Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't really think 60$ of steam games would last a year.
    Depends on what you get in a nut shell. For the longest time I played Skyrim on the 360, since at the time my computer wasn't up to snuff to be running the game, but when I finally got it and then let alone the large amounts of user based content people made for it, I still play it today. Consider it very similar to SC2 and the large amounts of user made content.

In no way am I stating though that the already hundreds of games I have on Steam already are played every year, but being someone who plays multiple things besides WoW it is always nice to run into something fresh and new, let alone the awesome rise to indie games. I still play Super Meat Boy, Fez, and Hotline Miami.

Sorry to go off topic though.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    and your efforts to make it seem otherwise to sound smart are only making you look like a fool.
    So let me get this straight...logical responses that disagree with you are suddenly 'attempts to sound smart'. Did they have a pot clearance without a kettle sale in your local market? And a tossed in ad hominem. How classy!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Can you link to a thread of another company being crucified for doing this?
    Visceral Games/EA with Dead Space 3 seems where it all started, the moment they announced microtransactions for their game is where hell broke loose. The game is exactly a year old by now so I'm not feeling like digging into old threads, you can easily do that yourself.

Am I making thing up ''like usual''? Do you know me? Please tell me your not stalking me or anything, I already avoid using avatars for these kind of things...

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Paying the full price of a brand new game to not play a game you pay a sub for.
    What's really sad is that NOBODY else is seeing or saying this - probably because they're afraid to admit how true that is. >_<

While I have NO problem with the 90 boost for others as theoretically many might have already seen that quest content before, but I have EVERY problem when Blizz rips off other people with a charge of the price of a full brand-new game for what should simply amount to the same level of a character re-adjustment or transfer price! >_<

Deleted
    As someone against the boost I thought 40 USD would be the norm. I find the new price rather interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What's really sad is that NOBODY else is seeing or saying this - probably because they're afraid to admit how true that is. >_<
    While I'm not satisfied with the price of their services, it's a fallacy to think that leveling is the only content that matters. For many people it is the end game content, which is what Blizzard excels and focuses on, that matters. They are paying extra to play only the parts of the game they enjoy. That's not exactly how you're painting it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If 150 hours of product that is supposed to provide enjoyment is not worth playing then why is it worth paying for? Let alone paying a $60 premium not to play it?
    Obviously people who don't enjoy leveling still level because it's worth it to reach end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    If you actually followed my posts on the matter, though admittedly hard in such a thread, it's actually not 'only over priced if people aren't paying for it'. Something is over priced when it exceeds the typical market price of the same goods relative to the value. Personal value is debatable. Value in the scheme of similar offerings (account services) is not debatable. They may be the first to provide this specific service, but it's not incomparable to all account services. Some of which, I might add, are free of charge in other MMOs.
    Other MMOs don't really matter in this discussion. Apple can charge more for their computers than Dell, or the general price it would take to build your own rig. That doesn't necessarily mean its over priced. People still pay it, because they value the brand name or have loyalty or whatever it is. GW2 Might send you a gold brick every time you buy the base game, but that doesn't mean Blizzard should.

If you value the other games "boost" services more than Blizzards, you are free to play that game. Thats fair imo.

So let me get this straight...logical responses that disagree with you are suddenly 'attempts to sound smart'. Did they have a pot clearance without a kettle sale in your local market? And a tossed in ad hominem. How classy!
    If this is your idea of a logical response then I think your posts can speak for themselves at this point, lol.

Everyone is so worked up its hilarious reading through all these pages. These little one on one arguments people have keep me entertained.

No one is right or wrong here. It's funny reading all these crazy analogies/expressions people are using to prove they are right.

I think $60 for service that isn't mandatory is nice to have. At the end of the day Blizzard knows what it's doing as much as people would disagree with that.

