Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainot View Post
    Hello, just getting back into resto healing, I've been tanking since the end of wrath. I'm wondering about what haste break point I should go for.
    Depends on your gear. As a (very) rough guideline, go for 3043 haste if your average item level is below 555 and go for 13163 if it's above that. Add five or so item levels to your total if you have the Prismatic Prison of Pride trinket from Sha of Pride. No other breakpoints are worth caring about.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I would have stuck to stacking mastery until I got a bit better gear (and preferably the PPP trinket from Sha of Pride), but I'm guessing you're not overly keen on replacing all your gems again. As a general rule, it's only worth going for 13163 haste if you can do it without breaking socket bonuses or switching to lower level items or enchants. Right now you're losing out on 540 intellect and 120 spirit from socket bonuses, which is about 2% of your total intellect gone. It's not critically bad, but it's not ideal either. In the end, your healing done will depend far more on how well you use your cooldowns and how well you can keep Harmony/Lifebloom up than how you reforge. Good cooldown planning is worth about 50 item levels.

All the fancy talk about player choice unfortunately doesn't apply to druids this tier, as we have three major glyphs that are flat healing increases with no significant downsides: Efflorescence, Wild Growth and Regrowth.
    Thanks for the somewhat detailed advice Alltat.
    Last reset I went for haste (13163) and this reset for mastery. I noticed allmost no difference in HPS, exept when using CD's mastery comes out on top by miles. Uptimes for Harmony is allways above the 90 percentile and the LB allways above the 87 percentile (not perfect but I raid casually 6 hours a week).

Is there anything I can change to my current gear to increase my HPS since were starting HC's.
    Do not mind the glyphs/talents, I've been messing around with some PVP, in raid I'm sticking with: Efflorescence, Wild Growth and Regrowth

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Heali%C3%A5/advanced

Kind Regards,
    Vuig
    Last edited by vuig; 2014-02-14 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Edited info

Deleted
    rather than start a new thread - using mushrooms with efflorescence I can only target someone to place them. Yet on some videos I swear I see them placing mushrooms like it us unglyphed (so they get the ground target where to place it - so can place it anywhere.

Am I missing something how to do this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    rather than start a new thread - using mushrooms with efflorescence I can only target someone to place them. Yet on some videos I swear I see them placing mushrooms like it us unglyphed (so they get the ground target where to place it - so can place it anywhere.

Am I missing something how to do this?

Thanks
    There's a minor glyph that allows you to place it on the ground rather than under someone's feet. Glyph of Sprouting Mushroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Hello guys!

i tried to search for it on the forums, but i cant seem to find it, so here goes:

How powerful is our 4-set exactly? I'm currently sitting on the 4-set bonus without the shoulder tier item tho, all normal + upgraded.

Now we recently started raiding HC, and already got 6/14 down, and i managed to pick up these 2: http://wowhead.com/item=104472 & http://wowhead.com/item=104480. Now i was wondering whether it would be viable upgrading them both, and only go for the 2-set, maybe until i get the normal shoulder piece, and the use http://wowhead.com/item=104472 as a setbreaker?

Hope you lot can help

Deleted
    I have a slight problem with my druid. I got 561 ilvl now. Thing is tho, i got plenty of gear with Mastery on it.

So if i'm about to get 13k haste, i'll have to gem haste like a maniac. Will end up with about 12.5k spirit (which should be OK with my playstyle), but only about 6k mastery.. And as of now, i got 16k spirit (cause i can), 11.6k mastery and 3144 haste.

Those 6k mastery seem little to me, but have stayed at 3043+ haste for a long time, as it has always worked well in 10m with an Priest(disc) as my partner. I even try to gem as much Int + Mastery gems as possible, always liked the extra spellpower. If i change to 13k Haste, i will need to gem Haste gems all the way pretty much.
    But to be honest, what do you think? Will i be better of with 13k haste and 6k mastery? Spirit won't be a problem for me, as i can change playstyle easy. I have playd with that little before without problem.

I have done all this little fast using askmrrobot, just to check how it could look with 13k haste instead.

Summery: I play 10m raids. Got 16k Spirit, 11.6k Mastery, 3144 haste atm. Will i be better of with 12.5k Spirit, 6k Mastery, 13k Haste? Or should i change what i have to less Spirit with even more Mastery?
    If i have said something wierd, as my english ain't the best. Just ask and i'll answer you.

Armory: Can't post it, as i have to few posts on the forum o.O
    Character: Mjölkspam - Shattered Hand EU (Guild: Catch XXII) WoL: Shattered Hand, Catch XXII
    Last edited by mmoc1f4ac7ffff; 2014-02-21 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    Hello guys!

i tried to search for it on the forums, but i cant seem to find it, so here goes:

How powerful is our 4-set exactly? I'm currently sitting on the 4-set bonus without the shoulder tier item tho, all normal + upgraded.

Now we recently started raiding HC, and already got 6/14 down, and i managed to pick up these 2: http://wowhead.com/item=104472 & http://wowhead.com/item=104480. Now i was wondering whether it would be viable upgrading them both, and only go for the 2-set, maybe until i get the normal shoulder piece, and the use http://wowhead.com/item=104472 as a setbreaker?

Hope you lot can help
    4 set is ~2% healing increase. Crit gloves are poopy and should never be used, especially with a blue socket. I would recommend keeping 4 set until you get tier shoulders and use your heroic mask with the rest as your 4 set. The mask is the recommended offset until you can get heroic WF haste chest from paragons. 4 set is worth way more than the few extra stats you'll get from using the craptastic gloves and heroic mask.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolkspam View Post
    I have a slight problem with my druid. I got 561 ilvl now. Thing is tho, i got plenty of gear with Mastery on it.

So if i'm about to get 13k haste, i'll have to gem haste like a maniac. Will end up with about 12.5k spirit (which should be OK with my playstyle), but only about 6k mastery.. And as of now, i got 16k spirit (cause i can), 11.6k mastery and 3144 haste.

Those 6k mastery seem little to me, but have stayed at 3043+ haste for a long time, as it has always worked well in 10m with an Priest(disc) as my partner. I even try to gem as much Int + Mastery gems as possible, always liked the extra spellpower. If i change to 13k Haste, i will need to gem Haste gems all the way pretty much.
    But to be honest, what do you think? Will i be better of with 13k haste and 6k mastery? Spirit won't be a problem for me, as i can change playstyle easy. I have playd with that little before without problem.

I have done all this little fast using askmrrobot, just to check how it could look with 13k haste instead.

Summery: I play 10m raids. Got 16k Spirit, 11.6k Mastery, 3144 haste atm. Will i be better of with 12.5k Spirit, 6k Mastery, 13k Haste? Or should i change what i have to less Spirit with even more Mastery?
    If i have said something wierd, as my english ain't the best. Just ask and i'll answer you.

Armory: Can't post it, as i have to few posts on the forum o.O
    Character: Mjölkspam - Shattered Hand EU (Guild: Catch XXII) WoL: Shattered Hand, Catch XXII
    Get rid of crit belt, helm, shoulders and pick up PPP from sha of pride. Replacing your crit gear with haste gear and getting that trinket will allow you to more easily reach the breakpoint without sacrificing so much mastery. You ideally want a pretty even mix of spirit haste and spirit mastery gear. This will allow you to gem mostly mixed gems so you don't give up too much int or mastery. I would recommend staying at 3043 haste until you replace these pieces. It's not worth it to get that higher haste break point if you have next to no mastery. Your heals will tick faster, sure, but they will tickle and your tranq won't be as powerful.

As a side note, mastery is better than intellect when mastery is 2:1 (i.e. on gems, you can have 320 mastery vs. 160 int - mastery wins) so you don't really want to gem int/mastery outside of red slots. Yellow slots should be pure mastery (or haste if you need it to get your break point after you get the proper gear). All red slots should be int/mastery (or int/haste (see above reason)) and blues should be spirit/mastery (or spirit/haste...same thing). Int/spirit gems are not recommended since intellect is much weaker than mastery in regards to gems.... so you have some gems to change around that might help out a bit. But it is definitely easier with proper itemization (PPP) and gemming.

Edit: don't drop too much lower than 12.5k spirit since the later heroic fights will require you to push out more healing and a disc priest won't be as useful to you (malkorok, spoils, and thok are all more difficult on a disc than a druid (you'll be on your own side on spoils but it's not mana intensive at all)). Malkorok will be the biggest healing test for you since the disc won't be able to pump out as much raw healing as you can as quickly. They're more for stabilizing while you roll rejuvs/wg on as many people as you possibly can. I did it with 13k spirit but I was with a crappy holy paladin so your mileage may vary, but I would seriously not recommend lower than 12k, especially with two throughput trinkets.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2014-02-21 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Gramer r hrd
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    Jordaen : Thanks for that answer mate. Helped plenty I have healed as druid since WotLK, worked fine all the way. Just wanted to try something else,
    maybe go for higher haste or even go crit just because i can xD

