Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Love pvp balance effecting my pve

Further to my previous post, as a tank / pure PvE player this is much more acceptable. This does significantly weaken disrupting shout removing our ability to dual interrupts, but i still don't want to swap it out for piercing howl, it's still a relevant talent on niche fights but aye a heavy nerf on disrupting, not as harsh as the charge nerf mind. A cooldown increase would of felt better in a PvE scenario though but i'll take this over the charge nerf.

Deleted
    I rarely PvP but the removal of charge's stun would have been retarded.

Blizzard added too much CC, Stuns or Interrupt Spells in MoP and suddenly things become Overpowered.
    Instead of fixing the new Spells they then start to nerf old Spells which were fine before.

I mainly do PvE and i don't think this change will affect me in the slightest way, so for me this is by far the better change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    They should just make Disrupting Shout replace Pummel when you talent it, if they're doing this.

TBH it makes that talent tier more interesting for me — usually I just keep it parked on Disrupting because it's so much better than the other options. Now it's Piercing Howl by default, Disrupting iff I have a legitimate reason to interrupt in a radius vs. keeping a priority target locked up.

Entirely PvE perspective, btw.
    I pretty much get my raid spot because of Disrupting Shout/Pummel on the Garrosh Mind Controls...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    I pretty much get my raid spot because of Disrupting Shout/Pummel on the Garrosh Mind Controls...
    You really want to say that you would lose your raid spot if disrupting shout replaced pummel? You would still be able to interrupt the first cast of a whole mind control spawn on your own. If you would lose your Raid Spot just because you can't Pummel one single Add during his second cast, then maybe you or your guild does something wrong.

You are terrible if that is what entitles your raidspot, newsflash: raids without warriors also manage to kill garrosh..

Arguments like yours are pointless.

Deleted
    so basically if i understand correctly the way pummel and disrupting shout will work , disrupting shout will become useless unless you are surrounded by casters. Not to mention that now all the level 45 talents are useless. staggering breaks off damage - useless , piercing howl useless since warrior mobility is great and you can sit in enemy`s face all the time

Don't cry Billy, it'll all be okay .

In Other News: Warriors can still solo interrupt a whole mind control spawn on their own (two in a row if you count non-empowered with Shockwave).

I highly doubt any Warrior ever would be benched if they lost Pummel.

From the perspective of a pve player i'm going to cry about this change. But then again it's better than the charge change.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna miss pummeling for damage buff, bladestorm and interrupting the next cast on Galakras now.
    I don't like this change I thought warriors were about control

Inb4; LEL STAHP WHINING

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    This is what a blizz blue said about charge and also they are putting pummel and disrupting shout on the same DR seriously blizzard its hard enough as a warrior to beat casters
    Stopped reading there. Best class vs casters says it's hard. Go play a lock vs warrior or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Go play a lock vs warrior or something.
    God help us precious warlocks being not top tier at something for a while.

Anyways that awful shitfest calling itself pvp being annoying again who would have thought that. Not that it matters though with no new content coming up anyways before the addon.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-02-04 at 09:35 AM.

I don't think it's a "better" change at all.

The Charge nerf brought Warbringer on par with other talents pve-wise because on some fights you really need this stun but, let be realistic, you rarely need both the stun and a double charge. I think the only situation where this change bothered me was Challenge Mode. In most situation, it actually put Warbringer to a point where you have to choose between several talents.

Now, the new nerf basically destroys a talent. Ok, this talent was far better than the two others so it's a good idea to try and make them closer to each other. But for this tier to be useful in pve you'd have to buff the two other talents, not nerf the only viable one. (I'm talking about pve, here. I know it would be stupid in pvp.)
    So now, outside of Garrosh (and maybe Nazgrim), I don't have any interesting talent on this tier. While before I could happily double-interrupt on Protectors or Galakras, for instance.
    It's also create a very punitive gameplay. "Oh sh*t, I've used Plummel, I won't be able to aoe kick this pack!" in CM makes me afraid. I'm considering removing Plummel for my bar to avoid such a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post

Anyways that awful shitfest calling itself pvp being annoying again who would have thought that. Not that it matters though with no new content coming up anyways before the addon.
    Regarding this, im pretty sure that Warlocks are going to be really strong next season anyways. Simply due to the much higher ilvl and insane scaling from affliction.

