Think I ruined GW2 for myself

Casual player, very casual player. Hardly play, just logged back onto GW2 first time in months yesterday, received birthday email etc on my highest toon, a Thief level 53.
    Noticed I was still in my old guild, speaking to them but realised they were all in a weird location and then found out they had all moved server. Asked about that, they encouraged me to transfer to the new server with them and told me about price, I was not fond of that so they said only other way was to delete my character and do it that way.
    As I had received a free level 20 boost in the birthday email, and I have never truly liked thieves in GW2 they are too squishy for my kinda gameplay as I am a run in blazing 'rambo' person, I always thought a warrior would suit me better so I deleted my Thief and made the Warrior on new server, boosted it to 20.

Regret it already, It had taken me ages (A full year infact of on&off playing) to reach 53, and I had just deleted all that progress to start again on a fresh level 20. Bad idea! I have mailed the team asking could they possibly restore my account back so I get my Thief back but not getting my hopes up. Even asked them if possible could they maybe swap my 53 Thief for a 53 Warrior, but at least just try and get me back my 53 Thief if not.

Oooo heres hoping ey! :-(

- - - Updated - - -

*impatiently refreshing mailbox*

Not familiar with GW2 - So I am curious, why did you have to delete the Thief?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Can only have characters on one server.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    GW2 is a bit different than WoW in regards of playing on a different server. If you want to play on a different server (such as re-rolling a completely fresh toon in WoW) it's not possible unless you delete all of your characters on your original server first, OR pay to transfer... yep. :/
    Last edited by Libram; 2014-02-06 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks for filling me in. Just seems crazy to me..

Hopefully they are able/willing to do something for ya.

Deleted
    Could ask your friends to maybe hand out some gold so you can craft your way to the top. Chef and Artificing are fairly cheap and i think it's 7 levels per maxed profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Roll with your guild for a couple of nights and you'll get to 80 in an instant. We managed to get 2 of our members to 80 within a week. One was a completely new player and the other one had never made a character higher than level 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

MMO-Champion is not a blog or tumblr. Closing this thread.

Sorry about your loss, OP. However this is not really a discussion topic.