10+ Year Old Account

Making the switch from PvE to Pvp

Hey all, so in my sig is my monks armory, as soon as I farm 22k more timeless coins to get my mount I'm going to switch from PvE to PvP. Now I would say that I'm pretty decent considering I get bloody coins every once in a while, I know how to use my cc effectively and know what times to burst at etc. I'm just wondering what my best route to getting good pvp gear would be at this point. Just straight arena farm? Bgs? Rated bgs? As someone who only pvp'd seriously(and not that seriously) in BC I'm not quite sure what to do right now. Some suggestions would be great!

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Pay an arms warrior to get you conquest capped,

Do 2s to get your Conquest cap is the easiest way. Just about any class will work, Monks are the best imo because they can 1v2 so you really don't even need to be there. Just find a geared player and either pay them or if it's a friend tell them to get you capped, because until you're at least like 518 ilvl you won't be able to do much. Especially need the weapons, anyway. If you want you could grind honor for full Tyrannical first, and then get carried through 2s for Grievous, but I wouldn't even bother because honestly it won't make a big difference and it's a lot of time/effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Do 2s to get your Conquest cap is the easiest way. Just about any class will work, Monks are the best imo because they can 1v2 so you really don't even need to be there. Just find a geared player and either pay them or if it's a friend tell them to get you capped, because until you're at least like 518 ilvl you won't be able to do much. Especially need the weapons, anyway. If you want you could grind honor for full Tyrannical first, and then get carried through 2s for Grievous, but I wouldn't even bother because honestly it won't make a big difference and it's a lot of time/effort.
    This is what my irl friend and other people have been saying. What do you recommend I buy with conquest first? just go straight for weapons? set bonus? trinkets? off-set? Thanks for the feed back.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafua View Post
    This is what my irl friend and other people have been saying. What do you recommend I buy with conquest first? just go straight for weapons? set bonus? trinkets? off-set? Thanks for the feed back.
    Unless they changed it, you shouldn't go straight for the weapon because it still requires 7350 total conquest points.

Personally when I was gearing, I'd buy one the expensive pieces first (helm/chest/legs) and a belt then save for the weapon. Afterwards I bought the rest of the expensive pieces then just worked my way from top down. I personally saved trinkets for last because the stat gain to Grievous is 100+
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

buy in this order :

chest/helm - shoulder - weapon - chest/helm

this will take around 5-6 weeks if you are not lucky with rbgs. while doing this , kill celestials and use a coin for extra roll every week.

after you are done with the pieces that won't drop from celestials , buy the cheap items first so you won't waste too much conquest points if they drop from world boss aswell.

so for the rest you go with

ring - neck - wrist - ring - gloves - boots - belt - trinket - trinket - leg

you can swap items at the same cost inbetween

and always buy the gloves with honor points so you will have bonus skill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    buy in this order :

chest/helm - shoulder - weapon - chest/helm

this will take around 5-6 weeks if you are not lucky with rbgs. while doing this , kill celestials and use a coin for extra roll every week.

after you are done with the pieces that won't drop from celestials , buy the cheap items first so you won't waste too much conquest points if they drop from world boss aswell.

so for the rest you go with

ring - neck - wrist - ring - gloves - boots - belt - trinket - trinket - leg

you can swap items at the same cost inbetween

and always buy the gloves with honor points so you will have bonus skill from there.
    By now he will have a ~21k cap for conquest so that 5-6 weeks is irrelevant. The best things you can get cost the most so save rings/back/wrist and freedom trinket for last and get the honor versions of those.

Deleted
    I havent noticed much difference from 500 to 516ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    By now he will have a ~21k cap for conquest so that 5-6 weeks is irrelevant. The best things you can get cost the most so save rings/back/wrist and freedom trinket for last and get the honor versions of those.
    well its always better to know how to buy things as we are getting into a new season :P

its really hard to get that cap in like 1 week anyways.

With the ilvl in PVE gear being as high as it is now I am not sure how much benefit getting the honor gear will have at this point. I would grab the 2 trinkets for sure.

Also even if you dont plan on buying honor gear I would cap it. The changes on the PTR seem very small and I dont think they will require to much time to verify. Then the current conquest gear will go to honor and you can grab a few solid upgrades really fast.

By far the fastest way to get honor is the pvp rare mobs at lions landing. You can get an OQ group with 1 person from 15 different servers and end up killing 15-20 of them an hour for about as much honor as a BG win which is why they are adjusting it.