Warlocks are literally gonna double their dmg (minus resillience) , while other classes will maybe get + 50% at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Talith View Post
    Neither the charge losing stun nor the interrupt change impacts PvE, so no idea what you're talking about. If your raid group needs you interrupting multiple things it's your group that needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Stopped reading there. Best class vs casters says it's hard. Go play a lock vs warrior or something.
    You realize it's a team game, right? Lock vs Warrior means absolutely nothing. Go play a Warrior against MLS, and tell me how it goes when you can't hit anything half the game because you're sheeped/feared/stunned/rooted the whole time and your healer can't dispel because of UA, and even without UA the CD on dispels means you're sitting in roots anyway.

Warriors are entirely controllable in arenas, it's not even particularly hard. Yes, in duels Warriors are good against casters, but in duels Hunters are gods and nothing else stands a chance, so why are Hunters not being nerfed if it's duels we're focused on?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talith View Post
    Or the 99 times, when PvE effecting PvP Plus they already reworked the change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Neither the charge losing stun nor the interrupt change impacts PvE, so no idea what you're talking about. If your raid group needs you interrupting multiple things it's your group that needs work.

You realize it's a team game, right? Lock vs Warrior means absolutely nothing. Go play a Warrior against MLS, and tell me how it goes when you can't hit anything half the game because you're sheeped/feared/stunned/rooted the whole time and your healer can't dispel because of UA, and even without UA the CD on dispels means you're sitting in roots anyway.

Warriors are entirely controllable in arenas, it's not even particularly hard. Yes, in duels Warriors are good against casters, but in duels Hunters are gods and nothing else stands a chance, so why are Hunters not being nerfed if it's duels we're focused on?
    Warriors has the best mobility and pressure out of all the melees in the game. Try playing a Ret, enhance, rogue, feral or DK agaisnt MLS. There is a reason Blizzard thinking about nerfing them and not the others.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

This was a good change imo. The stun was placed there to keep the target in place when you charged, so you'd end up at the target. The root will do the same thing.
    The stun effect was also used alot to interrupt spell casters, which was not its intended purpose. Warriors have plenty of interrupts and control, warriors will still be fine after this change.
    They've also said they are looking to reduce CC in Warlords, so this change will be nice. Hopefully more of these changes will come for various classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Regarding this, im pretty sure that Warlocks are going to be really strong next season anyways. Simply due to the much higher ilvl and insane scaling from affliction.

Warlocks are literally gonna double their dmg (minus resillience) , while other classes will maybe get + 50% at best.
    They won't. Also warlocks are always good in 3v3. Due to their mechanic and synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

So it's ok for a classs to be crap in 1v1 and 2v2 because it's good in 3v3 while another class is insanely good in 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 ? (not talking particularly about warlocks here, just general idea)

Warrior's are casters nightmare. And no, they are not easily controllable with amount of cc mobility dmg they have.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2014-02-04 at 10:37 AM.

Haha Killyox, you're signature is amazing :').

The new change is even better in my opinion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I meant a better compromise would be to make Disrupt replace Pummel in the literal sense, ie Pummel becomes an AoE rupt at the same CD.

You gain something significant from the talent (as opposed to a little dubious), but lose the ability to rapidly chain 2 interrupts. Piercing basically grants an AoE Hamstring, so getting an AoE Pummel as the alternative sounds reasonable.

If 10yd radius 4s rupt every 15s is too over-the-top (I'm sceptical, since it still requires making sure everyone is silly enough to clump around a Warrior and stand around casting instead of fleeing in opposite directions), tweak it as necessary: lower radius, put on GCD, reduce lockout timer, increase CD to 24 / 30s to match other ranged interrupts, etc etc etc.

It just feels a little bad as a counterintuitive talent where you need 2 binds to choose between two abilities with shared but different cooldowns that do the exact same thing in most situations. Kind of Shaman Shock Syndrome, but at least with Shocks the CDs are identical and you're just choosing between very different options.

This is like having Frost Shock (6s), and then AoE Frost Shock (30s), and they both share a CD, except the CD works differently depending on the order you use them, so you have to track both separately anyway. Functional, but awkward.