Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You get what you ask for. As if you need to ask Blizzard for more ways to funnel them money.. but if you go the extra mile and specifically ask, you will receive

Quote Originally Posted by Barracks00 View Post
    Is being 90 all that it takes for you to consider yourself a winner?
    You cannot win in MMO, obviously. But when you pay subscription fee, you want to be sure that everyone around you is equal. Everything around you measures by your skill and time investment. But when someone can buy additional things outside of the game mechanics it is considered as pay to win by me. Because the next step is selling epics for cash, like in every sub pair korean MMO. And this is disgusting for me because I used to love this game and Blizzard as a company who shows how to make the right games and be extremely popular without those stupid p2w economic models.

Yeah... the pulled the option to buy the character boost on my end aswell : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I expected $50 but $60 is good too.

You have to understand the reason Blizzard is selling 90s is to prevent people from buying a second copy of WOD to get a 90. Let's examine that cost.

MOP Battlechest let's say $20
    WOD let's say $40
    Transfer the new 90 to your Main Account, we know that is $25
    Total cost of a 90 $85

So you see Blizzard is actually offering you a discount. They are taking LESS MONEY to make it more convenient and to avoid artificially inflating WOD sales numbers.

So any cries of greedy Blizzard are just myopic foolishness.
    I was more ok with that because it was an obvious work around and extremely expensive. This is more conceding the "you got us" card early and saying its ok. I think I'll be taking my $15 elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    non sense. There's such a thing as value and this is no value. The term "ripped off" comes to mind right away. This is worth nothing more than $25 per boost. hopefully people don't buy it and make an outrage over the pricing. Hopefully it's also a placeholder number and is actually much cheaper. if it stays at $60 it's nothing more than a money grab and not something i would use. Because the boost was something i was looking forward to if the price doesn't come down i'm not buying WoD and they'll lose a 10 yr. customer with 3 recurring monthly accounts.

So yes i don't like it and i won't buy it. i like boost but at a value price. Your generic response is non sense. Try to think of something to add.
    A money grab is exactly what it should be. I partially agree with those who suggest it be more expensive, but for most of us I'm sure its because we have no plans of ever using it. (I would only gain 5 levels on Sargeras, I'm currently 985 total) This service merely bypasses a week and a half of play time that many of us took care of years ago. The gear is trash. It's decent enough to get you onto the isle without getting thrashed, though most players will have a full set of tokens to replace it anyway. Think of it as free Bloody Coins for someone who doesn't have time to play and has money.

I like the expense attempting to prevent it's over use and providing a secure alternative to existing 3rd party services.

Edit: This also may cause a greater shift in population which I hope is seriously addressed soon. I could imagine and few users of this service will be going on great high population realms with a faction imbalance. I would gladly have them offer this service to Sargeras Horde at no cost to go along with my proposed migration pricing for other services.
    Last edited by Freydal; 2014-02-18 at 07:37 PM.

If they price WoD at $60 normal, and $80 collectors, they better offer an option without the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    If they price WoD at $60 normal, and $80 collectors, they better offer an option without the boost.
    Did I miss something, why are there multiple posts claiming that WoD is going to be $60?

I dont see the issue. It takes zero skill in the first place to level a character. Most people who are using this will have played the game before and will have some understanding of how the game works and have leveled several characters and just dont want to go through the grind again. This isnt pay to win, you dont "win" anything by reaching level 90. Really who cares. If nothing else then this will be HUGE for old players to get back into the game and bypass all the junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You get what you ask for. As if you need to ask Blizzard for more ways to funnel them money.. but if you go the extra mile and specifically ask, you will receive
    People pay for mounts etc in the Blizzard store. I don't blame them exploiting dumb people who pay for crap like that. If it was my company I'd done the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    You cannot win in MMO, obviously. But when you pay subscription fee, you want to be sure that everyone around you is equal. Everything around you measures by your skill and time investment. But when someone can buy additional things outside of the game mechanics it is considered as pay to win by me. Because the next step is selling epics for cash, like in every sub pair korean MMO. And this is disgusting for me because I used to love this game and Blizzard as a company who shows how to make the right games and be extremely popular without those stupid p2w economic models.
    This is the best way I have seen this explained. This is my exact feeling on the topic and why I'll probably be leaving the game soon...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know why this was pulled from the shop and you cannot access it in game now?

Good price in my opinion; will discourage people from making too many free Level 90s and thus keep levelling somewhat relevant.

It doesn't really matter anymore SINCE they pulled it from the shops... they are not doing the character boast anymore.. Unless they are waiting till next week to do this... but I read that it should be available after today's reset/patch

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Good price in my opinion; will discourage people from making too many free Level 90s and thus keep levelling somewhat relevant.
    $60
    Free 90s

Wat?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lisavettia View Post
    It doesn't really matter anymore SINCE they pulled it from the shops... they are not doing the character boast anymore.. Unless they are waiting till next week to do this... but I read that it should be available after today's reset/patch
    Doubtful that it will be out before the WoD pre-purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Inb4 WoD will cost 100 dollars cause it includes a 90 boost
    I don't think they will make it too expensive. In fact I'm willing to bet that unlike previous xpacs, you won't need any previous xpac to play WoD. You simply buy it by itself and you can play. Otherwise any new player will want to buy 2 things to really just get 1. It might also be the case that anyone who upgrades instead of buying it standalone gets a free pet as a "Thank you" for purchasing the previous version.

: ( well darn I read that it could be bought after today's reset... Sooo I was all kinds of happy lol I have to many characters and ive been leveling a mage... for 3 months now... don't seem to have the time or FIND the time to level her when I have real life bs along with raiding : )

15+ Year Old Account
    i like boost but at a value price
    Leveling from 1-90 takes ~72 hours.
    As a computer science student in germany i make ~15 dollars/hour.
    So instead of leveling i could make 1080 dollars.
    Or learn
    I dont buy a lvl 90 char, because i have my 2 toons, which i play since 2005 ready for WoD, but the price is from value.
    It's not from value for everbody, but so is a sportcar for 500.000 dollar or a watch for 750.000 dollar.
    Last edited by Florentzia; 2014-02-18 at 07:44 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    $60 seems fair to me really. Even though it's outside of my price range. I wont even buy a full game if its more than $50 let alone a small feature of one.
    Still doesnt matter to me because I have one of each class at 90 already. I'll use my "included with WoD" boost one day I guess but I certainly wont be buying one beyond that.

I agree it's not pocket change, but Blizz ain't stupid, they made it 60 bucks so that ppl aren't gonna just buy characters from now on instead of lvling. If you think it's too expensive, you are one of them. "Ow gee i could use a Mage, to the shop we go!"

Blizz did the right thing.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@