Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Glad people in PVE servers will have one less thing to worry about around griefers.

However there is still going to be griefing in PVE servers, mostly in Timeless Isle (e.g. pulling adds while doing Ordos), but it's inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Smart heals do flag you if you are in a raid group, for example for world bosses - at least for my monk. Even if you say "then don't invite PVP flag people" would not work, because they can flag themselves during the battle.
    Then there may be PVP flagged people near a NPC which you want to click, and he moves and you accidentely click on him. Or they even force it by standing in your mob while fighting hoping you will accidently click on them.
    For sure there are other ways to flag you although you did not intend to, and a switch that will remove that is a good thing.
    Can you provide me with an example of when somebody would find themselves in that situation?
    1) You're in a raid group with somebody, so you're not questing / doing dailys.
    2) You're put into a situation (outside of a raid/instance/BG) where you have to be spamming heals on somebody.
    3) If you're killing a world boss, then PVP should be expected. World Bosses drop PVP gear and require you to compete with Horde to get a kill. If you don't want to PVP, then don't participate in events that may require / risk PVP combat.
    4) It's unlikely you're killing a rare spawn, but again you're out in the world and it SHOULD be dangerous. Both Horde and Alliance can happen upon this enemy, so it makes sense that you might encounter an enemy player also seeking to kill that rare spawn.

I've never understood why people complain so much about PVP in a game where the lore is almost completely centered around Faction vs Faction. Don't play the game if you're not willing to deal with ALL aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Can you provide me with an example of when somebody would find themselves in that situation?
    1) You're in a raid group with somebody, so you're not questing / doing dailys.
    2) You're put into a situation (outside of a raid/instance/BG) where you have to be spamming heals on somebody.
    3) If you're killing a world boss, then PVP should be expected. World Bosses drop PVP gear and require you to compete with Horde to get a kill. If you don't want to PVP, then don't participate in events that may require / risk PVP combat.
    4) It's unlikely you're killing a rare spawn, but again you're out in the world and it SHOULD be dangerous. Both Horde and Alliance can happen upon this enemy, so it makes sense that you might encounter an enemy player also seeking to kill that rare spawn.

I've never understood why people complain so much about PVP in a game where the lore is almost completely centered around Faction vs Faction. Don't play the game if you're not willing to deal with ALL aspects of the game.
    While I can agree, smart heals shouldn't accidentally flag you. You have very little control over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Glad people in PVE servers will have one less thing to worry about around griefers.

However there is still going to be griefing in PVE servers, mostly in Timeless Isle (e.g. pulling adds while doing Ordos), but it's inevitable.
    There will always be some bored youngster who just wants a shits n giggles kind of moment. There is no eliminating these types of actions altogether. This trigger will be in place simply to FULLY control your PvP experience on a PvE-centric realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Please don't be dishonest. For one, you don't speak for everyone, secondly, I clearly wrote "as a few here have screamed over and over."
    The "we" he mentions is people like us. Had he said "Everyone goes to a PvE server to get away from...." then I could see your point. At this point you are more or less just being obnoxious.

Unless some specific abilities haven't been fixed, you CANNOT get flagged for PvP without targetting the flagged player. Possible that stuff like Sweeping Strikes and Blade Flurry might tag you, but all AoE should be unable to tag you since it doesn't damage the enemy player.

Simply, unless some abilties aren't fixed, stop targetting enemy players and damage them or stop healing flagged friendlies. It really isn't that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Unless some specific abilities haven't been fixed, you CANNOT get flagged for PvP without targetting the flagged player. Possible that stuff like Sweeping Strikes and Blade Flurry might tag you, but all AoE should be unable to tag you since it doesn't damage the enemy player.

Simply, unless some abilties aren't fixed, stop targetting enemy players and damage them or stop healing flagged friendlies. It really isn't that hard.

Been mention many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times in this thread. Smart heals will target a flagged ally. Healing a flagged ally will flag you.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Thank god. Being able to die, and having to actually run back, was utterly draconian.

They should just remove death altogether, this isn't 2004 anymore.
    Yeah really they should honestl remove hitpoints too just make everything 1shot including heroic raid bosses. Also everything should be 100% drop and quests should auto accept and then immediatly auto complete all the way to max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Yeah really they should honestl remove hitpoints too just make everything 1shot including heroic raid bosses. Also everything should be 100% drop and quests should auto accept and then immediatly auto complete all the way to max level.

Not sure what your hyperbole has to do with the point being discussed in this thread.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I am happy with it. No more PvP unless I choose to = very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Not sure what your hyperbole has to do with the point being discussed in this thread.
    Maybe you should read the quote, being brain dead isen't a good quality .

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure it was hyperbole as much as it was making fun of someone else who was mocking the OP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    I am happy with it. No more PvP unless I choose to = very happy.
    I am in 100% agreement with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should read the quote, being brain dead isen't a good quality .

If you are going to insult someone by saying they are brain dead. You should at least check your spelling.

I did read his post. Still don't see what your post was trying to accomplish. Hyperbole doesn't help anyone.

If you are going to insult someone by saying they are brain dead. You should at least check your spelling.

I did read his post. Still don't see what your post was trying to accomplish. Hyperbole doesn't help anyone.
    Sorry monkey no one can help you now.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-02-12 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing this game since 2007 on only PVE servers and have never gotten tricked into flagging up. Not sure I see the issue. It's pretty hard these days to grief flag people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry monkey no one can help you now.
    Can we keep it civil please and stay on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    I've been playing this game since 2007 on only PVE servers and have never gotten tricked into flagging up. Not sure I see the issue. It's pretty hard these days to grief flag people.
    It is indeed, the only thing that should be changed would be smart heals as you can't actually control that. Everything else is just bads complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    On argent dawn we have an average of 5 horde inside goldshire inn at anyone time and the only way to kill them is making them accidentally activate pvp..i don't want horde in ma inn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Can we keep it civil please and stay on topic?

Don't worry about it. I just reported him and won't bother to reply anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    On argent dawn we have an average of 5 horde inside goldshire inn at anyone time and the only way to kill them is making them accidentally activate pvp..i don't want horde in ma inn

Sounds like you should be on a pvp server.

Sounds like you should be on a pvp server.
    If you don't think guards should kill other faction playrs in towns/citys, then previous statements are more correct then I previously thought. The differece between PvP and PvE server should only be the perma flag. If you target someone and attack them you should be flagged there's no need for a system other then that. If you don't want to PvP then don't attack people in the first place.
    Last edited by re1gn1te; 2014-02-12 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on a normal realm but I do greatly enjoy world pvp when parties are participating voluntarily. I definitely think world pvp has it's place even outside of pvp realms, but I fully support making it impossible for people to accidentally flag themselves, so the people who want to play can without involving the people who don't.

Both for their sake and mine, as a person who is often flagged.

People tend to see anyone who is flagged out in the world as maliciously trying to get them to flag and while those people definitely exist, that's honestly not everyone's intentions. As someone working on Bloody Coins on the Timeless Isle (although this has been the case plenty of times out in the world when I am flagged for some reason or another), people occasionally flag themselves by accidentally attacking me. I try very hard to prevent this out of respect for the people who opt out since it is a pve realm; I definitely don't stand on other players while they're fighting and even go so far as to make sure I loot rares last so no one risks misclicks me instead of the sparkly mob, but I still occasionally get people who yell at me because they accidentally tabbed onto me from afar (I did have one guy appologise for attacking me once, which was nice - no worries, homieslice, all in the game). I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, but I don't particularly want mine ruined either.

Anyway TL;DR nice change, hope it makes everyone happy whenever it happens.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-02-12 at 07:06 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |