View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In before people start saying Blizzard is lying.
    Anyone who thought that wow would lose 2 million subs in one quarter is delusional.

TBH I'm shocked someone would really think subs would plummet this much after a patch.

Q1 2014 though, they'll lose that 200k if not more, just to gain quite a bit in Q2 when WoD comes out, then back to losing more in Q3/Q4.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol...everyone who has seen the up by 200k is going to come post here now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA my face when I see the front page and these masterminds prediction about wows subscription, ahhahaha

I'm usually the first to defend wow, but even I wouldn't have guessed at a rise in subs in the middle of a subpar raid tier with so little other content.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your face, muahahahaha GJ Blizz

Deleted
    I just, cannot. Stop. Laughing. Oh. God. Oh good Lord. Oh, my sides hurt.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    UP by 200k. Where is your god now, OP?
    Probably banned, along with the OP. It will be mildly amusing to see the spin the doomsayers will try to give it.

I still predict "SoO was fresh, carried subs. No new content in Q1, Q2 report will drop by ~2mil." type responses from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    TBH I'm shocked someone would really think subs would plummet this much after a patch.

Q1 2014 though, they'll lose that 200k if not more, just to gain quite a bit in Q2 when WoD comes out, then back to losing more in Q3/Q4.
    And so it begins..

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    In before people start saying Blizzard is lying.
    Anyone who thought that wow would lose 2 million subs in one quarter is delusional.
    Without a doubt. People will say I'm a "doomsayer", but I'm more or less tied to facts than stupid opinions with no ground or basis to stand on.

While no one expected a 200k jump upwards, it's a guarantee that subs will drop in this quarter, and drop even further in Q2 unless WoD drops then. Patches jump up a bit, expansions jump up a lot higher. Quarters without any content drop subs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Don't quit your day job jaylock. Ah, who are we kidding, we all know you don't have a day job.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-06 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    So many people in this thread just got bitchslapped by reality .

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    I'm usually the first to defend wow, but even I wouldn't have guessed at a rise in subs in the middle of a subpar raid tier with so little other content.
    Ungeared players like having Timeless Isle to easily get gear, and there WAS a raid tier. Whether it was subpar or not (I think it is) is opinion based, but that won't affect subs. Q1 2014 will lose that 200k, if not moreso.

Well... we just had 20 pages of pretty much nothing now

HAHAHA, jaylock (insert insults here the guy really is a ******) a million miles off, unlucky troll, oh also you're banned class guy i'm glad we have him around here really makes everyone else look like a genius.

btw guys...WoW is dying....HAHAHAHA.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-06 at 09:55 PM.

Why do people care so much about how many people are playing? Just don't play on a shitty dead server and you're fine.
    Hi Sephurik

Ungeared players like having Timeless Isle to easily get gear, and there WAS a raid tier. Whether it was subpar or not (I think it is) is opinion based, but that won't affect subs. Q1 2014 will lose that 200k, if not moreso.
    Honestly, you've nothing to back that claim. This earnings report is of the end of the quarter yes? If we didnt see a drop then, which is something we'd normally see, you can't really assume we'll see one later. Its baseless doomsaying at this point, because everything was pointing towards a drop that didn't happen.

I'm guessing they're planning on a PvP resurgence to help sustain the game through the next few months. It might actually happen, as the value of PvP gear will be the highest it's been in the expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Why do people care so much about how many people are playing? Just don't play on a shitty dead server and you're fine.
    7,8m people, 10m people, 4 m people have one thing in common. That's still a fuckload of people that (most) MMO's/other games can only dream off.

lol @ all the haters, get owned!