Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Looks like beta won't come till the summer, therefore WoD won't be coming till September or so. Unless the Beta comes within the next two months, still the game is not going to be released while we are in the summer, that's a fact.
    Why do you think that the beta won't come till summer? The launch of the beta is already near; 5.4.7 and the new arts for the pre-order shows it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Why do you think that the beta won't come till summer? The launch of the beta is already near; 5.4.7 and the new arts for the pre-order shows it.
    Look, if you want real facts for why 5.4.7 means nothing, check my sig. Look at facts, not pretty pictures designed to distract you.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    That is not the consumers problem.

Why do people accept "sorry guys, we didn't plan" so easily and then go on to actively defend this utterly dubious position?
    So much truth in that statement it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It should concern people. WoW is a relatively expensive game and when they don't put out content for 10-12 months it is kind of pathetic on blizzard's part. Best thing to do is unsub.
    Good point, $150 dollars to keep playing the same thing -_-

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Good point, $150 dollars to keep playing the same thing -_-
    If you got that kinda disposable income, go ahead. But I think WoW's target age group doesn't.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Why do people accept "sorry guys, we didn't plan" so easily
    Because we're enjoying ourselves?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know that you don't have to sub all them time right? just unsub like everyone else (or don't add more game time like me )

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Expensive?

I have roughly (rounded down) 1200 days (28,800 hours) played on my account over the past 8ish years with no break in subs. This equates to:

$220ish spent on Vanilla + expansions and 102 months of subscription totaling $1,528 for a total of approximately $1,748. This comes out to $0.061 cents an hour.

Take any typical 10 hour game these days for 59.99 and you get $5.99 an hour.

Let's be generous and say you put 100 hours in to Skyrim completing all its bells and whistles for funzies. $0.59 an hour.

WoW is frankly one of the absolute least expensive games to play that there are for the amount of content available. A normal employed human can stay subbed to this game forever and never ever feel it for this kind of efficiency.

First of all, wow. Youre going to throw insignificant information like that around to back up what exactly? And what does that prove?

Yes, it does bother me that we are possibly looking at 9-12months in a raid before an expansion. Is it a big deal? Nah, but still, this game is my hobby and i would like for it to stay fresh. This website is designed specifically to debate your opinions on matters within games like this.

Also.. youre seriously tell me that you have spent 1200 days (played time) on WoW? Thats insane. So let me get this straight, you have literally sat behind a computer and physically played this game for almost 4 years of time? Even if you split that up over 8 years, that is literally doing nothing but playing wow for half of every year.

I thought i was crazy for having 400 days played since 2004.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Yes, you read correctly. It's been over 5 months already and not even a Beta for WoD in sight. Doesn't this concern people?
    Not really. WoW is a hobby, not a lifestyle.

The beta is going to be released around the end of March as a spoiler for TESO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Look, if you want real facts for why 5.4.7 means nothing, check my sig. Look at facts, not pretty pictures designed to distract you.
    Your speculations aren't fact.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Malefic View Post
    *Blinks*

That's your response? Seriously?
    No. My response was a lot of sarcasm and poorly construed joking, which is admittedly a fault that I let slip still too often. My true response is what I kept repeating in between all the retorts. I simply disagree with your initial response to the other poster and think you are looking at it entirely wrong. We think about it fundamentally different, which is no fault of anyone, but I would hope that you and many posters (especially the OP) can realize how their production time isn't really something that needs to be harped about on the forums.

While I'm not going to go so far as to join the 'your subscription only covers server access' crowd, because I disagree, I think there is an understandable relationship between the players and developers and an already in place time table for how new expansions are released. I also factually acknowledge that no one is required to continue subscribing and the best course of action if they are unsatisfied with the current product is to stop paying for it.

I mean there's honestly no reason why anyone should be complaining, even if they said WoD would release two years from now. WoD isn't a bug fixing patch. It doesn't correct some flaw that affects the consumer's already spent money. It's a new product. Where we largely deviate in opinion is that you think there is a valuable discussion in asking 'Why?' when there's really no value. It doesn't matter why it isn't out by your expectations because you should have no expectations.

Would it be a better service if they had some form of content patches to carry the space between the expansion? Yes. Does it mean that they are doing something wrong or there is a value to whining about it now? No. We'll have to agree to disagree. Once I discovered the world of other MMOs, I too rode the wave of wanting to angrily complain about everything. I gave BiowarEA a forum earful of angry typing before I realized there's just no point. A game is a game and a company is a company. They are going to do whatever they are going to do.

It's my personal observation that enjoying what you enjoy and not worrying about the rest is much more valuable than any amount of complaining will ever be. This isn't politics. It's not changing the laws that determine how our lives operate. It's a game. Having it take longer than expected when you can stop paying for the current product and nothing in your life depends on it is probably a -5 on a scale of 1-100 of consumer affronts.
    BAD WOLF

I love how blizz said they don't want to leave us with content lull before an xpac like they have in the past. Yet that is exactly what they are doing.. again lol.

Wasn't ICC out for a year?

This isn't too bad yet.

Well, after dragon soul they said that 9-12 months without anything would never happen again. I guess it was naive to believe when they said again that expansions would come out faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post

This isn't too bad yet.
    ICC was epic. SoO is crap.

But, don't worry, we've got another 6 months or so of SoO left, so get out there and grind some more!
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    There's a difference between SoO looking like crap and being crap. As far as mechanics go, it's been one of the most well designed raids since Ulduar. ICC was decent, but overshadowed by Ulduar unfortunately.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post

But, don't worry, we've got another 6 months or so of SoO left, so get out there and grind some more!
    ICC IMO is worse then SoO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post

This isn't too bad yet.
    So because we had shit once, its fine to get it again?

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It is kind of strange that beta hasn't started yet. I see one of two things happening:

1) Beta is much shorter than other betas, and next expansion released soon
    2) beta is same length as other expansions, and Blizzard misses their goal of releasing expansions faster.

Personally, it doesn't bother me either way.
    3) They don't do a Beta and just drop the expansion on us so the "race" for Mythic World Firsts is truly "new" to everyone.

This would not surprise me in the least.