PoM tracking question

Is it possible through tell me when or some sort of add on out there to track PoM going through the raid and the only light up when all the charges have gone out?

I raid in a 25m guild and find myself losing sight of the buff as it bounces around my raid frames so any external way to track it would be very helpful if anyone knows a good way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Is it possible through tell me when or some sort of add on out there to track PoM going through the raid and the only light up when all the charges have gone out?

I raid in a 25m guild and find myself losing sight of the buff as it bounces around my raid frames so any external way to track it would be very helpful if anyone knows a good way to do that.
    Weak Auras can do this, I can link my import string later when I get home from work if you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Weak Auras can do this, I can link my import string later when I get home from work if you like?
    Never used weak auras before only tell me when but if that's the only thing that can do that I'll prolly pick it up for that.

But on that note if anyone knows how to make that work with tell me when that'd be really awesome too.

Weak Auras is definitely not the only addon that can do this but it is an extremely useful addon, in my guild it is almost compulsory.

It can track and alert you of just about every CD, Buffs & Debuff's, Proc's, Boss Abilities and specific timers. You can set it up yourself to look exactly how you want and to fit your UI, personally i just find strings that i think would suit me, upload them and edit them slightly if needed.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2722

The above link is a decent place to start for some Weak Aura strings you may find useful for your priest but there are tons out there so do some searching till you find ones you like.

Deleted
    Depending on how it tracks it, it could be very CPU intensive. I imagine 2 ways to possible track it;

1) Periodically check everyone in your raid to see if they have a buff from you (CPU intensive)
    2) Checking combatlog for each 'bounce'. Unreliable if PoM is overwritten / cancelled / target dies / doesn't bounce cos range etc

I know that mistweavers used similar weakauras to track their uplift targets but it was unbearably CPU draining.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbyte View Post
    Weak Auras is definitely not the only addon that can do this but it is an extremely useful addon, in my guild it is almost compulsory.

It can track and alert you of just about every CD, Buffs & Debuff's, Proc's, Boss Abilities and specific timers. You can set it up yourself to look exactly how you want and to fit your UI, personally i just find strings that i think would suit me, upload them and edit them slightly if needed.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2722

The above link is a decent place to start for some Weak Aura strings you may find useful for your priest but there are tons out there so do some searching till you find ones you like.
    Agree completely. WA is a great addon - people have designed their whole UIs with it! So worth it.

I used to use an addon called PoM tracker, told you who it was on, how much it has healed and how many charges remains; very small addon and movable. Haven't used in awhile so unsure if it's up to date with MoP. The red bar is duration, should start as green or something and becomes red when duration is low representing time to refresh.
    TL;DR This is probably what you're looking for
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pray...ending-tracker
    Last edited by Pharm; 2014-02-14 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    I've dedicated one of the icons on my Grid to PoM. That way I can easily spot who has it and how many charges there are left.

I'm not certain if you can make it show only your own PoM in Grid but i'm the only priest in my group anyways.

Edit: This is probably only viable for 10man though, as it's harder to spot it at a glance in 25 and the probability of having more priests is high.
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2014-02-15 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    I've dedicated one of the icons on my Grid to PoM. That way I can easily spot who has it and how many charges there are left.

I'm not certain if you can make it show only your own PoM in Grid but i'm the only priest in my group anyways.

Edit: This is probably only viable for 10man though, as it's harder to spot it at a glance in 25 and the probability of having more priests is high.
    I tried setting it on my grid just keep losing it. Between all the various debuffs flying around and random weakened souls the raid frames can get cluttered sometimes. Plus the random nature of it makes it hard to track between 5 groups which is why i wanted some sort of button or something to watch it for me.

Deleted
    I've been using PoM tracker too. I think it hasn't been updated in ages, but it still works for me and does exactly what I want it to.

I used to use that addon myself bu here is the thing, pom is to be used on cd anyway... So with its 10sec cd does it really matter?

Deleted
    Depending on the boss and the situation, using PoM on CD can be kind of dumb.

Hence I prefer to track it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I used to use that addon myself bu here is the thing, pom is to be used on cd anyway... So with its 10sec cd does it really matter?
    Using it on CD is a good way to waste mana on many encounters.

Deleted
    Why would you use PoM on CD if it's already on a decent target?

Take for example pulsing damage that ticks every 3sec, why use it on CD instead of after the final bounce? :/