Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    $60 is well worth being able to skip mope content. I would have paid more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, this isn't supposed to be a "deal" that everyone jumps on. It's supposed to be a convenience thing that very few individuals will spend money on.

It's probably placeholder price because that's insane. It's cheaper afaik to buy a new game up to MoP and RaFing or for those who have a full roster of 90s but want one on the opposing faction to faction AND server transfer. hell I might have used it to lvl a horde too that in the 80s and would rather put up with chuging along than pay $60.

The pricing of $60 makes complete sense. Let's look at opportunity cost for Blizz for one moment.

My entire guild decides we are moving servers and going alliance. What is my out of pocket expense currently? I believe $25 for the server xfer and $30 for the faction change (correct me if i'm wrong)

If they were to offer the Boost to 90 for $25. It would make 0 sense for me to pay to move my original character. I could just get a fresh one for half the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here. I was thinking more on the lines of paying 90$ and was ready too. Glad it's cheaper..

I can RAF myself to 85 in 1 day and spend $10 so i dont see how this price makes sense. On day 3, I can be level 90 and have only invested $10 on a separate slave account. This is actually what I did last week to get 6 85's took me 6 days.

We're arguing about this in a place filled with people who believe Blizzard can do no wrong and who will gladly eat up whatever garbage the company spews onto their plates. It's futile, let them have their $60 level 90s. You can protest with your wallets and elsewhere, but you can't win here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    $60 is well worth being able to skip mope content. I would have paid more.
    This right here.

If I have to see pandas and china art anymore, i might just kill myself.

I was thinking it would be in the range of $35-$40 range. Just seems a a tiny bit overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by OJntoast View Post
    The pricing of $60 makes complete sense. Let's look at opportunity cost for Blizz for one moment.

My entire guild decides we are moving servers and going alliance. What is my out of pocket expense currently? I believe $25 for the server xfer and $30 for the faction change (correct me if i'm wrong)

If they were to offer the Boost to 90 for $25. It would make 0 sense for me to pay to move my original character. I could just get a fresh one for half the price.
    This makes the most sense to me, it's so expensive because if it were cheaper it would devalue the other paid services

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    We're arguing about this in a place filled with people who believe Blizzard can do no wrong and who will gladly eat up whatever garbage the company spews onto their plates. It's futile, let them have their $60 level 90s. You can protest with your wallets and elsewhere, but you can't win here.
    What the company spews we have a choice to eat or not.

This time they spewed $60 character boosts.

Some will partake in eating it up, some won't.

Per. Fucking. Usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    60 dollars for a full boost is more than fine, stop making a while storm of it.

1.: You select ANY server you want to be on.
    2.: Any race.
    3.: Any Class.
    4.: 483 green gear (which is much better than any newly levelled char).
    5.: You take a shortcut through all content.

60 dollars are nothing when you look at the fact of you can place these 60 dollars investment on any server you like - and not even think of racechange/factionchange/serverchange

And of course you wont get professions (unless you boost a lvl 60+ char) but really, this is just a kindergarden when people start expecting even more. Note to all, takes 1 week (7 days) as a casual to go from 1 to 90 and get above 483 ilvl,
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-18 at 05:36 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfatron View Post
    It makes sense. If you were to do it the hard way:

1) Buy battlechest for 10
    2) Buy WoD for 39.99
    3) Buy 2 months to activate the account for 30
    4) Transfer character to new account for 25

It would cost a ton more. Surely they won't make the separate service much cheaper?
    Why would you buy WoD on an account that you just want to raf on? I'm sure most people would just buy the battlechest, level to 90, and just do 85-90 themselves. 85-90 takes pretty much no time anyway. So at most you're looking at 35 dollars, assuming you're not trying to get the rocket. I think in the one month I did raf with my buddy, I got 4 new 90s? and we didn't even really set aside a lot of time to level, just whenever we were both on. We could have easily done all classes if we actually tried to.

I don't plan on buying any boosts personally, I only need rogue/mage to have all classes at 90. 60 bucks though? That's honestly way overpriced. Logically it should either be cheaper, or just as expensive to raf and get chars. I mean really, why would I spend 60 bucks instead of just doing raf? the convenience? I'm assuming they'll adjust the price, because if they don't, they're implementing a feature a lot of potential buyers will just scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by Congelatore View Post
    This is why you give people the benefit of the doubt. A lot of people have egg on their face because of their own pride. Sad.

Thanks for the screen shot.
    You're welcome, sir.

The pricing seems to suggest that the feature only really got implemented to avoid the situation with people buying additional copies just to get a a free 90 boost. This is so expensive that most people probably won't use it (not complaining, just an observation)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    i might just kill myself.
    You'd be doing the gene pool a favor.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-18 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, RAF is gone now, isn't it?
    No Scroll of Resurrection is. They don't want people handing out scrolls to folks who would be returning anyway for the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is just the SoR that is gone...I may be wrong though.

no SOR is

10char

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect price... will keep most people from even considering it, which is likely their point in making it so high. Much lower and there'd be too many people using it.