Poll: Garrosh vs Dranosh

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    would be good if we got to see him again in wod, but somehow doubt it, he'd have to be.. a teenager around that time, a kid?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    Pardon me, but last time i checked mr Dranosh charged, like there is no tomorrow, Lich King and well, died with a single swing by Arthas hand, who didn't even rly pay attention while decimating him like a lil girl. so well, i don't suppose that such braindead orc could posses a threat to one hell of a cunning bastard like Garrosh.
    I was inclined to agree with Dranosh just due to him being a Saurfang... but... this has caused me to jump ship to Team Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    Pardon me, but last time i checked mr Dranosh charged, like there is no tomorrow, Lich King and well, died with a single swing by Arthas hand, who didn't even rly pay attention while decimating him like a lil girl. so well, i don't suppose that such braindead orc could posses a threat to one hell of a cunning bastard like Garrosh.
    Cunning? He started a war with everyone at the same time then hid in his basement with his toys. That's not cunning, that's retarded. His trick with luring a number of Alliance leaders to their deaths at Theramore was pretty good but most of the time he's a total meathead.

I actually don't hold Saurfang II's charge of Arthas against him. The Horde side lore characters know him only by reputation, it isn't like. Bolvar or Tirion or Varian who either knew him to some degree, trained with (or in similar fashion to) him. He might have genuinely thought the most there was to Arthas was undead minions and scary armor. Was it even common knowledge that the Lich King began as Nerzhul?

Also, charging or not charging is a moot point, since Arthas could not have been defeated there at the Wrathgate, hundreds of feet below the Frozen Throne.

Our combined hopes for a young Saurfang as Warchief would empower Dranosh to the level he would merely sneeze at Garrosh's general direction, obliterating everything and anything in its path.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Dranosh would win against garrosh because he is a good person, and good people always win in wow.

Unless they get unlucky and someone get critical hit against they plot armor. Then they are ded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Also, charging or not charging is a moot point, since Arthas could not have been defeated there at the Wrathgate, hundreds of feet below the Frozen Throne.
    I always thought that was a stupid part of the Lich King's story. "You have to kill him at the Frozen Throne" that is. If he's literally unkillable everywhere else why the hell does he ever spend any time at home? I know his plan was to lure us to him so he could kill and raise us gaining control over the strongest fighters on Azeroth but when he could have just straight-up killed Tirion at Light's Hope, Ashbringer/holy ground or no, it seems a little bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Dranosh would win against garrosh because he is a good person, and good people always win in wow.

Unless they get unlucky and someone get critical hit against they plot armor. Then they are ded.
    It's called a story. It happens in every other fictional series as well. Shocking, I know, god forbid the good guys win.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    I always thought that was a stupid part of the Lich King's story. "You have to kill him at the Frozen Throne" that is. If he's literally unkillable everywhere else why the hell does he ever spend any time at home? I know his plan was to lure us to him so he could kill and raise us gaining control over the strongest fighters on Azeroth but when he could have just straight-up killed Tirion at Light's Hope, Ashbringer/holy ground or no, it seems a little bit silly.
    Inb4 "Arthas was good all along and wanted us to kill him!1!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    It's called a story. It happens in every other fictional series as well. Shocking, I know, god forbid the good guys win.

Inb4 "Arthas was good all along and wanted us to kill him!1!!"
    Yup because its not like good guys ALWAYS win in wow, right ? Oh wait.

Cunning? He started a war with everyone at the same time then hid in his basement with his toys. That's not cunning, that's retarded. His trick with luring a number of Alliance leaders to their deaths at Theramore was pretty good but most of the time he's a total meathead.
    Everyone at the same time?

Garrosh attacked the Alliance in Cata and kept the remaining Horde forces under his rule until MoP, he knew he could stomp out Vol'jin if he wants to, without the Trolls it would have been very hard to stage a revolution because you got 0 allied forces in Durotar.

The fact that he could force the other Horde leaders, especially Vol'jin and Baine, into aiding his attack on Theramore proves that they could do shit vs Garrosh at this point.

He kept the Blood elves from joining the Alliance by creating political mess in Dalaran and waited to officially kick out any non orcish Horde people until he had his super weapon.

And then he went the usual "Stop him before he can unleash his super weapon"-way.

Garrosh is an ass, but even Vol'jin cuts him some credit in terms of military leadership.

Maybe it was more meant in a way that there needs to be a new Lk sitting on the Frozen throne rather soon with the Helm of damnation else this whole new coronation process might not work.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-02-06 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Dranosh! hellscreams can only do stuff when they're empowered by some evil shit. also dranosh was an honorable orc just like his father.. garrosh should have died at the wrath gate.. how awesome the story would have been if dranosh had become warchief of the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Nuditea View Post
    Grom beats Varok.
    Dranosh beats Garrosh.
    Grom beats Dranosh.

Hellscream's win.

GG
    Brox beats them all.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yup because its not like good guys ALWAYS win in wow, right ? Oh wait.
    Oh wait, you're right, they don't. Remember when Arthas and the Scourge brought Lordaeron crashing down? Remember when the Orcs destroyed Stormwind? Remember when Sargeras possessed Medivh right under his mother's nose? More recently (since you seem to be talking about just WoW), remember when the Twilight's Hammer destroyed those groups of Druids? Remember when Garrosh succeeded in bringing Y'shaarj back to a state of pseudo-living? Remember when the Zandalari succeeded in resurrecting Lei Shen, in spite of the adventurers' efforts to stop them? Remember when the Sha succeeded in taking down most of Pandaria, running rampant and even taking over some of the shrines of the most powerful beings on Pandaria?

