View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Oh gods, the sweet-sweet irony.
    I hope you're not comparing a class-profession overlap (Tinker) with a class-class overlap (DH).

The two situations are nothing alike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    well teriz seems to think only goblins and gnomes should have it.
    Looks like you spoke too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Druids are only available to 4 races, and its one of the most popular classes in the game.

But in the end, the races who couldn't be Tinkers would be Tauren and Night Elves, due to their rejection of technology.

Everyone else is fair game. Horde uses Goblin tech, Alliance uses Gnome/Dwarven tech.
    druids have good lore. having only 4 races to play it means nothing. they could add 2 more races able to use that class expansion and it still might be popular. it also is the perfect hybrid. tank/dps/Rdps/healer.

that one i agree on.

well this is were you show your true colors. alliance supporter.
    Horde: all tinkers have 50% chance to randomly exploded. because we all know goblin tech explodes randomly sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you spoke too soon.
    your reply to me wasnt up when i typed that
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    druids have good lore. having only 4 races to play it means nothing. they could add 2 more races able to use that class expansion and it still might be popular. it also is the perfect hybrid. tank/dps/Rdps/healer.

that one i agree on.

well this is were you show your true colors. alliance supporter.
    Horde: all tinkers have 50% chance to randomly exploded. because we all know goblin tech explodes randomly sometimes.
    Helix Blackfuse's tech seems to work pretty damn well. In fact its so sound it formed the basis behind the entire Iron Horde in WoD.

Helix Blackfuse's tech seems to work pretty damn well. In fact its so sound it formed the basis behind the entire Iron Horde in WoD.
    well he probably got paid really well so he didnt have to short cut things. plus his mech really doesnt get a chance to exploded on its own at random. we kind of kill it before it can.

10+ Year Old Account
    well he probably got paid really well so he didnt have to short cut things. plus his mech really doesnt get a chance to exploded on its own at random. we kind of kill it before it can.
    So in other words Goblin tech is okay as long as its well funded? What about Goblin-based tech that is built by Orcs?

Looks pretty sound to me.

Tinkers don't get enough love, I'd prefer them over yet another melee-only DH class. Could also be a great opportunity for some goblin and gnome lore. Tinkers have potential to pretty much fill all roles.

So in other words Goblin tech is okay as long as its well funded? What about Goblin-based tech that is built by Orcs?

Looks pretty sound to me.
    goblin blueprints, made by orcs. they dont randomly explode.

Deleted
    We didn´t see the Brewmaster as a class, but eventually as a spec of the monk, so...i guess it wouldn't be that impossible to see some sort of class that uses techstuff to some degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post

To sell me on Tinkers, I suppose I'd need to know the following.

1. What races can be a tinker
    2. How do you handle itemization and armor slots
    3. What is the theme of the expansion
    4. What does a tinker do and how do they do it
    5. Where do they come from, what level do they start at, and what is their starting experience like?
    6. Where is the foreshadowing in the game for them so far?

1.Any race except Tauren and Night Elf according to lore.
    2.After WoD armor stats are based on the class, not the armor. Tinker classes would wear leather until 40, and mail at end game, just like Shaman and Hunters.
    3.See a previous response. Tinkers could have been implemented in Cataclysm or WoD if Blizzard wanted them in. They would fit just fine in a South Seas expansion, since Kezan and Undermine are a part of that general theme.
    4.They use advanced battle technology to either tank, DPS, or heal.
    5.They would start in their individual race's location, just like Monks. I would prefer if they weren't a hero class.
    6. http://www.wowwiki.com/Technology More recently in MoP, Mana Bomb dropped on Theramore from a Zeppelin, The airships used to transport us to Pandaria, Goblins re-purposing titan technology for Garrosh, Siegecrafter Blackfuse, Garrosh taking the Iron Star back to old Draenor and creating the Iron Horde.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-02-16 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Tinker will be new gnome racial

10+ Year Old Account
    goblin blueprints, made by orcs. they dont randomly explode.
    I believe the point is that if correctly constructed, Goblin tech is just as powerful as Gnome technology. Ask anyone who has faced Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

I actually prefer the more crude style of Goblin tech to the polished Gnome tech style. Goblin tech looks way more industrial, while Gnome tech looks more fantastical.

This is what a tanking tinker could be:

Not sure if the metal claw is needed for anything

I believe the point is that if correctly constructed, Goblin tech is just as powerful as Gnome technology. Ask anyone who has faced Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

I actually prefer the more crude style of Goblin tech to the polished Gnome tech style. Goblin tech looks way more industrial, while Gnome tech looks more fantastical.
    all tech works right if made right. which is getting their. goblin tech use to explode at random and gnome tech would randomly quit working. now its no longer the case. well goblin tech still has a chance to blow up.

i want to see other races create their own tech personally.
    also back to the picture you link, i saw
    Canon
    mortar
    ram
    wtf is the 4th thing it looks like a shredder on a catapult base.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    So what do you think? What are the chances of a Tinker class in WoW?
    The Tinker? As a representation of the Tinker Hero class?

