15+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo mail got hacked....atleast i know that everything is good on my end. The hacker just seemed to send a bad advirtisement to all my contacts.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the disadvantage of a 'good' speakerset and a DAC is you realise how pisspoor most recordings are...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Meh, the disadvantage of a 'good' speakerset and a DAC is you realise how pisspoor most recordings are...
    Really comes down to how much a given musical artist, for example, cares about how their music sounds. I can say that Dream Theater is one who cares a lot and 99.5% of their stuff sounds crystal clear. The only time it gets a little rough is when they go to extreme highs at high volume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yahoo mail got hacked....atleast i know that everything is good on my end. The hacker just seemed to send a bad advirtisement to all my contacts.
    I don't know if anything was sent to my contacts, no one said anything. But I've been with Yahoo for almost a decade now... wow. I'm pretty comfortable. Beta tester, unlimited storage, all the good stuff! ;D
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Really comes down to how much a given musical artist, for example, cares about how their music sounds.
    Heh, Death Magnetic anyone? :'')

Also, indeed DT's albums sound nice. Never get tired of that 6string bass, much like Karnivool. It just sounds divine.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-02 at 12:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if anything was sent to my contacts, no one said anything. But I've been with Yahoo for almost a decade now... wow. I'm pretty comfortable. Beta tester, unlimited storage, all the good stuff! ;D
    If your account was affected they would have auto-reseted your password. Anyway it wasn't hacking on yahoo per se since the attack took place on third party site afaik? So take some common precautions for password protection and you should be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i think the term 'hacking' gets used too loosely. I don't think a person actively went after your personal account to send a few spam. This looks more like a automatic hijack/keylog of your account.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-02 at 12:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I noticed I was hacked is when I was at work, my other email emailed my work email. It look at it and was like "wtf is this?". Though the person did email my contact list, yahoo did lock my account right fast after that.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    You sending an email to your entire contactlist from another country is a nice telltale sign usually : )

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaah this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjoWMA5d84

A server hard drive from the late 80's. The size was around 2GB and it costed freaking $250,000. Look at the beauty though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Aaah this is awesome.

A server hard drive from the late 80's. The size was around 2GB and it costed freaking $250,000. Look at the beauty though...
    Holy SHIT that guy's voice is annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Also Delt isn't exactly a guitar guy :P
    Only in the matter of I don't play guitar...
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2014-02-04 at 02:08 AM.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in the matter of I don't play guitar...
    Yeah that's what I meant
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Aaah this is awesome.

The guy says 10MB. Also, just look at the engineering that went into that thing. It was designed to do one thing, and it does that one thing brilliantly and simply. A truly amazing and beautiful piece of design.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-02-04 at 01:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The guy says 10MB. Also, just look at the engineering that went into that thing. It was designed to do one thing, and it does that one thing brilliantly and simply. A truly amazing and beautiful piece of design.
    It was later confirmed to be a bit bigger like 2-4gb I think. Anyway, such an awesome "little" thing indeed.

Anyone have an alternative for the NH-D14 quality-wise? Amazon is being a bit annoying (20 euros to ship to my country)... Preferably an air cooler

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Anyone have an alternative for the NH-D14 quality-wise? Amazon is being a bit annoying (20 euros to ship to my country)... Preferably an air cooler
    Thermalright Silver Arrow. Probably even harder to find then a NH-D14 though.

How about the Phanteks PH-TC14PE?

http://phanteks.com/PH-TC14PE.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced C1 / Pro 2 / Pro 3.

Also, I f'in love this MSI Z87i Gaming AC board. I can overclock the CPU to 4.3ghz whilst retaining Dynamic voltage/clocking. Even C7 still works. BIOS puts the Vcore at 1.173V during prime95 25.11. AVX2 prime95 puts it on about 1.242(FFT)-1.252V(BLEND).
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-02-07 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kudos and thanks to BruceG87 for the suggestion of the PAC Ground Loop Isolator thingy. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just plugged it into my ASUS Xonar DX and then into the RCA cable I have for my Presonus Eris E5 studio monitors... no noise! Just the little bit when no sound is going through, which is going to happen with such high-powered studio monitors. Thanks man, while I can't return the TASCAM US-366 to my Sam Ash at this point for a full refund or any money, I can get store credit, which means perhaps a new cymbal for my drumset or something. ;P

Have always wanted one of these, will probably get it: http://www.samash.com/zildjian-fx-or...h-cymbal-z0616
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Deltrus I wonder which one sounds better though, can you make out distinct differences? Or are you just glad the noise is gone :P

Did a little stresstesting on the i5

Temps seem fine, though admitted it's not AVX2. That got me about 96degrees when the 64K tests started, and i cancelled it.

15+ Year Old Account
    96degrees is nothing on haswell. The hottest core on my i7 3770k pushes 100°C during the most stressful part of prime95 with my highest benched 4.6GHz overclock, and it's just fine!