Question Pre-order for Warlords of Draenor (When?)

Pre-order for Mists of Pandaria was July 25th, 2012
    Release for Mists of Pandaria was September 25, 2012
    & pre-expansion patch for Mists of Pandaria was released August 28, 2012

So previously, the pre-order have been released 3 months before release, and just 2 months before pre-expansion patch for the expansion.

Hm.. When do you think the pre-order will be available for Warlords of Draenor?
    Still 3 months before? Leaving new or old players to grant their level character to level 90.. to enjoy the end game content for 2 months before moving on to the pre-expansion patch that includes the event of going to Draenor?

Will that be enough time, if it would be like that.. for instance, completing the legendary quest chain in 2-3 months?
    Last edited by SwizzleTweets; 2014-02-03 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    Pre-order for Mists of Pandaria was July 25th, 2012
    Release for Mists of Pandaria was September 25, 2012
    & pre-expansion patch for Mists of Pandaria was released August 28, 2012

So previously, the pre-order have been released 3 months before release, and just 2 months before pre-expansion patch for the expansion.

Hm.. When do you think the pre-order will be available for Warlords of Draenor?
    Still 3 months before?
    It will depend. In my gut, I still believe an annual style pass isn't out of question. Just so that the "free 90 boost," etc. gets out to the public. Alongside, a mount and possibly beta testing or free X game/expansion.

Honestly, I think closed beta and pre-order will be out at the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Can't really do that since they don't know if a problem in beta could jeopardize the release date. They wait until they are 100% certain of the release date.

They have already said the legendary cloak is not going to remain relevant in the new expansion, so why waste the time to attempt to grind it out on a new instant 90 when you know it's on a super awful count down to being bagged for good?
    Seems like a giant waste of time to me.

It will depend. In my gut, I still believe an annual style pass isn't out of question.
    They have already said at Blizzcon and in recent twitter postings that an another Annual Pass is, infact, out of the question. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    They have already said the legendary cloak is not going to remain relevant in the new expansion, so why waste the time to attempt to grind it out on a new instant 90 when you know it's on a super awful count down to being bagged for good?
    Seems like a giant waste of time to me.

They have already said at Blizzcon and in recent twitter postings that an another Annual Pass is, infact, out of the question. =\
    They have said that they wanted to give people the chance to experience the end game, getting the legendary cloak. And they said that.
    So it would be weird if they want new players to grant a character to level 90, just to waste time on legendary cloak, if the next expansion would hit sooner rather than later? So perhaps this time, we will see a pre-order 4+ months before release?

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Can't really do that since they don't know if a problem in beta could jeopardize the release date. They wait until they are 100% certain of the release date.
    Why? No-one knew when D3 would be released when the Annual Pass started.

I expect that the pre-order will be available within a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    There is no need for another Annual Pass when they can lock players in with the pre-order for WOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I agree with this! If I had to guess when I would say either end of this month/early march. I would totally be okay with that because my birthday is March 3rd. Although I wouldn't get upset if I was wrong. I am wishfully hoping the beta launches soon.

They could release the beta and the pre-order at the same time and even if the game gets postponed a little they are still making sales and pre-orders are still up. (Collectors mount shall be mine!!!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why? No-one knew when D3 would be released when the Annual Pass started.

I expect that the pre-order will be available within a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no need for another Annual Pass when they can lock players in with the pre-order for WOD.
    Exactly, if they do pre-orders a lot will resubscribe to work on their characters for the expansion and also play with a boosted level 90.

Maybe they want the pre-order to hit around release of The Elder Scrolls Online? Around April 4?

Deleted
    maybe in 2-3 weeks? when 5.4.7 goes live. (mount+pet+boost)

I think they'll want to have the 90 boost and pre-orders available before ESO goes live. That way, they entice people to stay subbed and buy the expansion, and give us enough time to make good on their statement that "Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process."

The x-factor here is Wildstar. I think Blizzard will want to position WoD release (or depending on timing, at least the 6.0 prepatch release) around that date. Until Wildstar gets a date, Blizzard may not want to commit to a specific date for WoD.

Deleted
    all of you saying that wildstar will be a threat to wow: leave please. It won't, i've played it quite a bit and i enjoy it but there is no way that blizzard should think they get competition with wildstar.

but then on topic: i really hope to see it soon cause i can't wait for 5.4.7 (in the hopes that patch and CE or Digital Deluxe) launch at same day.
    i hope the DD edition also contains a beta invite

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    all of you saying that wildstar will be a threat to wow: leave please. It won't, i've played it quite a bit and i enjoy it but there is no way that blizzard should think they get competition with wildstar.
    I never said Wildstar would be a threat, or that Blizzard considers it to be one.

But, Blizzard undeniably likes to position its own content releases around releases of other MMOs, regardless of how successful those other MMOs might end up being - e.g., MoP pre-patch was released on Aug. 28, 2012, same day as GW2 launch. Patch 4.3 (Dragon Soul) came out less than a month before SWTOR launched.

Actually I'm going to predict that we will get to pre-order Warlords of Draenor on February 18 or 19!

Why so soon? Because it's different this time, the developers want people new players or returning players giving World of Warcraft a new chance, to actually get time to complete the legendary quest that takes a lot of time plus having the time to gear up for flex? or is it normal? Siege of Orgrimmar raid, where the heirlooms drop.

And if you want those primary professions up to max level, and you originally planned grant a level 1 to 90, then it's better to level to 60 first.

Deleted
    tomorrow. 6AM ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    For this special limited time offer, Preorder Warlords of Draenor & receive Beta access.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    For this special limited time offer, Preorder Warlords of Draenor & receive Beta access.
    Please yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post

but then on topic: i really hope to see it soon cause i can't wait for 5.4.7 (in the hopes that patch and CE or Digital Deluxe) launch at same day.
    i hope the DD edition also contains a beta invite
    I agree its a good game & is fun, but my god is it over hyped & nothing like people say it is.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

2 months before release.