You're right in that, ultimately, good always triumphs over evil in the end (but then, in what game or story doesn't it?). But you're forgetting, whether intentionally ignoring them or not, all the things that lead up to those final climactic battles.

Deleted
    Oh wait, you're right, they don't. Remember when Arthas and the Scourge brought Lordaeron crashing down? Remember when the Orcs destroyed Stormwind? Remember when Sargeras possessed Medivh right under his mother's nose? More recently (since you seem to be talking about just WoW), remember when the Twilight's Hammer destroyed those groups of Druids? Remember when Garrosh succeeded in bringing Y'shaarj back to a state of pseudo-living? Remember when the Zandalari succeeded in resurrecting Lei Shen, in spite of the adventurers' efforts to stop them? Remember when the Sha succeeded in taking down most of Pandaria, running rampant and even taking over some of the shrines of the most powerful beings on Pandaria?

You're right in that, ultimately, good always triumphs over evil in the end (but then, in what game or story doesn't it?). But you're forgetting, whether intentionally ignoring them or not, all the things that lead up to those final climactic battles.
    Don't forget how Deathwing broke the world in half. That's a thing we totally failed to stop happening.

Don't forget how Deathwing broke the world in half. That's a thing we totally failed to stop happening.
    And Yogg-Saron taking control of his jailers and breaking free.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I really am not sure Dranosh charging LK was all that dumb actually. Yea it didn't work, but hind-sight is 20-20. From what I recall from the cinimatic, him and Bolvar were ripping up wave after wave of undead, then Arthas comes out and starts talking smack. At that point it is kind of fight or flight time, and Saurfang tried exactly what Grom did to Manaroth, and Brox did to Sageras, and Garrosh did to a 17 year old priest kid... only it didn't work as well for Dranosh. I am not sure Dranosh was aware that what appeared to be just a corrupted human paladin was that tough.

BTW, how is what Dranosh did any different than what Tiron did in the end? In both cases it was a desperate attack with no other option, Tiron had a better weapon but Orcs have a pretty good track record with ordinary axes.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh i remember, lets see:
    Arthas scourge - pre wow
    Orcs vs stormwind - pre wow
    Medivh and sargeras pre wow
    Twillight hammer vs druids, holy crap you are right on this, so i give you your honor back. Granted it was more of cairne going full retard that made it succes, but its still succes, so you get than one.
    Garrosh succeded in bringing y'sharj back. They both took right into ass about 5 seconds later. This one is worth cloudy sticker at best, but you can forget about smiling sun one.
    Trolls and lei shen - they menaged to bring him back, but not without loosing huge force, against village without any real combatants. Now that's what i call failure, but then again they are trolls. Again cloudy sticker at best. As for lei shen he did... uh...well...ehm.... he had cool trailer that counts ? (he looked kinda constipated tho) So for not achieving anything he gets stormy sticker, but i guess he will like it.
    Sha achieved anything ? Never noticed. I mean, i guess making some pandas go emo or angsty counts for something. Let's call that "it was possible for you to do worse than that" kind of succes.

And yes climatic battles, you are right. Not sure wchich was better, deathwing turning into fairy dust (doesnt grant wishes i tried it) or arthas turning into floating punching bag. Both were kind climatic i guess.

But again, as long as at least one villain won't earn at least one smiling sun sticker for actually achieving something, i remain sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Garrosh. Why? Because in a special way (requiring no prior build up) Blizzard made Garrosh more calculating. Dranosh charged the Lich King ffs. Dranosh blind charges Garrosh and runs over a bomb. He might not be the better skilled of the two, but he's clearly the smarter orc. Garrosh may be a lot of nasty things but I'll give him credit for not being stupid (unlike everyone else fighting him).
    Well to be fair, Garrosh charged Cairne about 2 times in their duel and he almost died had Cairne not been nicked by Gorehowl. He had Cairne's Runespear embedded in his shoulder, and only when the runespear gouge his thigh did Garrosh quit the charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    To be fair, I don't think Garrosh (or.....really very many other NPCs at all) would've had better results 1v1 against the Lich King. The difference is that Garrosh knew better than to even try it. Result would've been the same if Garrosh had charged in.

Much as I hate to say it, in Dranosh vs Garrosh, I'd give the edge to Garrosh. He no longer has any sense or honor or fair play, which means he's not afraid to win by any means necessary. If Garrosh is at any kind of disadvantage, he'll either slink away and wait for another chance (read: every 1v1 he's ever had with Varian), or he'll have some kind of ambush waiting. He's willing to do the dishonorable/underhanded kind of stuff that Dranosh wouldn't do, and that gives him an edge. Things might've been different before Garrosh went full douchebag.

Now, if we were talking about a fair 1v1 with no dirty tricks, Dranosh would wipe the floor with that ass. But we all know a fair 1v1 with no dirty tricks is not gonna happen when Garrosh is involved. Also, this thread needs a poll.
    i would have made a poll but i guess the attachments were not available.

Dranosh hands down. he would have listened to his advisers too unlike meat head garrosh. then this stupid faction war would have never happened.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor