15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Maybe some before and after shots. of "Before I decided I wanted to show off my setup" and "How I would normally post this to MMO-C" pics are in-order ;D
    Those never end that well for me. I always end up cleaning the "before cleaning" shots too to make them look stylishly messy.

Do those Scythe Himuros do anything, Drunken?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Do those Scythe Himuros do anything, Drunken?
    They're just hard drive cases, but they look pretty and are very flexible in terms of mounting. Currently have one installed in the 5.25" of the Vengeance C70, since I removed the hard drive cages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. They do look pretty sleek.

10+ Year Old Account

Haven't updated the rig in a while but I did upgrade my G15 orange to GN72013.
    Included both dirty and tidy desk shots to go with the new theme.
    Lastly don't ask why the htpc is sitting on top my desktop.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2018-06-23 at 08:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Atrociously bad macro-keys to be honest. I wound up purchasing the Corsair K70 with American layout.
    That's not even really my issue, though it is annoying, but also the fact that the esc and function keys are all non-mechanical.

Plus that one firmware glitch that sometimes makes it where you press a key down and it doesn't register as you only pressed it once and just goes like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but really the key was up and you had to press another. Annoying. -.- Otherwise I like it, the wrist-rest could be better.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Haven't updated the rig in a while but I did upgrade my G15 orange to GN72013.
    Included both dirty and tidy desk shots to go with the new theme.
    Lastly don't ask why the htpc is sitting on top my desktop.
    Which keyboard is that? The model number in your post doesn't return anything in google.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Which keyboard is that? The model number in your post doesn't return anything in google.
    It's a joke. (G15 + nexus7 on top of it)

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    It's a joke. (G15 + nexus7 on top of it)
    Heh, I feel dumb. I thought it was a keyboard with some kind of dock on it. Which would be pretty useful. :P
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, I've taken some pictures of the case! http://imgur.com/a/21lby

It's just the case barebone but with some imagination you can imagine how it will turn out!
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Pretty nice setup. Also subscribed to your channel.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I'd post an update now I've managed to get my hands on a few cable ties and a "new" graphics card

And because there's always something left over...

Few more up here:
    http://blog.refreshprojects.com/new-graphics-card/

And this is the last time I ever buy a non-modular PSU.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2014-02-18 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I'd post an update now I've managed to get my hands on a few cable ties and a "new" graphics card

http://imgur.com/DFC2LTZ

http://imgur.com/zCyAUKq
    http://imgur.com/xlcHY6C
    And because there's always something left over...
    http://imgur.com/578Musd
    http://imgur.com/oP1A6ka
    Few more up here:
    http://blog.refreshprojects.com/new-graphics-card/

And this is the last time I ever buy a non-modular PSU.
    No offense but that wiring still looks awful. You could have likely got the 8pin cpu power behind the board if you had positioned the psu fan-side down.
    Bending sata cables at extreme angles can cause data corruption or outright failure of the cable. (specifically the ones under the hdds)
    Lastly I would say that your case also makes for a bad wiring job simply by having the 3.5" bays facing the graphic cards.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2014-02-18 at 06:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offence taken, isn't that the point? If you have a suggestion with a way to do it I couldn't see, feel free to make it.
    But it is a terrible case, and a terrible PSU for wiring, neither of which I will be using again. I've thought many times of switching out the case and PSU just because of that, but when it comes to spending ~£300 to make it look pretty, I find it hard to justify to myself.

Unfortunately I cant get the 8pin to go anywhere, its barely long enough to go the way it has. there's no way to get it behind the board. There's also some fan cables at the top that do basically the same, they're way too short to do anything with.

Interesting point about the sata cables, didn't really occur to me that it was that bad.

At some point if it bugs me enough, I'll probably end up buying some extensions for stuff that like, but for now, its only a blight when posting up here.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2014-02-18 at 07:16 AM.

This is one of those few cases where I'd suggest flipping the powersupply fan down, since that would put the 8pin much closer to any grommet you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the obvious wiring, there seems to be an issue with your airflow.
    The amount of dust makes me think you don't have positive pressure in the case ...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those few cases where I'd suggest flipping the powersupply fan down, since that would put the 8pin much closer to any grommet you have.
    The only other problem with this, is there is no "vent" at the bottom of the case. the fan on the PSU would be useless. Also, there is no cable access point near the 8pin on the mobo, so it wouldn't actually make any difference, a cable extension would still be required.

The only other problem with this, is there is no "vent" at the bottom of the case. the fan on the PSU would be useless. Also, there is no cable access point near the 8pin on the mobo, so it wouldn't actually make any difference, a cable extension would still be required.
    Ah, well you're fucked then huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, well you're fucked then huh.
    I've been looking at the Corsair 600T and the 650D and coupling it with a new modular PSU, but its a lot of money to spend on a machine that actually I want to replace pretty soon anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Apart from the obvious wiring, there seems to be an issue with your airflow.
    The amount of dust makes me think you don't have positive pressure in the case ...
    I experimented a lot with this, (you may recall a few posts back when I first built it) the only way to make it positive pressure is to have ALL the fans as intake fans. The problem is that this doesn't actually help because you can only put dust filters on the two front fans without some case mods.

But certainly the cabling could be better, it looked alright at nearly midnight when I did it Might have another crack at it at the weekend when I get my compressor out. Had to use a cheap brush to dust everything off last night.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2014-02-18 at 06:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking at the Corsair 600T and the 650D and coupling it with a new modular PSU, but its a lot of money to spend on a machine that actually I want to replace pretty soon anyway.
    What are you gonna replace it with then? Since good case and PSU are like the most future proof pieces you can get, unless you are going for something entirely different like htpc.