Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sylvanas = Kitty Pride...

So apparently Sylvanas can phase-shift herself into an incorporeal form a la Kitty Pryde or Matrix Twins...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Is Sylvanas immune to her plague? Does she possess the ability to turn into a banshee still?
    Lore-wise, Sylvanas has the ability to shift into corporeal and incoporeal forms (it' is kind of like the "Matrix Twins"). (Loreology)
    So she STILL has it? Wasn't retconned or lost?
    Yup! Last ruling I have is that she maintains the ability to switch in and out of coporeality. (Loreology)
    So for the record, she can't leave her body like a valkyr possession, but she can pass through things like Shadowcat (X-men)?
    All I have is that lore ruling, so I'm guessing it's a Kitty Pryde type deal. She's quite pleased to have her body back. (Loreology)

I know KrazyK is gonna love this development.

And yet she got shot in the face?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    And yet she got shot in the face?
    Back of the head, she literally didn't see it coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Finally, someone who used 'literally' right.

I never even knew she had that ability. Wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Cool, although I can think of a few points in the story thus far where actually doing that would have saved her a lot of trouble. I've been thinking about how her powers are super vague for a while now. What does she actually get from being the Banshee Queen? All we ever see her do is shoot arrows and occasionally use the banshee's wail or pump up her allies with a song. I've always thought she should have a few more tricks up her sleeve/clawed gauntlet than what we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    I guess that works.

When she phases do her clothes fall off?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

I never even knew she had that ability. Wtf.
    It's the reason you used to have to bring a druid with you when the alliance did an Undercity raid.
    If your raid didn't have a druid to cast fairie fire on Sylvanas she would phase shift and become untargetable for a while.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of...

Umm...

hmmm...

okay, how about this...

I find it inspiring how a racial leader who's failed so many, many times, so utterly and so completely, still finds the deep-seeded narcissism to get up in the morning and continue attempting to look like a competent individual.

There, that sounded cheery enough, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I guess that works.

I'd imagine anything on her person would also turn incorporeal until she shifts back into her normal physical form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    It's the reason you used to have to bring a druid with you when the alliance did an Undercity raid.
    If your raid didn't have a druid to cast fairie fire on Sylvanas she would phase shift and become untargetable for a while.
    Wasn't that just vanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    I'd imagine anything on her person would also turn incorporeal until she shifts back into her normal physical form.
    But why? They aren't part of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I wonder if she'll gain additional powers of the undead as she grows older and more powerful. Perhaps a Legacy of Kain-style undead evolution into more powerful forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kosak implies that Sylvanas can grow in power:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Silverpine indicated that Sylvanas' Val'kyr could only raise humans, but SoO she threatens to raise belves and others. Retcon?
    Was she teasing Lor'themar? Was it an idle threat? Does she really have that power?The game doesn't say! (DaveKosak)

In Silverpine Forest, we learn that Sylvanas can't raise undead from bodies of night-elves / gnomes / dwarves. Is this canonical?
    ...or Worgen! That's canonical at the time of Silverpine. But, Sylvanas could always grow in power down the line... (DaveKosak)

I guess that works.

They can in your fanfiction if you want them to, Wyrt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So apparently Sylvanas can phase-shift herself into an incorporeal form a la Kitty Pryde or Matrix Twins...
    What the f-

How come she never did it since... forever? Or are they just inventing excuses for more superpowers up the asses of racial leaders? Getting sick of this shit.
    I know KrazyK is gonna love this development.
    There will be blood

- - - Updated - - -

Kosak implies that Sylvanas can grow in power:
    That's an ominous sign. Growing in power while not being morally flawless could mean only one thing in WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    That's an ominous sign. Growing in power while not being morally flawless could mean only one thing in WoW...
    Panda death knights?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they've already stated they want to build her up for a reckoning sometime in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of baby Jesus... It's pretty damn obvious that Sylvanas is going to be a villain. The only problem is how many cool lore characters have to die in the process, and how much stuff they stomp over to try and write her into being angsty-undead-Garrosh-with-boobs.

Hate her. Hate her character. Hate her "powers." Hate her undeserved attitude. Hate the fact that she wont stay dead, and has no reason to in the future. Hate that the fangasms over her have trivialized so much of other race's lore. You know what? Making her a raid boss is more attention than she ever deserves. In my perfect world, Sylvannas doesn't die. (for the fourth damn time mind you.) No, she sits in Undercity and is forgotten. That's all she deserves going forward.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well, they've already stated they want to build her up for a reckoning sometime in the future.

Really dont like where this is going, looks like they stuffing her before sacrefice. Didnt they learn that alliance some players will never be happy and you can just stop trying to please them ?
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2014-02-08 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Really dont like where this is going, looks like they stuffing her before sacrefice. Didnt they learn that alliance some players will never be happy and you can just stop trying to please them ?
    Give Gilneas back to the Worgen, hillsbrad back into an actual contested state, and give them some in-game ALLIANCE story and I could care less if we never heard a peep out of Sylvanas again.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.