Page 1 of 79
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Reason's behind disgust at 60$ for level 90 chars

The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.

i think it should have been around the $600 mark.

I would say it's a very good price. It will keep MOST people from just using it to buy a 90 of every class.

I find it a massive step down a horrible slippery slope.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth this sort of thing on a sub based game

Honestly think people are just mad they can't afford it. Sucks for them.

$60 feels pretty expensive for a level 90. Think about what $60 could get you elsewhere? I don't disagree with the price, but I personally thought it'd be closer to $30 / $40 which would also make it more accessible.

Deleted
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.

Deleted
    glad it's 60 bucks, that makes purchasing a 90 non-trivial.
    I would rather level my characters but that's just me.

if you would rather have a 90 right away that is fine, if you look at leveling a character as "work" you would need to spend many hours "working" to make it into a 90, whereas even with a minimum wage job you can earn 60 bucks in about 9 hours, you can't get a level 90 in 9 hours played time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    I don't like the idea of buying a 90, but tbh it's not buying your way to the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    $60 feels pretty expensive for a level 90. Think about what $60 could get you elsewhere? I don't disagree with the price, but I personally thought it'd be closer to $30 / $40 which would also make it more accessible.
    The point is to to save people the trouble of making another account just to xfer over a free 90. Do people not understand this? The price is meant to be slightly less to stop people doing this and likely as a deterrent to stop people just up and making 90s whenever they want. Guess we will see if they stick to their guns or cave to all the outrage.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are disgusted because they wanted it to be much cheaper.

I for one am glad they set it at this price. $75 would have been even better.

$60 bucks is the price of a brand new game - it's as simple as that

I do not think instantly leveling my bankalt to 90 provides me as much content as Skyrim, or GTAV, or any brand new-game at $60 today.

PS. we really don't need another thread about this subject.

90 won't be the finish when this becomes widely used/available. It's meant for WoD, not MoP.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I could sell you a trophy that says "X has won at World of Warcraft" for 800$. It's your call.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not supposed to be super accessible. It's not supposed to be mandatory, it's not supposed to be for everyone. It's there as an option for people who want it. It's not pay2win, because you're not winning anything and you get no advantage. You just get to skip 90 levels of pre-game to get to the actual game.

What $60 can get you elsewhere varies wildly. You could get an 8 hour romp in Assassin's Creed, you could get countless hours in a competitive FPS/Fighting Game/RTS/etc, or you could save dozens of hours leveling yet another alt.

If you don't like it, don't use it. But also don't whine about it. If you use it, you benefit from it. If you don't use it, it has no impact on you. No reason to act outraged over something trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I do not think instantly leveling my bankalt to 90 provides me as much content as Skyrim, or GTAV, or any brand new-game at $60 today.

Way to cherry pick. So you picked $60 games with lots of content and used a bank alt as an example. Now use other $60 games like BioShock, Assassin's Creed, etc that get you 10-12 hours of gameplay. And use a character that you actually want to play but don't want to spend dozens of hours doing the leveling content again. If it's not worth it for you don't use it. If it is, do.

I could see this all being a "plan" to inflate sub numbers. Once WoD does come, it will be $40. Battle chest stuff is $20 when on sale. So you can get a whole new account with a new 90 on it for the same price as adding just a 90 to your current account.

I also agree with the posters who say it is a slippery slop. To me, this is P2W. Other's seem to think its not but it's really close for them. WoW is P2W in my eyes now and I'm annoyed by it. Anything that saves time in an MMORPG makes it P2W as time is the only limiting factor most of the time.

Poor people gonna be poor, and mad. The only reason people would be mad at this price. It's reasonably expensive to curb abuse of the mechanic yet cheap enough that it's obtainable if you find value in not having to grind out 90 levels again.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level 90's the finish next expansion you say? Any less than $60 would greatly devalue all those who got to 90 in Mists and actually played the game. And if you want to talk about a real finish like having a geared 90 for $60 that could go for $100s on ebay to compare market value to the actual service.

My $100s number is just an estimate, but I know you could sell a moderately geared 70 in BC for $400 or more. Yes I know that's not allowed, but we all know if there's a will...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Then don't do it. Pretty simple.

To me, it's a fair price. Not only will it encourage people to use their free level 90 boost very wisely, but it will also discourage people from spending too much money; particularly during the likes of this Valentine's event where more Level 89s/90s means more chances for things like the mount. It should be a careful and considered decision, rather than a dime a dozen.

I love that Blizzard set it so high. It's like they're trying to see how many suckers are willing to pay such a ridiculous price for something they could easily achieve in a week of fairly casual play.