Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1. The visual clusterf*ck in the melee zone, Goodness gracious, at times you can't even see the damned boss not to mention that your character disappears in a mist of yellow, green, purple and what not colors. Wth were you good people at blizzard thinking when doing that design. Pretty in solo mode, useless in raid groups. At least give the option to turn it the hell off.
    2. Linear questing - Mindblowing boring to level more alts after the first time.
    3. CRZ - What an half arsed system, nothing good has came from it. If you want to merge server, just bloody do it.
    4. Not doing the item squish before MoP. Ending up with higher numbers than the core of wow was designed to handle making instances and raids laggy as f***.
    5. LFR/D - I must admit I loved the change in the begining, but it has pretty much killed off a good server community.
    6. Flying in Azeroth, this goes perticulary for PvP realms. World PvP *poooof* gone.
    7. For the love of god seperate PvP from PvE. I kind of understand why this haven't happen, cost, time and money.
    8. Stuns, CC everywhere. Why oh god why did you do that? Atm it looks like they're working on a way to reduce it.
    9. Don't ever do an asian theme again, it's pretty but it's not Warcraft.
    10. The revamp of the paladin class. Pre cata was the best state of the class imo, cata version of retribution was more clunky then a 1 stroke engine w/o any oil. MoP version was a bit better, but oh god damn so boring. Pretty much what you did was making it into a useless combat rogue without sap and stealth.

This one gets a little section of its own:

Dailies - Oh my flippin' god where do I begin. Too many, too little, mindnumbing boring and the reward for not killing yourself when doing it was well... shit.

MoP could have been a great addition to the World of Warcraft series, but it's pretty much falling short in every single place but one. Raids, haven't been in one raid in MoP that I didn't like, so it's not all bad :0) But the number 1. and 4. on my list makes it not the best content I've experienced.

Deleted
    1. LFR
    2. CRZ
    3. The mist of pandaria expansion and its theme in particular
    4. The amount of CC
    5. revamp of AV

Funny how LFR (and LFD) keeps jumping up on top 5 worst lists, couldn't agree more.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Funny how LFR (and LFD) keeps jumping up on top 5 worst lists, couldn't agree more.
    Please explain to me your alternative for LFD. Manual group formation/queuing doesn't cut it. Wrath had that before LFD was added, and tumbleweeds were blowing through those instances. Rift tried initially to go back to manual queuing for dungeons, and found it just doesn't work.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Don't understand why. If its because of queue times or dealing with douchbags or endless wipes, well I can understand why people would think it was a mistake. Personally I rarely have a bad experience with LFR/LFD.

But I laugh at people who think LFD/LFR mistake because it allowed players to see end-game content. Nothing hurts the epeen more then getting it clipped off. Finding people to do heroics was a pain in the ass. Server communities? There were assholes and trolls long before LFR and LFD so lets stop pretending everything was wine and roses before WotLK. The best players on a server PvP and PvE wise were also the biggest dicks on a server. Trash talking and poaching between guilds was pretty common. If you deny this taking place then you either never played during vanilla/bc/early wrath or you're just straight-up lying through your teeth to prove your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Vivendi never acquired Activision.
    Let's not escape into details. Vivendi acquired a 52% control on a merged entity formed from Activision and Blizzard. And Activision (which was previously independent) came under a certain control of Vivendi. For all intents and purposes, an independent entity came under a (partial) control of Vivendi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Twinking/Exploration/WPVP is gone, those communities didn't show up on any statistic so they had to go. Leveling from level 1 to max level isn't a journey as it used to be, it's been made a nuisance and we've been given every tool imaginable to make the process as quick, painless and forgettable as possible. Previous raid tiers have been made irrelevant by handing out superior gear,superior gear is literally just laying on the ground ripe for the picking.
    WPVP died in vanilla with BGs. I really would like to stop beating that dead horse. Twinking was a pain for non-twinks and had to be fixed.
    Also, regarding the raid tiers: you have 2 alternatives. Either the older tiers are still relevant (which means the gear difference is very small or zero) and the incentive to raid new content is diminished, or you have to do all the previous tiers for gear because it's necessary (BC-style), which opens up a Pandora's box of guild hopping and guild poaching, exactly like in BC.

Or you have a model where gear does not even matter (GW2), and that model should burn in a fire. It is OK for a B2P game, but non OK for a P2P game, where the treadmill (be it gear treadmill in WoW or skillpoint treadmill in EVE) has to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    It's so obvious what's going on. I don't understand why people don't protest against this sort of practise?!
    Because most people are irrational. They are put off by hard stuff, want easy content they can quickly complete, but when they arrive at the end, they grow bored and quit. You cannot find a rational solution to the problem in an MMO world. MOBAs and shooters are a different beast, which is why they grew so popular. MMOs are a dying breed, frankly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Please explain to me your alternative for LFD. Manual group formation/queuing doesn't cut it. Wrath had that before LFD was added, and tumbleweeds were blowing through those instances. Rift tried initially to go back to manual queuing for dungeons, and found it just doesn't work.
    Don't you know, these threads are full of VG experts which are more competent than WoW, Rift, TOR and GW2 developers put together. XDD
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    I think this is gonna come as a shock to you - But i find the game awesome overall. And i played since Vanilla.

Except for lack of Grimdark story in MoP. But that's all, really.

1. Offering a weapon heirloom as a reward for killing Garrosh on flex, normal or heroic mode of raiding. Heirlooms have never been restricted to a small group of raiders. They've always been purchasable. This sets a really bad precedent.

2. Creating connected realms without acknowledging that they create unequal treatment between subscribers based on how many realms their realm is connected to. Instead of a limit of 11 characters per realm, some subscribers have 22, 33, 44 or 50 connected characters that are treated exactly the same as the original pre-connected realm 11 characters were. Blizzard need to equalize this among all subscribers.

3. Cata heroics and early raids. Need I say more. Just terrible and drove the guild I was in to the ground.

4. Too much trash in LFR without the kinds of rewards that killing trash in flex, normal and heroic offer. The trash in LFR should be dramatically reduced.

5. Redoing level 1 - 60 in Cata and in so doing getting rid of some of the most fun NPC's and quests in the game; e.g. Stitches.
    Last edited by Stellan; 2014-02-10 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Don't understand why. If its because of queue times or dealing with douchbags or endless wipes, well I can understand why people would think it was a mistake. Personally I rarely have a bad experience with LFR/LFD.
    Really? I stopped running LFR a couple of months ago. I had planned on gearing up another alt, but with raiders skipping the content due to flex, LFR had become an abysmal experience due to people underperforming and the nonsensical wipes.

Now our guild just carries members who are gearing alts through flex, along with our usual nm/hm alt runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Everything after tier 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Everything after Sunwell, really.
    Even Ulduar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    1. Offering a weapon heirloom as a reward for killing Garrosh on flex, normal or heroic mode of raiding. Heirlooms have never been restricted to a small group of raiders. They've always been purchasable. This sets a really bad precedent.
    Wow, if this was the biggest problem the game has I'd be glad. You can purchase a Flex kill for 10k on my realm. So they're still purchasable XD. Even without that, its only level 90 - 100 and only a weapon. Not extra XP gain etc. Yes it will probably be better than green weapons and does have a weapon enchant, but its not a huge deal.

Alright, let's see if I can think of something productive, in case Blizzard employees actually read this thread, and somehow got to page 37. My personal five worst annoyances in the Warcraft universe, in no particular order:

1. The Stormrage book.
    2. Removal of the Have Group, Will Travel summoning perk.
    3. No flying in TBC starting zones.
    4. Wrath/Cataclysm phasing. They can do it better now, but there's a ton of areas where you can't see each other.
    5. Too many dailies for uninteresting factions at the start of MoP. Later patch daily factions were great though, and not overwhelming/boring.

Bonus. The incredibly low drop-rate of the Love Rocket mount.

Unfortunately I love a lot of other things mentioned in this thread..
    Last edited by Caerule; 2014-02-10 at 03:11 AM.

In my eyes these are the biggest blunders they've made :

From a PvE perspective :

1. Removal of 40 man raids.
    2. Reset of raid difficulties at start of every expansion. (Dont really need anymore silly easy raids.)
    3. Removal of attunement quests.
    4. Removal of tier dependant raids. (ie having to farm previos tier to progress in next)
    5. Adding catch-up mechanics.

- So many people only log on to raid a few hours a week, and then rapidly get tired of only raiding the same content all the time.
    - Really need way more timesinks to make people feel the need to invest time to make the raid communities a better place.

PvP :

1. Nerfing pvp gear (item levels) due to whine from pve players.
    2. Neglecting pvp players - they never get new rewards beside the pvpgear (more pets/mounts/toys would be nice).
    3. Adding Resilience to pvp gear. -being able to raid with pvp gear was nice at that point.
    4. Removing all rewards from 2v2 arenas. -It did not have to be 100% balanced to give some rewards. the rock/scissor/paper meta game was fun in its own way.
    5. Adding Base char resilience. -lets make the honor gear subpar to pve gear even in bgs..

1. The Legendary quest line did not feel legendary. There are far more legendary quests provided elsewhere in the game, so this one felt particularly bland to me.

2. Making questing too easy/linear.
    I think this was part of adapting to the rise of Wowhead, QuestHelper, etc, but I feel like it took a lot out of the game. Quests used to be a lot more scattered, varied, and long. Sometimes it was frustrating (quests that would make you travel 5 different zones doing 20 quests and end up awarding a green plate helm that you can't wear). I'm not sure what the solution is, but I'm not a huge fan of the way it is working now.

3. LFR removing a sense of progression. While I like LFR in most cases and find it very helpful to allow me to keep playing with my schedule, I think it removes a lot of the storyline and sense of purpose that drove earlier expansions. I think now is the time to bring attunements back. There are some great new technologies with scenarios, phasing, etc which can make attunements fantastic. They should be compulsory for the first character - and then optional (but offer great rewards) for later characters, and skippable through RAF.

4. Generally letting people get so much gear/mounts/everything. Again I'm not sure what the solution is, but I just know that in Vanilla you were fairly well in awe when you saw someone blitz past you on an epic mount wearing flaming shoulderpads.

5. Making content too easy. The funnest times I had in game were heroic dungeons in BC and hard modes in WotLK. No 5-man dungen in 3 expansions has come close to Heroic Shadow Labs or Arcatraz. (I was a pally tank so I loved Shattered Halls )

I'm just going to say that I think one of the BEST things they did was changing the talent trees to their current form. Playing a Shaman and a Paladin, it was disconcerting how much the talent trees had to change to make sure that eg Restoration didn't spec in to Enhancement to dual-wield healing weapons, or the ridiculous change in play style that could come from getting that 5th point in X talent when the first 4 points didn't do anything.

5 Bad Decisions
    1) Inclusion of the Forsaken into the Horde. (Would have liked to see an Undead or Fel faction)
    2) Scourge is not a playable faction and No Deathknights do not count.
    3) The introduction of Old Gods into EVERY decision every made by EVERY character in ancient Wow lore.
    4) Adding too much weightlessness to Vash'ir. (Great zone conceptually visually and lore wise; players only complaint was swimming)
    5) Spent WAAAY too much time on making Deathwing's encounter look cool and used recolored Vexas models for the Old God Bosses. Those bosses had no personality or story behind them at all which made them extremely boring to fight.

5 good Decisions
    1) Introduction of dungeon Finder
    2) Raidfinder (Yeah I said it)
    3) Challenge Mode
    4) SoO use of well known characters from our previous adventures as bosses and allies, Gamon, Nazgrim and Malkrok etc
    5) Not so much as a good decision yet but a fervent hope that Realm merging will revive the use of my 5 alts stranded on a dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    5. Too many dailies for uninteresting factions at the start of MoP. Later patch daily factions were great though, and not overwhelming/boring.
    I thought Golden Lotus dragged on way too much and had too many dailies for too little rep gain, and to top it off it locked off AC and S-P rep at first. But the other factions were fine... you know I think if they'd toned Golden Lotus down there would've been far fewer complaints about dailies. AC and Shado-Pan were pretty quick and straightforward (except for the ridiculous amount of Mantid packs chain pulling on the S-P island! Good lord).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

WoW has made many mistakes over the years, but has corrected them as well. But IMO the biggest mistakes that are still prevalent are:
    1. Flying mounts. It has killed much of the mystique and secrecy of the areas. It has trivialized leveling.
    2. Taking out old content (priest benediction quest, theramore tabard)
    3. Crafting never becoming a good alternative to raid gear
    4. No focus on big group PVP and open world PVP at all.
    5. No focus on capital cities other than Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

1. Hired Greg Street
    2. Cataclysm
    3. Arena
    4. Dungon Finer
    5. LFR

Crossrealm Zones are up there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I thought Golden Lotus dragged on way too much and had too many dailies for too little rep gain, and to top it off it locked off AC and S-P rep at first. But the other factions were fine... you know I think if they'd toned Golden Lotus down there would've been far fewer complaints about dailies. AC and Shado-Pan were pretty quick and straightforward (except for the ridiculous amount of Mantid packs chain pulling on the S-P island! Good lord).
    Yeah, having played the MOP Beta, I knew that Lotus dailies would be completely craptastic from the start on. Was hoping it would get fixed before live but it wasn't -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    1. Flying mounts. It has killed much of the mystique and secrecy of the areas. It has trivialized leveling.
    How did flying mounts trivialized leveling if you can't use them while leveling from 1 to 60 and from 85 to 90?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yeah, having played the MOP Beta, I knew that Lotus dailies would be completely craptastic from the start on. Was hoping it would get fixed before live but it wasn't -_-

- - - Updated - - -

How did flying mounts trivialized leveling if you can't use them while leveling from 1 to 60 and from 85 to 90?
    For leveling alts in outland it kinda did trivialise it (glad it did as I hate outlands). Have they changed it for northrend? I thought it was still 77?