15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Here is the reason:

Battle Chest - $20
    WoD (digital) - $40
    Cost to transfer free 90 from new account to main account - $25
    ------------------------------------
    Total - $85

This service simply allows you to get your 90 without having to go through the hassle of paying to move it to your main account. Essentially, we are getting a price break and their service queue to transfer toons doesn't blow up. This way, you pay for the exact same thing, except it is done in 5 seconds instead of 60 minutes... and you save $25 in the process. Seems pretty level to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I would especially if it could be to finally have my Gnome Druid, Pally, and Shaman.
    Even better version:

Battle Chest - $5 (not counting the free month)
    WoD (digital) - $40
    Cost to Xfer - $25
    (((Free Month - $15)))

Total - $70. Blizzard is giving you a $10 rebate so that they don't have to deal with a shitload of orphaned battle.net accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Meh love them or not, it's price gouging. There's no legitimate reason why it needs to be that expensive.
    Most people's X hours that it takes to get to level 90 is worth more than $60. Even working minimum wage you'd make that in a day's full shift. You certainly wouldn't make it to 90 in that day.

This service of Blizzard's isn't some ethereal unknowable concept. You pay money to save yourself time, that is all. Judging the worth is easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Either I'm missing something with his statement that refers to anything sounding like cheating...I think his point was that for $60 he could buy a game for the same price as purchasing a Lv90 character.
    Are you looking for this sentence?
    I could buy a level boost to 90

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    This is good. It's high enough so that not anyone would pay it and that means you won't see people pay to have 10 chars auto-leveled or something.
    Why would that be a problem? How would you even know? Or is the possibility that it could happen enough to make busybodies like you upset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Even better version:

Battle Chest - $5 (not counting the free month)
    WoD (digital) - $40
    Cost to Xfer - $25
    (((Free Month - $15)))

Total - $70. Blizzard is giving you a $10 rebate so that they don't have to deal with a shitload of orphaned battle.net accounts.
    Yep. Any way you slice it, this price is A LOT kinder than it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Most people's X hours that it takes to get to level 90 is worth more than $60. Even working minimum wage you'd make that in a day's full shift. You certainly wouldn't make it to 90 in that day.

This service of Blizzard's isn't some ethereal unknowable concept. You pay money to save yourself time, that is all. Judging the worth is easy.
    Lol, you say that as if minimum wagers are doing full 9 hour shifts... Good one.

Most people getting minimum wage get less than 25 hours a week unless they have 2 jobs. do the math, thats less than 5 hour days. If they are lucky to get that many hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    We need some sort of way to see if the character has been boosted to 90 through the paid service so we know who to vote kick in our dungeons.

Infracted.
    how on earth is this infractable? because it doesnt support an imaginary in game etiquette. This is not harrasing, this is not trolling(on the forum). This is calling out a major flaw in this system, which is completely overlooked by blizzard because it makes them money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I don't tend to be paid for sitting down and playing games for no one's benefit but my own. That's kind of the issue. You're paying a full game's price for a single character. (Though, I'm not really upset about the price.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimcreaper View Post
    Lol, you say that as if minimum wagers are doing full 9 hour shifts... Good one.

Most people getting minimum wage get less than 25 hours a week unless they have 2 jobs. do the math, thats less than 5 hour days. If they are lucky to get that many hours.
    Who the fuck cares? It doesn't matter how many days their $60 worth of labor are spread out, it's the same number of hours, and that number of hours will never get even the most frantic leveler to 90. Seriously if you're going to reply, please don't miss the point so aggressively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    how on earth is this infractable? because it doesnt support an imaginary in game etiquette. This is not harrasing, this is not trolling(on the forum). This is calling out a major flaw in this system, which is completely overlooked by blizzard because it makes them money.
    That's just how moderation work here. They don't always exercise it but mods in my experience have complete discretion to infract posts they feel are tasteless or outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Most people will drop that on booze for ONE night in a bar. I would rather invest it in a character I will spend hundreds of hours enjoying.
    Hundreds of hours enjoying? If they offered heroic raid gear for $$ I'm guessing you'd buy that too... you know, so you could enjoy your character for hundreds of hours.... doing, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Going to assume that you're going to condone anyone who decides to pay $60 for a level 90 character as a "cheater" then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I don't tend to be paid for sitting down and playing games for no one's benefit but my own. That's kind of the issue. You're paying a full game's price for a single character. (Though, I'm not really upset about the price.)
    That's irrelevant to pricing the $60 boost service. Comparing it to the price of a full game is a separate matter. $60 to save X hours of levelling is still a damn good deal IMO, even if there is an unquestionably better offer (buying a full new game) out there.

I did this in another thread. Check out the following math:

Without heirlooms but having guild xp boost, what's the average time to go 1-90? No, don't get all epeen about this, what's the AVERAGE time for the TYPICAL player? Let's leave out professions, as we'll define WoW's Main Story as getting your character maxed. The answer (using threads like http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5493111009 as data) is about 4-8 days (100-200 hours) play-time. Let's average to 150 hours.

How many months is that for a typical player? Let's round to two. Two months to go 1-90 seems right, especially for an average player's first or second toon. Two months is $30 of subscription.

They are charging $60 for the instant 90, but saving you the time it takes to level. Is the extra $30 worth having it instantly?

I think they overshot it a little. Perhaps it's because this gives you a max level toon right now. In WoD, they will likely lower that price, since you will still have to level the other 10 levels. Even if they don't lower it, I bet they will bundle the character boost with the expansion and only add $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    That is a part of a sentence and it still does not say what you are claiming he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you want to boost a server full of characters it should cost a fair bit of money. Anything less than $50 per character would have been too cheap if you compare it to their other services. Look at it like realm xfer + faction change without ever having to level the character. Easily worth the extra couple of bucks.
    Your opinions about how much it "should cost" to boost a server full of characters are completely arbitrary, I hope you realize that.

It's high so that people who can pay more will (like when dvds were 20-30 on release.. who the hell pays that?).

Happens with everything, Id imagine within a year or so it'll be around 40.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    I did this in another thread. Check out the following math:

Without heirlooms but having guild xp boost, what's the average time to go 1-90? No, don't get all epeen about this, what's the AVERAGE time for the TYPICAL player? Let's leave out professions, as we'll define WoW's Main Story as getting your character maxed. The answer (using threads like http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5493111009 as data) is about 4-8 days (100-200 hours) play-time. Let's average to 150 hours.

How many months is that for a typical player? Let's round to two. Two months to go 1-90 seems right, especially for an average player's first or second toon. Two months is $30 of subscription.

They are charging $60 for the instant 90, but saving you the time it takes to level. Is the extra $30 worth having it instantly?

I think they overshot it a little. Perhaps it's because this gives you a max level toon right now. In WoD, they will likely lower that price, since you will still have to level the other 10 levels. Even if they don't lower it, I bet they will bundle the character boost with the expansion and only add $30.
    $60 to save 150 hours is overpriced? Is your time not even worth 40 cents an hour? If that's the case I have some sweatshops you can apply to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    It's infractable because it is essentially flaming. The comment is really just intended to spark an argument about the service rather than provide valid discussion. That suggestion is not MMO friendly. In fact, it could spark a relation to another situation explained in Godwin's Law.

On Topic: I think the service is OPTIONAL and people who choose not to participate should have no personal knowledge of those who do. If someone volunteers the information, that is one thing. I have a 90, in raid gear, leveled solely on pet battles. Would not even know it if I didn't say it out loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Going to assume that you're going to condone anyone who decides to pay $60 for a level 90 character as a "cheater" then.
    Well.. uhm... yes.
    How else can you call them?

In old good days you typed iddqd or sv_cheats 1 to cheat.
    Nowadays you type your credit card number.

But the result is the same - you did not earn what you got in the game, you are not playing it fair, your are a dirty cheater and I don't want to know you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Hundreds of hours enjoying? If they offered heroic raid gear for $$ I'm guessing you'd buy that too... you know, so you could enjoy your character for hundreds of hours.... doing, I'm not sure.
    If they offered gear, absolutely. Then I could spend more time doing the things I want to do and less time farming gear in a video game. Gear is not even the purpose of the dungeon/raid. So yeah, if they sold LFR gear, I would absolutely purchase it.