Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this looks quite dissapointing, it's like old buildings recycled

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how these look, such a huge jump from even MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you read the thing, it says that the profession buildings will be inspired by the various races.
    I don't care, I play a blood elf so I want a blood elvish fortress. flop feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you read the thing, it says that the profession buildings will be inspired by the various races.
    No they said the NPC inside the profession building you talk to will be different not inspired by it. Oh hey its a dwarf in a blacksmith dats cool or a draenai playing with gems how nice. No mention of race buildings or special features outside of that.

We also thought it would be fun to throw in small hints of different races that might be associated with certain professions, such as draenei for Jewelcrafting or dwarves for Blacksmithing, to tie in the many races that give the World of Warcraft its depth and history.“

So basically if you have an enchanting profession building you might see a blood elf if you are horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Pretty art but wildstar wins the feature award
    ah yes.. wildstar, the game that doesn´t have a release date and is still under complete NDA. Obviously that game is much much better because it is all in your imagination.

I remember when people were saying the combat system in AOC would kill WOW.. or Warhammer, or Star Wars.. blah blah ... people are silly to get excited about a game that isn´t going to be released for at least 6 months and has a complete NDA in place so that nobody can even talk about anything in the game. The reason it is ´perfect´ is because it is all ideas and things in your head... just like AOC, Warhammer, SW and all the other failed games were great... right up until they launched.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me if other players will be able to see your Garrison from the outside or will it just be a phased area?

Pretty art but wildstar wins the feature award
    What does the Wildstar housing do? I'm seriously asking, I don't know a thing about that game.

On topic. The art is solid but it's hard to get excited since we still have only the same vague descriptions of what Garrisons actually provide. I appreciate the angle of "Gameplay first" but that's a tough sell when they have yet to talk about garrison gameplay beyond what little information we got at Blizzcon.

And I also have to say that I don't see my character hanging around in a Mage Tower or most of these buildings. Since this expansion is something of a throwback I can understand the Orcs and Humans feel of the buildings. I do wish there was a bit more visual variety though. Especially since some of the races have some really cool architecture concepts that I'd love to see updated to the degree that the human buildings have been for this.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    They will be if they are in your group I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    ah yes.. wildstar, the game that doesn´t have a release date and is still under complete NDA. Obviously that game is much much better because it is all in your imagination.

I remember when people were saying the combat system in AOC would kill WOW.. or Warhammer, or Star Wars.. blah blah ... people are silly to get excited about a game that isn´t going to be released for at least 6 months and has a complete NDA in place so that nobody can even talk about anything in the game. The reason it is ´perfect´ is because it is all ideas and things in your head... just like AOC, Warhammer, SW and all the other failed games were great... right up until they launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    Can someone tell me if other players will be able to see your Garrison from the outside or will it just be a phased area?
    Phased. But I think you may be able to invite party member in?

The level of details looks better than just about anything else in WoW, which is good. But the decision to just do humans and orcs (fucking shocker, I know) really makes this ring hollow for me.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh...it looks... very boring and minimal to me. Needs an extremely high amount of customization to be fun.

We also thought it would be fun to throw in small hints
    Those hints can be some of the other races' stuff, as in decoration and not just NPCs. I don't think it'll be major or many hints, and that's boring. But I'm surprised at how good those buildings look!

Deleted
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ary/garr16.jpg

I'm really curious as to what that building with the straw roof is behind this one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeveren View Post
    this looks quite dissapointing, it's like old buildings recycled
    In before: The same people previously complaining about too much ressources taken by garrisons, now complaining about the "rehashed" buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

wat did u say again Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I'm not going to lie here, I'm kind of disappointed.
    From what, lol? If you are just disappointed for no apparent reason, this forum isn't the place. And if you say that the buildings textures quality and details aren't good.... then you'd actually be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    In before: The same people previously complaining about too much ressources taken by garrisons, now complaining about the "rehashed" buildings.
    Yes because we're a hive mind and all want the same things. Of course it's the same people.

the art looks good, but thats about it. I wont complain to much because i think the features will drasticly outweight the look of things. soon people just wont care, but it would be nice to be change to look of things alot more, who knows maybe we can in the future. I will say this..."giving me pride to be alliance" isnt something i want...i mean really....our king is a war criminal....if i would go neutral i would.....but im forced to be "good or evil".....new faction please

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I dont know what i was expecting really but I feel underwhelmed by this post.
    I feel like DaVinci just told me he was going to invent something for me and went on an on about how he promises it will LOOK nice. I almost want to say "I already have faith in your artistry, I want to know what the thing DOES!"

Alliance buildings look really good. I can tell that there have been improvements in detail/textures and they look really solid. My only gripe is I want a castle look, but I'm horde, so I'm stuck with savage/village look, blugh. That horde preview doesn't get me excited at all