what if you don't like raiding, why would WoW be a good choice for those folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    just wait for Blade&Soul,that game will be top of the top !
    you are going to have to play the korean or chinese client if you want to play Blade & Soul

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say that Rift seems to fit those criteria the best. Especially in regards to player housing, it's literally Halo's Forge mode in an mmo but more precise and expandable. I always played solo in Rift and it was pretty fun, the F2P model is actually quite friendly and not ultra restricting (like perhaps swtor), it's also a lot like WoW and even though I agree that the talent system in that game does get a bit out of hand sometimes, it's still pretty much just like WoWs old talents. Now, if you're looking for a game with amazing combat and fun spellcasting, I would now recommend swtor. The sorceror/sage class is very very fun to play and combat in general in that game just feels so interactive and fluid. I like swtors combat better than almost any game ever. Who doesn't want unlimited power!?! The endgame in swtor however does not match up to the amount of content in Rifts endgame. Despite that, I still prefer swtors raids and pvp over Rifts. So one of those 2.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I gave suggestions; no one seems to want to read them though. Not Blizzard, not players, no one.
    Have you tried Twitter? I've had Holinka and Celestalon answer probably 20+ tweets from me, even one from Kosak. Also some other devs about old removed items to use for transmog. Honestly: before I discovered Twitter I felt I could never make myself heard by Blizzard, it truly is a great website. Ghostcrawler even admitted they barely read the forums ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    you are going to have to play the korean or chinese client if you want to play Blade & Soul
    i mean when they release it in USA/EU.should be soon,as far as i remember they postpone it last summer ,and its expected this year

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    i mean when they release it in USA/EU.should be soon,as far as i remember they postpone it last summer ,and its expected this year
    don't get your hopes up. the english website hasn't been updated since December 5th, 2012. The lead content writer for the english conversion now works at Riot.

Deleted
    Everquest Next looks awesome..

Deleted
    ESO is bad, Wildstar is bad and all other MMOs are terrible. MMOs are not playable anymore since like 2008.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    ESO is bad, Wildstar is bad and all other MMOs are terrible. MMOs are not playable anymore since like 2008.
    And you joined this MMO Forum last month because....?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    And you joined this MMO Forum last month because....?
    This is a Video Game forum not a MMO forum, kid.

This is a Video Game forum not a MMO forum, kid.
    why even end the sentence with kid? Act like an adult ffs.

No MMO currently or in the foreseeable future looks particularly good.

I'd say look into other games with multiplayer that aren't MMO, they tend to be well designed but they just lack a large playerbase. Which could be good if you're into being familiar with small communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Are you joking? IF you dont have an "end game" there is nothing to do after leveling. An MMO without an end game is a crappy single player game.
    This gave me cancer...

MMOs are not playable since 2000, IMO.

Deleted
    just rage uninstalled dota 2(don't ask why) and now I'm not sure what should I start playing

my choices are:
    a. WoW(played it b4 stopped because I felt that the classes were destroyed and unbalanced)
    b. Hearthstone(played the tutorial but wasn't that impressed ; I may be wrong but I think it lacks action)
    c. civ V played the tutorial which hasn't impressed me but I heard the game is pretty good and addictive

what do you recommend me?
    Last edited by mmocf2cd6cb86e; 2014-02-04 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    just rage uninstalled dota 2(don't ask why) and now I'm not sure what should I start playing

my choices are:
    a. WoW(played it b4 stopped because I felt that the classes were destroyed and unbalanced)
    b. Hearthstone(played the tutorial but wasn't that impressed ; I may be wrong but I think it lacks action)
    c. civ V played the tutorial which hasn't impressed me but I heard the game is pretty good and addictive

what do you recommend me?
    a. If you raged at destroyed and unbalanced classes, stay away, we don't need more of that anywhere :P
    b. It's a trading card game, of course it lacks action, it's basically chess with a bazillion pieces that you get to pick yourself
    c. Heartily recommend it, I always get the infamous "just one more turn" syndrome from it

for option C, that really depends if you like turn based strategy games. If you don't, then you are wasting your time with any Civ game

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    No MMO currently or in the foreseeable future looks particularly good.

I'd say look into other games with multiplayer that aren't MMO, they tend to be well designed but they just lack a large playerbase. Which could be good if you're into being familiar with small communities.
    This is disheartening. The only MMO I've played for some time officially went off the deep end of suck and is breathing its last breath on life support so I started looking in this thread for another.

Might have to head over to Starbound and find some people to play with. But if someone can suggest another multiplayer I can meet others through I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2014-02-05 at 12:20 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any of the smaller scale MMOs might do it. I find communities like in FFXIV: ARR or The Secret World which tend to be smaller also have nicer people. Not that you're going to come across the cream of the internet community, but at least you'll be avoiding the shit that comes with more popular titles.

I'd look into:

Runescape
    Eve Online
    Darkfall
    Rift
    Swtor
    Guild Wars 2
    Defiance
    The Secret World

or hell anything on the list of top f2p mmo's. But if you're burnt out on wow... most of these are basically WoW with a minor twist (like Swtor is wow in space with a different crafting and gear midification system, or rift is WoW with a different class system)

If you want something different from WoW, try some Gen 3 MMOs.

Vindictus
    Dragonnest
    Tera
    Neverwinter
    Firefall
    Warframe
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -