Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflop View Post
    Rightly so. The fact it took them as long as it did to 'stop' the exploiting among many of the top guilds is embarrassing.

I'd just save SS for jumping over a beam to make it even more of a mindless task. It's kind of funny that you can jump over one and cloak the remaining two to make the line dance trivial altogether.
    I don't think it is exploiting whatsoever at this point. They could have fixed those other methods, but they chose not to. Its not like blizzard didn't know about any other way to do it besides a lone rogue talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I don't think it is exploiting whatsoever at this point. They could have fixed those other methods, but they chose not to. Its not like blizzard didn't know about any other way to do it besides a lone rogue talent.
    Right? The only difference I can think of is that rogues (sub, specifically) were more effective at it than hunters due to the CDR trinket, to an extent that it was trivializing the belt portion of the encounter (or made it "enough" easier that Blizzard felt it was broken). Having a "team" that could take down the belts consistently without many/anyone else running over would be a huge help. That doesn't really answer why they didn't change the mechanics that still DO let people hop on the belt in the same wave, but, uh, I guess that's really up to them.

If they're going to fix what makes it too easy, they could also fix pet and guardian pathing and targeting for the same mechanic (siegecrafter belt), but I guess that's too much to ask sometimes.

Deleted
    It's really controversial to bring up at all but it's too late now mwaha /opencanofworms

Imo any way that you can go up multiple times in a row is an exploit somewhat - If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a debuff preventing it in the first place. It's such a huge advantage on bleeding edge progression, but not such a big deal now. @Sesshou I was talking about all the ways you could get up twice too, not just with CnD. It's also not like they didn't know from day 2 of heroic progression either... Of course they were watching BL who obviously used it, and maybe even Envy who weren't that far behind, yet they didn't decide to stop it until a few weeks after. Quite an extreme case of an indecisive stance, yet one that cost some guilds that did it 'legit' a fair bit in the race.
    Last edited by mmoc577502f578; 2014-02-09 at 09:31 AM.

It is simple.
    There is a Line of Sight wall on the edge of the belt.
    So you can use ability like disengage or druid TP (I don't know what it is exactly but moonkin can do every belt). So the warlock jump from demonology will work as well.

If your ability needs to target something on the belt, you can't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflop View Post
    Imo any way that you can go up multiple times in a row is an exploit somewhat - If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a debuff preventing it in the first place. It's such a huge advantage on bleeding edge progression, but not such a big deal now. @Sesshou I was talking about all the ways you could get up twice too, not just with CnD. It's also not like they didn't know from day 2 of heroic progression either... Of course they were watching BL who obviously used it, and maybe even Envy who weren't that far behind, yet they didn't decide to stop it until a few weeks after. Quite an extreme case of an indecisive stance, yet one that cost some guilds that did it 'legit' a fair bit in the race.
    That is my point. They had to know about the other ways, but they didn't fix all of them so they clearly don't consider the rest to be a problem. I don't consider anything an exploit that has blizzard's implicit approval. I'm going to put hunter's disengage and such over in the creative use of game mechanics like the trick on Ra-den to avoid an entire phase and not the exploit pile like using eng bombs on lich king. Imo the main difference between "exploit" and "creative use of game mechanics" is how blizzard responds. If they know, don't care, and don't do anything to try to change it, I'd say its pretty clearly under "creative use of game mechanics."

I know that you cant do it when the Hunter is already on the belt, but.....

Has anyone tried it when the hunter is halfway in the air while he disengages ? o.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    I know that you cant do it when the Hunter is already on the belt, but.....

Has anyone tried it when the hunter is halfway in the air while he disengages ? o.o
    They broke SSing to airborne targets a while back - it just puts you on the ground below them

Even then, I'm pretty sure Shadowstep didn't give forward momentum so you'd just fall to your death.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Even then, I'm pretty sure Shadowstep didn't give forward momentum so you'd just fall to your death.
    Would work with glider (Iron Qon-esque), but yeah pretty much