But i'll try this out, first removing int/spirit gems. Maybe go spirit/mastery in blue sockets instead i guess?
    Second i will go for less spirit as i know i can manage that, will not go lower than 12.5k i think, rather stupid pushing it that far. I'll report back if i got more questions or
    even to tell how it worked out. Need to farm those items, trinket from Sha of Pride is a pain to get tho

Will end up with about 12.5k spirit (which should be OK with my playstyle), but only about 6k mastery.. And as of now, i got 16k spirit (cause i can), 11.6k mastery and 3144 haste.
    Regardless of what you decide to do about the mastery/haste, get rid of that excess spirit. Reforge it into crit if you have to. That 3-4k extra spirit isn't doing anyone any good.

Jordaen : Thanks for that answer mate. Helped plenty I have healed as druid since WotLK, worked fine all the way. Just wanted to try something else,
    maybe go for higher haste or even go crit just because i can xD

But i'll try this out, first removing int/spirit gems. Maybe go spirit/mastery in blue sockets instead i guess?
    Second i will go for less spirit as i know i can manage that, will not go lower than 12.5k i think, rather stupid pushing it that far. I'll report back if i got more questions or
    even to tell how it worked out. Need to farm those items, trinket from Sha of Pride is a pain to get tho
    I hear ya. It took 7 or 8 weeks of killing pride on heroic and a few normal kills before we even saw heroic PPP. I ended up winning mine from a coin roll since the holy paladin needed the trink more than I did. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I hear ya. It took 7 or 8 weeks of killing pride on heroic and a few normal kills before we even saw heroic PPP. I ended up winning mine from a coin roll since the holy paladin needed the trink more than I did. Good luck!
    First killed Heroic Sha of Pride on September 25th, finally got a PPP this Wednesday.

Deleted
    thank you for the guide man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth going for the 7559 haste breakpoint for WG SOTF? My gear is just 525 so not sure if I can reach higher than that without sacrificing mastery, but I can sacrifice 3000ish spirit for the haste. Sitting at 14995 Spirit at the moment :P

Mainly doing Flex, though. I dont really play actively these days.. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Asrialt/simple

I love playing with SotF. So sexy.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2014-03-05 at 04:37 PM.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Is it worth going for the 7559 haste breakpoint for WG SOTF? My gear is just 525 so not sure if I can reach higher than that without sacrificing mastery, but I can sacrifice 3000ish spirit for the haste. Sitting at 14995 Spirit at the moment :P

Mainly doing Flex, though. I dont really play actively these days.. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Asrialt/simple

I love playing with SotF. So sexy.
    As has been said multiple times during this and other threads, you never go for anything besides 3043 or 13163 except for special circumstances. At your gear level, I would strongly recommend staying at 3043 haste, dropping down to 13k spirit or lower (since it's just flex) and putting every spare point you've got into mastery. This will allow you tranq to be huge! SotF is not worth gearing for since it only affects one spell ever 15 seconds. That's entirely not worth it. Once you get gear with either spirit/haste or spirit/mastery in every slot and PPP from Sha of Pride you should be able to go for the 13163 break point.

As a side note, your yellow slots should be either pure haste or mastery (mastery for you), reds should be int/mastery or int/haste (mastery again for you), and blues should be spirit/haste or spirit/mastery (again...mastery). This is because mastery is better than intellect at a 2:1 ratio (so...gems). You almost never want to use intellect/spirit gems as you lose out on a fair amount of throughput. Crit gear should be avoided at all costs.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2014-03-05 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling too stronk

As has been said multiple times during this and other threads, you never go for anything besides 3043 or 13163 except for special circumstances.
    The guide itself could arguably be a bit clearer on this point. Most people aren't going to read through 21 pages of questions and answers, and most of the serious discussion and theorycrafting about haste breakpoints has been in other threads.

...dropping down to 13k spirit or lower (since it's just flex) and putting every spare point you've got into mastery.
    I would say that this applies regardless of difficulty, and that 13k is the absolute upper limit. 12-13k is a good amount to aim for, but 10-11k works fine if you know what you're doing. As a general rule, lower spirit is better but requires you to pay more attention to fight mechanics to judge how urgently someone needs healing.

Crit gear should be avoided at all costs.
    That's a bit drastic. Crit gear isn't bad. It's just that mastery is better, as is haste if it gets you to a break point. If you're already at 3043 anyway and don't have the gear to go for 13163, a crit item will be more useful than a haste item.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    The guide itself could arguably be a bit clearer on this point. Most people aren't going to read through 21 pages of questions and answers, and most of the serious discussion and theorycrafting about haste breakpoints has been in other threads.

I would say that this applies regardless of difficulty, and that 13k is the absolute upper limit. 12-13k is a good amount to aim for, but 10-11k works fine if you know what you're doing. As a general rule, lower spirit is better but requires you to pay more attention to fight mechanics to judge how urgently someone needs healing.

That's a bit drastic. Crit gear isn't bad. It's just that mastery is better, as is haste if it gets you to a break point. If you're already at 3043 anyway and don't have the gear to go for 13163, a crit item will be more useful than a haste item.
    The guide has two numbers bolded for haste break points: 3043 and 13163. There has been a billion discussions about going for a different one inbetween and it has been said a billion times that you should only go for those two. A simple forum search can show that.

As for spirit...I sad 13k or lower, which means yes 13k is the max that a druid should typically have, especially for flex content. Since they had 15k I didn't want to recommend 11k because that is a huge step down and then I went on to say that you should put any spare point you have into mastery, which is exactly what you're saying but in different words.

And then for crit gear, it should be avoided at all costs. Throughout SoO from flex to heroic I never took a single crit piece because I managed to get my geared optimized as I was going through. I had heroic t15 gear so I didn't absolutely need the pieces from flex that had crit, and as I moved into normals I passed on crit gear. It wasn't worth losing my break points and what not for a few extra worthless intellect and crit points and then normal to heroic isn't worth replacing a haste/spirit piece with a spirit/crit. I hit the 13163 bp in t15 because I was aware of my gear. So yes, crit should be avoided at all costs, assuming you have a proper idea on how to pass on gear that isn't for you.

I'm a bit curious. Is it bad that our druid almost never uses lifebloom? I'm going to guess that it is but I don't want to sound misinformed when I go talk to them.

it kind of is, having at least 1 stack on someone that's always taking damage (usually the tank) can be very useful and it provides free casts of regrowth and healing touch (better to use on regrowth though)

it's usually 10% of my healing on most fights, it does a really good job of keeping tanks topped off in 10s

I don't play 25s, but from what I've seen in logs, the tank is taking so many heals, the hot is negligible, but it's still worth it when you have downtime for the free casts, it can also still do nice healing by moving it to someone that has a dot on them from a boss effect

but yeah, it pulls a bit over 22k hps completely unbuffed on my char (including crits, outside of procs), so I'd say that's pretty nice considering it's a virtually mana-positive spell that requires pretty simple maintenance (one cast every 15s) and can get refreshed when healing the target anyways

I always try to keep it up and it's fairly worth doing, but if you have to let it fall off because the raid as a whole needs healing that's fine too (although I can't think of a single instance this tier where that'd happen) other than maybe IJ, paragons, or garrosh where both your tanks might be taking intense damage at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    it kind of is, having at least 1 stack on someone that's always taking damage (usually the tank) can be very useful and it provides free casts of regrowth and healing touch (better to use on regrowth though)

it's usually 10% of my healing on most fights, it does a really good job of keeping tanks topped off in 10s

I don't play 25s, but from what I've seen in logs, the tank is taking so many heals, the hot is negligible, but it's still worth it when you have downtime for the free casts, it can also still do nice healing by moving it to someone that has a dot on them from a boss effect

but yeah, it pulls a bit over 22k hps completely unbuffed on my char (including crits, outside of procs), so I'd say that's pretty nice considering it's a virtually mana-positive spell that requires pretty simple maintenance (one cast every 15s) and can get refreshed when healing the target anyways

I always try to keep it up and it's fairly worth doing, but if you have to let it fall off because the raid as a whole needs healing that's fine too (although I can't think of a single instance this tier where that'd happen) other than maybe IJ, paragons, or garrosh where both your tanks might be taking intense damage at the same time.
    That's what I'm thinking. Our druid has 0 casts of it EVER in SoO. We've had issues of people dying, mainly me (BrM tank) so I'm wondering if having the Lifebloom HoT on me will help smooth out the damage/give the healers buffer time to get me up.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Our druid has 0 casts of it EVER in SoO. We've had issues of people dying, mainly me (BrM tank) so I'm wondering if having the Lifebloom HoT on me will help smooth out the damage/give the healers buffer time to get me up.
    It would help a lot. As was mentioned, lifebloom gives free regrowth casts which leads to living seeds on you. That's a lot of healing that the druid is not doing. Encourage them to improve their up time for sure.