I hope not. It's too played for laughs, too "whimsical", too silly. Plus, the name itself invites comparison with the Engineering profession. Engineering would make a great side perk for the class....but Tinker is still an ingame aspect of the profession.

In short, the name Tinker has baggage associated with it that has negative connotations. Unfortunately, its also a name that many here would readily associate with a tech themed class and it does conjure up mental images of scientists and engineers.

Now...a Tech themed class could have the same theme, but would allow Blizzard to freely develop the class without any baggage from the WC3 game.

1. Unique Mechanical class theme. No other class would be like the Tinker if implemented.

True

2. Wonderful class for Goblins and Gnomes, probably two of the most neglected races in WoW lorewise.

I'm not sure I'd call the goblins neglected lorewise. They are better served than many. More importantly, the true issue isn't that their lore is non-existent or lacking; its that their story is basically complete. There's been little need to add more because there isn't really any more to add.

WoD may change this; if the Horde is poorer now, then Gallywix has little reason to stay. He has bills to pay and the big rich power of the world isn't doing business with him. Indeed, while he is tied to the horde, they are actively going out of their way to wreck him. That's a storyline that the Goblins should explore. Why stay with the Horde? The other big storyline would be the promised return to kezan.

Now the Gnomes - they are neglected. As are the Worgen. Tauren. Draenei. And some others.

4. Would fill in the remaining mail armor slot.

Could fill. Doesn't have to.

9. Technology makes a good counter-theme to the standard Swords and Sorcery of fantasy games.

Some would say that is a minus.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is what a tanking tinker could be:
    And I find that picture and others like it utterly ridiculous. Its distinct, but lets face it....that was drawn for comedy.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    all tech works right if made right. which is getting their. goblin tech use to explode at random and gnome tech would randomly quit working. now its no longer the case. well goblin tech still has a chance to blow up.
    I think Blizzard has done quite a bit in MoP to bring Horde tech to par with Alliance tech. It'll be interesting to see what effect the Iron Horde will have on Azerothian technology following WoD. Blizzard has stated that expansions are going to follow the storylines of the previous expansion more closely. If that's the case, an expansion based around Orcs on old Draenor using stolen technology to attempt to conquer their world and ours should have interesting repercussions on future expansions.

i want to see other races create their own tech personally.
    also back to the picture you link, i saw
    Canon
    mortar
    ram
    wtf is the 4th thing it looks like a shredder on a catapult base.
    Its a chariot of sorts. Operates like a motorcycle.

I've personally seen very little in game lore or gameplay and also from devs/cms about Tinkers. Seems to be almost entirely a fan based idea. Not sure how someone could vote 90-100% based on that. Seems more like wishful thinking than an actual analysis of the situation, hard to believe someone that is too caught up in their own views.

That said, I voted zero. Though Blizzard has been known to cave to the fan base so that's the only real reason to add it, sheer popularity. This makes me support threads of this nature if they can build up enough steam.

I think Blizzard has done quite a bit in MoP to bring Horde tech to par with Alliance tech. It'll be interesting to see what effect the Iron Horde will have on Azerothian technology following WoD. Blizzard has stated that expansions are going to follow the storylines of the previous expansion more closely. If that's the case, an expansion based around Orcs on old Draenor using stolen technology to attempt to conquer their world and ours should have interesting repercussions on future expansions.

Its a chariot of sorts. Operates like a motorcycle.
    i think the the next expansion will deal with the ogre homeland. i just thought of something scary. ogres with iron horde tech.

chariot/brute chopper from halo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangers View Post
    I've personally seen very little in game lore or gameplay and also from devs/cms about Tinkers. Seems to be almost entirely a fan based idea.
    Really? In WC3, Gazlowe Rachet, a Goblin Tinker (who is appearing in Heroes of the Storm ) worked with Chen Stormstout and Rexxar to help secure Orgrimmar and protect it in its infant stages. The leader of the Gnomes is called "High Tinker". The Gnome city is called "Tinkertown", and Goblins, Gnomes and Dwarves use advanced technology constantly. Heck, we flew to Pandaria on massive airships.

They're too close to engineers.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the the next expansion will deal with the ogre homeland. i just thought of something scary. ogres with iron horde tech.

chariot/brute chopper from halo?
    Unless there's some super ogre hiding somewhere, a continent of dim-witted ogres is no threat to the combined power of the Alliance and the Horde.

A united Horde armed with high tech weapons on the other hand...