Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Confirmed] Kairoz is guilty of the time travel with Garrosh.

Remember that fake bronze dragon/blood elf named Kairoz from Timeless Isle? If you have completed the Epoch Stone questline you will know that Kairoz has some sort of involvement with the Garrosh storyline.

At Blizzcon 2014, Chris Metzen talked a lot about this "friend" of Garrosh who saved him and took him back to Draenor 30 years earlier - In the youtube link /watch?v=4TqWCi3JAiA

As a mistake, a guy accidentally named the friend and called him Kairoz at 0:09:30. So we are actually helping this guy who later turns out to be our enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is pretty much known among the playerbase(That was watching Blizzcon). I bet he'll be in the Warcrimes Novel.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think they even called spoilers on that bit right there.

Anyone who went through Kairoz's questline on the Isle got the sense that he was up to something with creative use of time travel - and the visions imply that it's something that's no good. It wasn't exactly difficult to figure out that if Garrosh is going to be doing some weird time-travel to the past thing, it'd involve the bronze dragonflight, and Kairoz is currently the most likely culprit.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep, and garrosh will die by the hands of sargeras, I know it

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I believe this is pretty much known among the playerbase(That was watching Blizzcon). I bet he'll be in the Warcrimes Novel.
    Karioz will be in Warcrimes because he is Christie Golden's character. I forget where the source for this is, but somewhere she mentioned that Karioz was her character, meaning that he plays some role in her book. I am just going to enjoy the fact he was in game first so there will be an actual connection between book events and what happens in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsberg View Post
    As a mistake, a guy accidentally named the friend and called him Kairoz at 0:09:30. So we are actually helping this guy who later turns out to be our enemy.
    Man, I saw that video like 5 times already, and I totally missed him say Kairoz's name until you called that out.

Interesting. What I was expecting, but still interesting.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    That's a funny way to spell "Grom."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Sargeras won't be alive in the alternate timeline, during the time this is set (just before dark portal opening) Sargeras was still inside Medivh's body IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Sargeras won't be alive in the alternate timeline, during the time this is set (just before dark portal opening) Sargeras was still inside Medivh's body IIRC
    Has Blizzard commented on if Alternate Azeroth even exists? Or is that just based on assumption? (Albeit good assumptions)

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Taken from the WoW wiki

Warlords of Draenor

WoD This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.

In the aftermath of the Siege of Orgrimmar, Kairoz helps Garrosh escape imprisonment and travel 35 years into the past to spawn an alternate timeline by preventing the orcish clans from drinking the blood of Mannoroth, instead introducing modern siege technology and helping unite the clans as the Iron Horde. Kairoz then helps complete and bridge the Dark Portal of this alternate Draenor with the Dark Portal of present day Azeroth, so that the Iron Horde can invade.[1]
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Has Blizzard commented on if Alternate Azeroth even exists? Or is that just based on assumption? (Albeit good assumptions)
    They wouldn't have to acknowledge it. It'd be like saying "I went back to 1991 and prevented the Soviet Union from dissolving; but I don't know if the USA exists in 1991 now."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

No, I think it's safe to assume it does exist until told otherwise but whether we'll see it or not is another question all together

First off: I just can't wrap my head around what exactly is happening in the time stream with this for some reason in how it happens

Having said that, how do we know Garrosh doesn't essentially just create a copy of just Draenor years ago? And seperates it from the timeline?

Deleted
    Someone asked whether we might visit other places based on that alternate timeline, and Afrasiabi said that's definitely possibly. They didn't say Azeroth, but it would be the most logical place to go, especially since Draenor/Outland and Azeroth are the only places where we can go. Doesn't make much sense to explore places in an alternate timeline, that we haven't even seen in our timeline.

Almost smells like Old God corruption (in terms of Kairoz) if you ask me.

First off: I just can't wrap my head around what exactly is happening in the time stream with this for some reason in how it happens

Having said that, how do we know Garrosh doesn't essentially just create a copy of just Draenor years ago? And seperates it from the timeline?
    Because that would require a massive amount of extra effort. It's a very simple concept and you're pretty much close. (As you likely already know.)

Dude goes back in time.
    Dude changes thing.
    Dude is now in Universe B.
    Portal from Universe A finds itself being contacted by Universe B and connects.
    Universe A is uneffected by anything until that moment.
    [What's half of minor?]

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's 90% possible that we'll go to Azeroth. I got this fear that we will go there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Haglaz View Post
    Almost smells like Old God corruption (in terms of Kairoz) if you ask me.
    Actually the trending theory is that Kairoz is actually a member of the Infinite Dragonflight, i.e. the ones who kept trying to change the past in the Caverns of Time instances, and are thusly due to their matching motives, agents themselves of the Burning Legion- so not only is Kairoz going to bring Thrall back to Draenor and all of that, but he's also going to be the link that bring the next expac (Burning Legion themed) now that the Orcs on Dreanor never drank the demon blood in this timeline.