buffs being 5min duration, etc are all different barriers more to raiding than to normal questing/dungeons/pvp.
    I agree that expecting "10min heroics" fresh at level cap is silly, but I do not feel it has anything to do with these QoL changes.

We'll still have a load screen, but I suppose it's better than two. I am surprised it took them this long to realize this and implement such a minor change... Guess they really don't care about the player experience that much. I know I have been complaining about this since classic(when BGs started having graveyards in them).