Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Barely 3 months to release, and ESO is still under NDA. Hahaha! Yeah, it's that bad. Trust me, it's really bad.

If you think Blizz microtransactions and businessmodel is bad, I need to warn you about ESO. They've locked an entire race to only those that buy Collectors Edition.
    Sadly I am expecting less of Wildstar ....
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    I'm really friggin' tired of this "Welcome to beta!" bait bullshit. Everywhere it says "redeem the code, download client and start playing!". Where as in fact it's only for a shitty beta weekend.
    I kinda expected this to begin with, but got my hopes up when there wasn't even a mention of it being weekend anywhere in the redeeming process.

Had my hopes up, downloaded the monsterous game with it's 50GB installed size, and got met with the beta weekend bullshit.

And to this, we of course have the issue with getting a special race for the collectors edition. I was planning on buying it to at least get lost in the leveling for a bit, but this will for sure be the first time I actually boycott a game.

ESO is pretty nice once you get some levels under your belt, it's really crappy just like wow the early levels tho - seems to be the general consensus anyway of those that tried it more than lvl 5. Except the nods to former games, exploration etc.

What sucks with ESO is Zenimax' and Bethesda's business practice. They are even worse than Blizz at draconean moneygrabs of late, and the beta structure is really tiresome as well - don't get me wrong, it's their game and they obviously have their way to test it, but there is no encouragement to do so with this structure. All this stuff just makes it so that to actually give this game a chance it'd have to be the best game in the universe to be worth the investment, and it doesn't sound like it.

I'm genuinely sad at seeing the potential squandered. I hope they can turn it around.

Am I the only one that is sad we probably won't get new armor models for the new sets?

Deleted
    Its feb 6th, why cant i pick up my beta key?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Its feb 6th, why cant i pick up my beta key?
    I believe Curse to be on EST timezone wich means it won't be another 5 hours and 39 mins before it opens for the non premium members.
    Don't hold me on it entirely though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Am I the only one that is sad we probably won't get new armor models for the new sets?
    I can't point to you the quote, but I'm pretty sure they said there were NOT going to be new models, just recolored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So many former beta members who where too lazy to get over the beginning bits to the real game.
    Makes me sad a great game like ESO is being attacked by lazy levellers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So in the ESO beta key give away they use an image of an elf that looks suspiciously like Legolas and a imposing guy in armour that look a heck of a lot like the Witch King.

Which MMO are they advertising again?

Thanks for the key brah

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    I'm really friggin' tired of this "Welcome to beta!" bait bullshit. Everywhere it says "redeem the code, download client and start playing!". Where as in fact it's only for a shitty beta weekend.
    Oh, that's disappointing. I made an account, entered my key, but now I don't think I'll even bother to download the huge client for just a weekend.

Its only for a weekend? That's lame. Considering it says its downloading 21,602.51 MB. That seems rather large...

Quote Originally Posted by MaccaBird View Post
    Its only for a weekend? That's lame. Considering it says its downloading 21,602.51 MB. That seems rather large...
    Yeah it's a real shame for people with caps. There is absolutely no reason to download a beta for just a weekend if you have a cap. Thankfully I don't, so I downloaded it overnight while I was sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    I kinda expected this to begin with, but got my hopes up when there wasn't even a mention of it being weekend anywhere in the redeeming process.

Had my hopes up, downloaded the monsterous game with it's 50GB installed size, and got met with the beta weekend bullshit.
    Actually if you want to blame someone blame curse.com for not stating it was for a weekend test only that's if they didn't because I know for a fact that if they (TESO) invite you themselves by email they clearly state that its for a WEEKEND test only. I've been invited twice now by email and it does say that.
    Last edited by jac9996; 2014-02-07 at 04:11 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been dying to test this game out!