While I'm not satisfied with the price of their services, it's a fallacy to think that leveling is the only content that matters. For many people it is the end game content, which is what Blizzard excels and focuses on, that matters. They are paying extra to play only the parts of the game they enjoy. That's not exactly how you're painting it.
    In which case those that enjoy only the parts that Blizzard excel at and focus on should not be forced to endure parts of the game that Blizzard do not focus on or pay extra to skip it.

The second they decided to give every account a free level 90 boost, they had to acknowledge the fact that people would use this system to buy as many level 90s as they wanted to using fresh game keys and account transfers. The paid boost is that acknowledgement. The price tag is actually a bit cheaper than that whole rigamarole. So why is the one way - the SoR way, acceptable, but the option to just streamline the process and save a little money a travesty of justice? I suspect that people think the extra green was going toward some sort of warm fuzzy "sticking it to the Man" feeling they got from going outside the system. Which frankly is ridiculous, the money was always going to the Man.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2014-02-18 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Basically Magpai's point is, "well if I don't think it's a big deal, pay to win is alright".
    Lol I love the impunity with which you put words in my mouth. "I'm straw manning and no one can stop me!"

Obviously people who don't enjoy leveling still level because it's worth it to reach end game content.
    Or do they just quit game?

While I have NO problem with the 90 boost for others as theoretically many might have already seen that quest content before, but I have EVERY problem when Blizz rips off other people with a charge of the price of a full brand-new game for what should simply amount to the same level of a character re-adjustment or transfer price! >_<
    Inevitably this is the reason why I myself won't be doing it. Obviously I don't condone anyone who does, because yet again it's your money to use what you want with. With me though it's contradicting why I play this game which is spending $60 on a product that may or may not be hit or miss. I pay my monthly fee of $15 and expect content to be added in the game to give me a reason to continue playing it. Let alone paying $60 to bypass said content means, at least in my eyes, lessons that value of $15 of it's time I'm not investing into the game.

For example. I've been playing the living hell out of the Titanfall beta and have already sunk hours into a beta, and I'll more then likely buy it since I know I'll more then likely continue playing it throughout the year. So to me, that's $60 worth spending on, or even looking last year buying Last of Us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yet all of these things are NOT 'pay to win' because they give no reasonable advantage.
    If there is no advantage then there is no reason to buy it and the problem does not exist.

When he suggested sales, yes they would. Hell man, they had Witcher 2 for 6 bucks during one of those sales. That's less than the price of a movie ticket!
    Movie tickets don't matter here. I would challenge you to quit ALL your current games now (including now) and have plenty of fun on ONLY steam games with a budget of 60$ totalling for the year. Do you think you could do that? How much time do you think you'd get out of Witcher 2? It leaves you with 54$.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    This is correct, but it does not work like that for multiplayer games.
    Using your logic you can meet an overpowered player in arena that will insta kill you and you just "stop obsessing over what other people are doing with their time and money and game experience".
    You don't see how this is an invalid comparison? In your example, it's a competition. Leveling is not. Explain how someone reaching level 90 faster affects your personal gameplay. I'll be happy to explain how it does in your example in return if you need me to.

Lol I love the impunity with which you put words in my mouth. "I'm straw manning and no one can stop me!"
    I dunno... how about putting some logic into your responses then, so others don't have to fill them in for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Depends on what you get in a nut shell. For the longest time I played Skyrim on the 360, since at the time my computer wasn't up to snuff to be running the game, but when I finally got it and then let alone the large amounts of user based content people made for it, I still play it today. Consider it very similar to SC2 and the large amounts of user made content.

In no way am I stating though that the already hundreds of games I have on Steam already are played every year, but being someone who plays multiple things besides WoW it is always nice to run into something fresh and new, let alone the awesome rise to indie games. I still play Super Meat Boy, Fez, and Hotline Miami.

Sorry to go off topic though.
    Yeah it depends, I just don't think it would be likely. I played the shot out of Skyrim and SC2 as well, but I played other games. I think on steam the legendary edition is aorund 50$.. do you think you could play only that for a year?