View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoW is only going down from here, if you ignore the occasional ~100k gain from new expansions. And it has nothing to do with the fact it's more casual than ever. It has everything to do with the fact that the game is 10 years old, and eventually people are gonna get tired of playing the same thing over and over again. Some people will come back for the new expansion, but they'll quickly remember why they quit in the first place. That happens to me every single time, but it won't happen this time.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard is done creatively. Instead of staying hungry, they got fat and happy with where they were at. That's why when the subs started dropping, they had no answer. The subs continued to drop, and they thought getting content out faster than ever would be the fix. They were wrong. The problem isn't the speed of content, it's the fact the content is now boring.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard's main goal is to milk the game for all its worth. We're seeing more and more items and services being thrown on the store at an alarming rate. This game used to be free of that stuff, because paying $15 month actually meant something. Not anymore. Next will be microtransactions on the level of Candy Crush.

I think it's time for people to wake up and smell the coffee. Blizzard is but a shadow of its former self. Their greed is leading this game to ruin, as it will for all their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Games View Post
    WoW is only going down from here, if you ignore the occasional ~100k gain from new expansions. And it has nothing to do with the fact it's more casual than ever. It has everything to do with the fact that the game is 10 years old, and eventually people are gonna get tired of playing the same thing over and over again. Some people will come back for the new expansion, but they'll quickly remember why they quit in the first place. That happens to me every single time, but it won't happen this time.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard is done creatively. Instead of staying hungry, they got fat and happy with where they were at. That's why when the subs started dropping, they had no answer. The subs continued to drop, and they thought getting content out faster than ever would be the fix. They were wrong. The problem isn't the speed of content, it's the fact the content is now boring.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard's main goal is to milk the game for all its worth. We're seeing more and more items and services being thrown on the store at an alarming rate. This game used to be free of that stuff, because paying $15 month actually meant something. Not anymore. Next will be microtransactions on the level of Candy Crush.

I think it's time for people to wake up and smell the coffee. Blizzard is but a shadow of its former self. Their greed is leading this game to ruin, as it will for all their games.
    Everybody , pls read this post, the pure truth of WoW, Tnx man por posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hey don't worry about those nonsense posts man. Read my quote and you will understand why people vehemently defend WoW like they do. I know its illogical and upsetting, but thats the way it works with some of these people.

To think that WoW won't lose subs its just wishful thinking.. especially seeing how bad Mop was.
    That's pretty much the case with all fanboys, just look a the Sony vs. Microsoft console war thing. Or the PC master race. It's a corporation and they treat it like it's a person or a valuable thing to them.

this video explains it too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keH4g2IuLnA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    This just in - Catering to 1% will bring in a higher amount of players.
    The game used to cater to nobody like it was in Vanilla/TBC and skill determined your progression. It was never hardcore vs. casual back then people just played.

Don't know what happened but Blizzard must have socially engineered people over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible poll options once again Jaylock. You should at least include up to 8m to be safe. Guessing 6.9m

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    The game used to cater to nobody like it was in Vanilla/TBC and skill determined your progression. It was never hardcore vs. casual back then people just played.

Don't know what happened but Blizzard must have socially engineered people over the years.
    Vanilla/TBC had less players then "The Era of Casual-gaming". Funny how that works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla/TBC had less players then "The Era of Casual-gaming". Funny how that works.
    Sorry but the whole TBC Period has more subs than now.

Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-02-05 at 01:36 AM.

Nice try but try harder. 11 million at the end of TBC and in 2 days we will probably hear 7-7.5 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how many people from my friends list started playing again that I haven't played with since T11: No loss - 200k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Sorry but the whole TBC Period has more subs than now.
    Nice try but try harder. 11 million at the end of TBC and in 2 days we will probably hear 7-7.5 million.
    This just in - Reading comprehension.

Twas even higher in Wrath and Cata.

Both places where the LFR and Casual Concept/nerfs became prominent.

But hey, All the more rage - amirite?

I don't think the subs are going to change much to be honest, it's probably going to be like +/-100k.

This just in - Reading comprehension.

Twas even higher in Wrath and Cata.

Both places where the LFR and Casual Concept/nerfs became prominent.

But hey, All the more rage - amirite?
    They've turned casual because they are greedy for fast money. We will see how it works out in the long run for them.

I wonder how many will buy Diablo 3's expansion cause it's definitely not going to be record breaking this time.
    Last edited by Peso; 2014-02-05 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Considering how many people from my friends list started playing again that I haven't played with since T11: No loss - 200k
    Pretty sure we wont see a big loss too. They sold a bunch of 5$ battlechest for a full month + there is no big competition at the moment.

My final bet = 50k loss.

Im still predicting a solid -2M subs for Q2 tho.
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-02-05 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    WoW had it's peak, and it's called THE peak for a reason because it's a one time thing. It won't rise back to those numbers ever again, no matter how amazing it'll be as a game.
    You can't really call that, as you can't predict the future. Meaning, wow until it's dead, can still rise up to those heights, though unlikely.

Prediction: WoW will fluctuate until it's end.

Deleted
    They've turned casual because they are greedy for fast money. We will see how it works out in the long run for them.
    Screaming about casuals when 0.4% has taken down Garrosh HC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Thx for proving hardcore raiders left this game which is now a casual land.

And welcome to my ignore list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Yes. Thx for proving hardcore raiders left this game which is now a casual land.

And welcome to my ignore list.
    Make-belief.

People don't want to go through 3 other difficulties to try Heroic maybe.

4 difficulties isn't content it's repetitive bullshit.

Once is enough and people will always choose the path of least resistance layed out for them.

People don't want to go through 3 other difficulties to try Heroic maybe.

4 difficulties isn't content it's repetitive bullshit.

Once is enough and people will always choose the path of least resistance layed out for them.
    Except you can do normal from ToT ilvls and never need to do LFR (ever) or Flex.

And normal vs heroic are vastly different in terms of strategy and mechanics on many of the bosses so it's not even the same fight.

Basically you're just making excuses why you're bad.

People who want to do casual stuff do LFR and Flex, people who want to do progression do Normal and Heroic. Heroic raiders don't sit and do LFR and Flex, they clear normal in the first few weeks and move onto heroics.
    Last edited by Strifey; 2014-02-05 at 02:01 AM.