Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Actually, this is just a game and this "world boss" is just a little bit of gimmicky fun and certainly nothing to get upset about. The fact that so many people in this thread are acting as if this is some travesty of justice suggests that their real lives are empty. In pretty much every other MMO I've played, this sort of ruthlessly selfish behaviour is part of the nature of a competitive game. Boss stealing, using loopholes to deny loot to others, it's hardly controversial or even particularly immoral.

tldr; get a life.
    I'm sure I spotted the irony somewhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    In pretty much every other MMO I've played, this sort of ruthlessly selfish behaviour is part of the nature of a competitive game. Boss stealing, using loopholes to deny loot to others, it's hardly controversial or even particularly immoral.
    The whole point of My Little Panda Adventure Island is to provide non-competitive players with content. If you want competition there's always PvP. If killing the boss was intended as a competition only the first person/group to tag each mob would get to loot it. Blizzard explicitly stated that they wanted to bring a more-the-merrier feel back to the game, and that's why the island was created. Being a jerk isn't always immoral, but it's always rude. Adamantly defend your right to act like a dick all you want. Ultimately that attitude will come back to bite you in the ass when you least expect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    I find it very idiotic and something I personally would never do to a fellow player, alliance or horde. You can defend it any way you want, it doesn't change the fact that these particular griefers are a bunch of selfish assholes out there to ruin other people's fun. But they're probably bored out of their minds and it is them that should logoff and get a life.

Don't think I'd consider it griefing (to be fair, I couldn't care less about the mount) since you could theoretically join them up there where he spawns. If Blizzard has a problem with the behavior, they can always make the mob spawn at ground level instead of in some area not easily reached by people.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    If Blizzard has a problem with the behavior, they can always make the mob spawn at ground level instead of in some area not easily reached by people.
    They did so obviously they had a problem with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Its interesting you say that. Because me and a player were talking who was part of the huolon kill-up-there group. And he told me that the sole purpose was to kill huolon, however watching bads cry in general was one hell of a perk.

I knew some of you would take it also as an attempt to create mischief. Kudos to me
    Little late to quote this, but the bold is absolutely laughable. No-one goes out of their way and through the trouble to get up there just to kill the mob when you can do the same thing by sitting on the ground and just waiting for it to walk to you.

The only reason to do it is the latter, which is to cause mischief and aggravation. Funny what little kids get off to these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    What a toxic community...

I love all the people in here acting like the cool kids and saying this is okay.

Meanwhile, Blizzard is moving his spawn point. Good evidence that anyone doing this was negatively affecting the game for no particular reason.

Oh, and anyone who thinks this is okay or justified in any way, shape, or form has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. That is a fact, not an opinion.
    It's not for "no particular reason". It is for the express purpose of angering others. Which can be quite fun sometimes. Some people can be intelligent and cruel and some can be dumb as shit and cruel. Cruelty is not a reflection of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    It is dickish but it isn't against the rules.
    Cant stand ppl that just make comments without thinking, It is against the rules to grief.

People will cry about anything and everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    The whole point of My Little Panda Adventure Island is to provide non-competitive players with content.
    Bloody coins would like to have a word with you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Are you implying those those coins are something for competitive players? *chuckles*

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Don't think I'd consider it griefing (to be fair, I couldn't care less about the mount) since you could theoretically join them up there where he spawns. If Blizzard has a problem with the behavior, they can always make the mob spawn at ground level instead of in some area not easily reached by people.
    And that's exactly what they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck getting a bloody coin on a PvE server.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been fixed. He will now spawn on the ground.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Are you implying those those coins are something for competitive players? *chuckles*
    I think he is saying they are a blizzard sanctioned element that lets players grief others.

ROFL good one, almost spilled my coffee there. Bloody coins and competitive players.

It's super easy to trick people into hitting you.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    I think he is saying they are a blizzard sanctioned element that lets players grief others.
    PvP is not considered griefing, especially not on PvP servers. Most of the time PvP is an opt-in activity, although there are times when you are forcibly drawn into it by virtue of having a flagged player in your raid. Players on PvE servers can always wait out the flag before respawning and/or clear it by hopping aboard a taxi. Blizzard has gone pretty far out of its way to mitigate PvP griefers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    How do you earn Bloody coins? PvP. All PvP is competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

That is irrelevant to your point and my statement. The Timeless isle is just as much for competitive people as it is for those who don't like competing.

- - - Updated - - -

PvP is not considered griefing, especially not on PvP servers. Most of the time PvP is an opt-in activity, although there are times when you are forcibly drawn into it by virtue of having a flagged player in your raid. Players on PvE servers can always wait out the flag before respawning and/or clear it by hopping aboard a taxi. Blizzard has gone pretty far out of its way to mitigate PvP griefers.
    And apparently PvP is not a competitive thing. Funny how double standards exist to justify a point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What really is confusing is that it is often the same tiny group of players that does all sorts of crap like this. They seem to spend most of their game time figuring out how to make the game less fun for a majority of players. Why are they still around?

If it was my game and I found a handful of morons ruining all my hard work for no reason I would want to get them out as quickly as possible. Griefers, trade trolls etc just need to go. Why isn't Blizzard giving them a perma ban?

They are very few and chances are that once the banwave starts a lot of people are going to shape up real fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you earn Bloody coins? PvP. All PvP is competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

That is irrelevant to your point and my statement. The Timeless isle is just as much for competitive people as it is for those who don't like competing.
    ROFL. People in full PVP gear or raid gear going to the island and farming people who have just hit 90 and are looking to gear up and get out of their quest greens and blues. So competitive, LOL. Next you're going to tell me that it's competitive PVP to go farm low level players in starting zones.

cabyio is right. It's blizzard implemented griefing more than it is competitive pvp.