Looking for kick...

Yea it seems like the new popular thing to do. At this point it's probably happened to all of us for some stupid reason. I think it's time Blizzard implement a better feature than the existing one. Yes no system is perfect, but this one we have is too exploitable. It get exploited way more than what the function is actually intended to do.

They need to remove the kick CD timer. I seem to always have the 2 hour cooldown on it now, every LFR group has idiots that need to be kicked.

All i wish for is for someone to explain the "kick timer". I'm not an LD'R.. I rarely join LFR, but when I do, and there's some retard healing less than the tank or /afk'ing.... And I want to report an AFK or whatever, I get "player cannot be kicked for another 2 hours". Pure bullcrap, look at my armoury, I've never abused the system
    WTH am I getting penalized for this?
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

I haven't been able to kick someone in LFR since LAST february. It always says 2 or 4 hours blah blah.

I rarely kicked people in LFR before that... and a year?

This thing has to be broken.

Kick system does need sorting. It's a pain in the ass at the moment. Tired of being told I can't kick someone for 4 hours while they pull every bit of trash in the raid, verbally abuse everyone and cause multiple wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Confirm Deny View Post
    Wait... Don't MoP heroics take like 5 minutes? Seriously, what the hell do you actually have to do to attract someone's attention at this point, besides putting a target on your back with a silly transmog helm or something? Not that transmog helmets warrant removal, but seriously.

And LFR is just an extended version of LFD, naturally
    Dungeons in my experience have always been a much more polite environment than LFR, probably because they're easier and the group is smaller. With LFR I think the higher difficulty (albeit not by much) and larger group causes a mob mentality and people get more aggressive.

It just happened to me again. I was running a dungeon and two "bro" hunters were pulling everything and had their pet taunts on. I ask them to take it off please and they start verbally assaulting me. I cannot kick because they keep pulling. It's just plain stupid. It works better for trolls than anything else.

OK, what's your suggestion, then ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    OK, what's your suggestion, then ?
    Make it possible to kick players while in combat. Instead of writing down the reason. Have a list to click on. For example "dps pulling trash", and then have the others agree or disagree. This will somewhat eliminate zombie clicking. Oh and don't put the frame right in the middle of the screen. Put it to the side so you can continue playing, and agree or disagree without feeling forced to before anything else.

Not saying I disagree with your idea, but -- what happens if the system gets abused in the inverse, to kick folks who aren't doing anything wrong ? I don't see them allowing kicking while in combat without that being addressed. Like say to troll someone by kicking them just before a boss dies so they had to work for it but don't get a shot at loot ... like, "He's only doing (whatever) dps, he doesn't deserve loot, kick him"

I do think the system as it is is too easily abused by trolls / griefers, but I don't see Blizz changing it unless protections for new / lesser-skilled-but-earnestly-trying players are included in whatever the change is
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

There should be no extra rules with the kick system. Majority vote is majority vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Not saying I disagree with your idea, but -- what happens if the system gets abused in the inverse, to kick folks who aren't doing anything wrong ? I don't see them allowing kicking while in combat without that being addressed. Like say to troll someone by kicking them just before a boss dies so they had to work for it but don't get a shot at loot ... like, "He's only doing (whatever) dps, he doesn't deserve loot, kick him"

I do think the system as it is is too easily abused by trolls / griefers, but I don't see Blizz changing it unless protections for new / lesser-skilled-but-earnestly-trying players are included in whatever the change is
    Well yes it still can be abused, but it's still a vast improvement from what we have now. I don't see the idea I presented getting exploited more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    There should be no extra rules with the kick system. Majority vote is majority vote.
    I am not suggesting more rules. I'm suggesting a much cleaner approach, and you should be able to initiate a kick while in combat. That is the single biggest exploit in dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only problems with the system right now is the delay at start of dungeons for most people (personally I kick people so rarely that I can initiate votes right away), the delay after leaving combat until you can kick someone (seriously feels like a million years :|) and not being able to kick during loot rolls (just let people roll on items after they get kicked, no need to keep them around)

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The only problems with the system right now is the delay at start of dungeons for most people (personally I kick people so rarely that I can initiate votes right away), the delay after leaving combat until you can kick someone (seriously feels like a million years :|) and not being able to kick during loot rolls (just let people roll on items after they get kicked, no need to keep them around)
    I think it could be a lot better. Like I've mentioned. Make the frame pop up on the side of the screen with the ability to keep playing. A big reason people just hit the kick button is to get that freaking frame in the middle of the screen off. If it's on the side they can take a moment to actually think about hitting yes or no. Add the guys name and toon face to the frame as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I think it could be a lot better. Like I've mentioned. Make the frame pop up on the side of the screen with the ability to keep playing. A big reason people just hit the kick button is to get that freaking frame in the middle of the screen off. If it's on the side they can take a moment to actually think about hitting yes or no. Add the guys name and toon face to the frame as well.
    It's really not going to change anything. The only change you could make to it that made people not click the button instantly would be to make it unclickable for the first X seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It's really not going to change anything. The only change you could make to it that made people not click the button instantly would be to make it unclickable for the first X seconds.
    That would be an option. You don't think placement is important as well?