Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    I'm an American and when I see an Iranian I kill them.....

Oh wait, no I don't. That isn't how it works.
    Of course not. We are not at war with the country of Iran.

Then there is also a very huge difference in the real world civilization and the sort of Stone age that Azeroth is.

If said lowbie is in Horde territory, or in Elwynn, I just like to remind them that the world isn't safe. I never camp, unless it's someone my level. Camping lowbies is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Of course not. We are not at war with the country of Iran.

Then there is also a very huge difference in the real world civilization and the sort of Stone age that Azeroth is.
    The Horde and Alliance aren't at war either, and haven't been for the entirety of WoW. MoP is the closest we came, but instead of doing that Blizzard made the Horde the Alliance went to war with NPC only and all of the Horde players were, without choice, put into the rebel group which was not at war with the Alliance.

If you want to go back to Medieval stuff, an Englishman didn't simply kill a Frenchman for being a Frenchman during the Hundred Years War either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Let me counter question.

what is the charm of flying circles around shrine until a raid forms?
    Lvl 10s can't fly circles around the shrine. Not sure how you thought that question was relevant... or clever.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revenge is a bitch. Only do it because when i was a lowbie i was constantly ganked. I chose to be on a PvP server but when i was killed several times in a row by one person, it'd piss me off a little bit. However, i had no problem with be killed hence why i chose a PvP server. I just give them a taste of what happened to me at a lower level. Boy oh boy, payback is always great!

Deleted
    I, for example, feel the urge to help lowbies, especially from the opposite faction. For example, I spotted a Warscout and there was a random lvl 87 horde (I'm ally) nearby. I /waved and /pointed at Warscout and made couple of other gestures until he understood that he needed to tag the mob and I finished it off for him. I always help lowbies with rares if i see they are in trouble. Guess I hope that encourages them to be kind aswell, although that hope lays on a thin ice ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Revenge is a bitch. Only do it because when i was a lowbie i was constantly ganked. I chose to be on a PvP server but when i was killed several times in a row by one person, it'd piss me off a little bit. However, i had no problem with be killed hence why i chose a PvP server. I just give them a taste of what happened to me at a lower level. Boy oh boy, payback is always great!
    It's only payback if you do it to the same person. If it is someone new, it is nothing more than perpetuating the cycle of abuse and calling it revenge. Then again, you rolled on a PvP server, so my words will likely fall on deaf ears.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    It's only payback if you do it to the same person. If it is someone new, it is nothing more than perpetuating the cycle of abuse and calling it revenge. Then again, you rolled on a PvP server, so my words will likely fall on deaf ears.
    You could also say that and i understand your reasoning. I mean it's just payback in a way to the opposing faction that ganked me. That sounds much better. I got tired of being ganked by horde so once i hit 90 and got pretty damn geared i was like lets take a stroll down memory lane. Started ganking left and right. I mean it is called World of WARcraft for a reason xD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel View Post
    I, for example, feel the urge to help lowbies, especially from the opposite faction. For example, I spotted a Warscout and there was a random lvl 87 horde (I'm ally) nearby. I /waved and /pointed at Warscout and made couple of other gestures until he understood that he needed to tag the mob and I finished it off for him. I always help lowbies with rares if i see they are in trouble. Guess I hope that encourages them to be kind aswell, although that hope lays on a thin ice ^^
    ^^ This. I've done similar 'good deeds' for opposing faction before, it feels a LOT better than ganking someone just because you can.

Because they are there - and I can. =) I don't go out of my way to gank people. But if I'm flying around valley mining and I see an alliance. He's going to die. Level 85 or lv 90. ^_^b

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    Prey on the weak is literally my answer.
    Nothing weaker than being hunched over in a computer chair all day growing blood clots in your legs.

Field Marshal Romantic Novelist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to cc lowbies and unequip my weapons and beat them to death with my fists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Nothing weaker than being hunched over in a computer chair all day growing blood clots in your legs.
    My lymphedema prevents me from getting proper exercise so please try to be more considerate.

Players seem to love anything cheesy. Shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

There were 2 rogues going around T.I ganking yesterday. That can ONLY come about from a power trip brought by insecurity. It's not PvP, it's just assholes griefing. Gankers, like trolls, lose the minute they start doing what they do. I never bother to even fight back. I lose 5 seconds of playtime in the form of running back, they lose integrity. Fine with me. Unfortunately most of their 'LOL U MAD BRO, BUTTHURT BRO?' attitudes keep them from realizing how pathetic they are.

These kinds of threads are part of the charm.

Deleted
    The joy or ruining somebody else's fun. Lowbie ganking has nothing to do with getting high levels to come back... it is done to frustrate someone else. It is satisfying to think that I caused somebody to swear at their monitor or just deflate someones fun for a minute or two whilst they run back to their corpse not knowing if they are going to get ganked again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by What-ho Squiffy View Post
    The joy or ruining somebody else's fun. Lowbie ganking has nothing to do with getting high levels to come back... it is done to frustrate someone else. It is satisfying to think that I caused somebody to swear at their monitor or just deflate someones fun for a minute or two whilst they run back to their corpse not knowing if they are going to get ganked again.
    That's why I never understood why Blizzard kept the wpvp in the game, I don't see how it would add value overall. Some sociopath has fun and someone gets frustrated, ???, profit.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    That's why I never understood why Blizzard kept the wpvp in the game, I don't see how it would add value overall. Some sociopath has fun and someone gets frustrated, ???, profit.
    Blizzard kept world pvp in the game because some people enjoy it.

If you don't go and play on a PvE realm, the fact that there's tons of locked/full PvP realms means that many people do enjoy it and that's why they keep it.

Also I don't see how a ganker is likely to be a sociopath

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is something i have been asking myself when i see max lvl players basicly camping players that 40-50 lvl below them, and i grind my teeth everytime it happens. its so unfair when you get ganked by 90 and you have no way in fighting back. this is one of the main reason why i changed to a pve when i lvled. they are doing it just to be doucebags and piss people off, there is no other reasons.