Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's their money let them pay for overpriced garbage if they want to. You can't find logic behind the actions of hardcore fans. I think the last special edition game I bought was Halo 2 years ago. It's never worth the money and what you want is the game anyways. That said who cares what people do with their money, if they want to spend it on that stuff that's their problem. I don't see how this affects you OP, it's not like it's the first MMO to release an overpriced special edition *cough* WoW+Expacs *cough*.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

A 5:1 ratio is an understatement, considering that data only includes digital sales only. The Physical Imperial Edition was the best selling game on Amazon across all platforms (PC, XBox One, PS4) till it was sold out. It is sold out at other retailers too. It is probably closer to a 10:1 ratio at this point but will even out eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Access is not winning. It's not pay to win in the slightest.
    Yes it is. "win" does not mean beat bosses or such in an MMO, its access to content. In this case a race and crafting and such. Its pay to experience the entire game, so its pay to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes you want to puke that people are buying a collector's edition of a game?

Consult your general practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Yes it is. "win" does not mean beat bosses or such in an MMO, its access to content. In this case a race and crafting and such. Its pay to experience the entire game, so its pay to win.
    Just the race. Crafting, everyone can craft Imperial armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    IT really depends on the content being access more than the presence of this access. The crafting portion would be just a graphical option as hte gear would be identical in any gameplay function to any other crafted gear and the race options in the game have yet to be shown to have any real impact on the game overall than looking different and a minor xp boost in some skill that may or may not be useful.

I need to see some real advantage in gameplay that will really be a leg up over someone else before I call pay to win.... a spartan styled helmet in place of a viking horned helmet isn't winning when they are identical in their performance.

eidt: and the imperial edition doesn't just offer the imperial race as a playable race... it grants your account the ability to craft imperial loot as well regardless of your character's race. Racial equipment is restricted by race choice untill you can find the knowledge somewhere in the game. This leads me to think that unlocking racial options may be available at a later date somehow, but I don't know the full extent of exploration rewards.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2014-02-05 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really no different than spending money on a pepsi or a beer. Why are you bothered about what other people spend their money on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Like really? REALLY? Even standard edition is overpriced in my opinion considering it's mmo with monthly sub. This makes me wanna puke. Why do people support this shit? This is the exact reason why there are overpriced, sparklingly shining special bullshit editions of bad games coming out every month.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/03/th...line-retailer/

Have u played it yet? Caus i always learned u have to experience something first before u make topics about it.
    15 bucks a month for 100 hours of playing fun = cheap. U ever go to the cinema?

I bought the digital version with the 25% off coupon. It came out to the same price as most video games come out nowadays at $60.

Not a bad deal there and I don't feel bad about it either. So to each their own, OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Have u played it yet? Caus i always learned u have to experience something first before u make topics about it.
    15 bucks a month for 100 hours of playing fun = cheap. U ever go to the cinema?
    Yea 15/month isn't that much tbh, but I can see it being scary for some. I usually go with: if I get more than 1 hour of gameplay for 1 dollar/euro/whatever then it was a good buy.

15+ Year Old Account
    A game someone doesnt like is making money and OP is upset about it, I've never seen this thread before. Surprise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    But I can see it being scary for some.
    It kinda roots out kids, casuals and yoloswaggers. Another +.

10+ Year Old Account
    It comes with some pretty sweet stuff. I'm not even a big ES fan and I want it lol. I don't understand why you have a problem with how other's decide to spend their money. Being pissed off that a company is providing something pretty nice then charging extra for it is silly in my opinion. CE's have been out for ages, most well known franchises offer them for their games. So what?

Deleted
    When you think about it, there's nothing wrong with the Imperial pack. You aren't forced to buy it and if you have bought it, you obviously feel like it is worth paying for. If you feel like you've been forced to buy it, you're not very good with money my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Like really? REALLY? Even standard edition is overpriced in my opinion considering it's mmo with monthly sub. This makes me wanna puke. Why do people support this shit? This is the exact reason why there are overpriced, sparklingly shining special bullshit editions of bad games coming out every month.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/03/th...line-retailer/
    It's more likely because there's a handful of early adopters who are taking advantage of the fact that there's no limit per person on them, and they want to bank em and cash in down the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main beef I would have with the Imperial Edition is that they made one of the races a part of the package as well as having some iffy choice of words that if in worst case scenario I would despise if true. Other than that, I don't see the issue with the price itself.

Was not planning on buying the game, anyway, but I hope the people getting the game will not get screwed over like some MMOs have done in the past. I hope the game will be worth the extra money you pay for it.

I wound up buying the imperial edition, not really because of the imperial thing, or race unlocks, but because of dat horse.

Ever since I saw vanilla wow collector's pets I always consider buying the 'collector's' option for stuff like that. I got a turtle mount in rift for this reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wonder how many preorders there have been so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Soo many king od rape followers. But oh well.

Anyway, it's all because of the imperial race and few bonuses, zenimax must be hppy, their money milking has started insanelly well. People are seriously sheeps that will mindlessly follow. It's sad.

This kind of stuff really annoys me -- and it frightens me, too. Whenever a company etc put out all of this extra content (cosmetic or otherwise) that's exclusive to pre-orders or collectors editions, this says to me;

1) We lack so much confidence that this will do well, we're gonna try and rake in as much money as we can before launch;
    2) If we can generate more profit than we have forecast, then it's all good.

It's like SWTOR. Within the first month the game was released, EA had generated more profit than they wanted. After that? Pfft, they couldn't care less; they've already made what they wanted.

Same thing goes for Elder Scrolls. A full retail game with a subscription fee that is now trying to goad people into pre-orders and "Imperial Editions" by handing out in-game benefits and items. I mean, seriously? If I want to play as an Imperial I need to buy the Imperial Edition for £120 or your regional equivalent? And whose bright idea was it that, as a pre-order bonus, you can role any race under any faction? That defeats the WHOLE POINT of having factions to begin with. Can't wait to see a fucking Nord in my Aldmeri Dominion...

I have never wanted a game to fail so hard until now. And that upsets me because I had real high hopes for this game, but now they're butchering it with obligatory pay walls and other stupid benefits just to rake in the early money.