Deleted
    So I guess its safe to say we will eventually get sub races?
    Bloody top notch work Shoc, love em

Sub races I would play in a heartbeat:
    Wildhammer Shaman
    Dark Iron Hunter/Fire mage
    Dragonmaw Warrior
    Mechagnome Warrior Engineer
    Ice Troll Frost Mage/Frost Death Knight

Shit would be too awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Here it is!
    Wow shoc, that was fast!

They look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    They really don't give me much hope that Blizzard is going to do much to change the NE or BE models. That being said, I've always considered the female orc models to be one of the better ones, in terms of capturing the concept art of the race/gender combo.
    I suspect BE will just look like a better version of current. NE I'm expecting a heavy overhaul on the level of say human female. That model is one of the oldest in the game and personally I find it disgusting. Saw my female NE bouncing the other day and thought about how incredibly simplistic the animation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think Night Elf females are fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking beautiful.
    Eh, I've never been happy with the way mine looks. Beauty is not even the issue, the model is just ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Question:

Chris's answer:

A part of my hopes shattered.
    That said, we’ve also read your great ideas and feedback about features that you’d like to see as character customization options. Your collective voice matters to us, and we’d love to bring some of the coolest ideas to life someday if we can. We’ll continue to share behind-the-scenes information with you in these Artcraft pieces, and I look forward to giving you more insight into our plans for character models beyond the initial release of Warlords of Draenor.
    I think that sums it up. They'd love to do more, but not right now. Fingers crossed we'll see more after the current model revamp goes live.

IMO, be careful of reading into his posts what you want to see.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-02-19 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    Bloody top notch work Shoc, love em

Sub races I would play in a heartbeat:
    Wildhammer Shaman
    Dark Iron Hunter/Fire mage
    Dragonmaw Warrior
    Mechagnome Warrior Engineer
    Ice Troll Frost Mage/Frost Death Knight

Shit would be too awesome
    Here's to hoping! They've said that they too are interested in the concept of playable sub-races as well but they want to make sure the normal races are 100% perfect before moving on to other ventures ;p If we could get them as a feature in a future patch I would be more than ecstatic!
    You just lost The Game

P.S. I love the animations, especially the kissy face up the top.

Or is it halfway through a sneeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    I don't think it's safe to say that.

I think you can say we MIGHT.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-02-19 at 11:33 PM.

I need forest troll

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I need night elf female XD if they look amazing i will switch to alliance
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't. I just think using that old statement that Blizzard made against them every time is passive aggressive. It's really not cool to see people use that against them as if it's ammo.
    Like "...You didn't build that..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I need forest troll
    Since the Revantusk Tribe is already in the Horde, I don't see why not
    You just lost The Game

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "We’re still ironing out the fine details, so the art you see here is subject to change, but I’ll let Senior 3D Artist Dusty Nolting and Lead Animator Steve Aguilar expand a bit on where we currently are with our green-skinned . . . oh wait, green and brown-skinned, long-tusked heroine."

Sounds like a hint that sub-races will be released with WoD to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    "We’re still ironing out the fine details, so the art you see here is subject to change, but I’ll let Senior 3D Artist Dusty Nolting and Lead Animator Steve Aguilar expand a bit on where we currently are with our green-skinned . . . oh wait, green and brown-skinned, long-tusked heroine."

Sounds like a hint that sub-races will be released with WoD to me.
    A few Blue posters have said that it's not the case, but they haven't shot it down completely, in fact sub-races are something they are really interested in doing once they are finished with the model revamp.
    You just lost The Game

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few Blue posters have said that it's not the case, but they haven't shot it down completely, in fact sub-races are something they are really interested in doing once they are finished with the model revamp.
    I think it could be a surprise that they aren't willing to admit to yet.

Seems to me like if they are going to ever do it, now would have to be the time. I don't see them doing remakes again after this.

Here it is!
    This is pretty well done, even got tattoos already.

I am definitely making my orc a Mag'har if this is any indication of how they'll look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you make a Fel Female Orc?
    I would like to see one now. :P
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Can you make a Fel Female Orc?
    I would like to see one now. :P
    Made one a few hours ago

You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Made one a few hours ago

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YeAnGad.jpg[IMG]
    More like your standing up thing.
    Like the regular, Mag'har Orc, Death Knight skin, and the Dragonmaw Orc.

Any chance for lore to have Female Fel Orcs?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Bhahahawahaha. That's hilarious. You are a legend.
    Bless your beard. /bow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    The awkwardness and stiffness in the male models and the bounciness of the female ones. The casting animations for male NEs are hideous. I bet if Blizzard were to conduct research on how many male NE are played relative to females, particularly for casters, it'd be a slither. Maybe they already have done so.
    I love the male nelf, they just need their stiffness adjusted and their distribution of weight/center of gravity tweaked. Which we've seen them do now with every new model, ESPECIALLY dwarves. So I don't get your trepidation. I also don't get why everyone and their mother hates any casting animations, let alone the Night Elf one most of all. What is the scale of reference you people use for casting quality? I mean, how many ways can a being channel their focus into energy in their hands? And why does it look bad or good?

Concerning the weight distribution, I first noticed what a radical difference is made in their model when they created the map opening animation.

Seeing my Night Elf spread his feat slightly apart and tilt his head and arms naturally in an asymmetrical pose with a center of gravity that made sense brought him to life in a new way for me. And he looks funny reading with a blind fold on. Also, if you have a cape showing, and sit in a chair while reading, it looks like you have your pants down around your ankles while squatting on a toilet reading the newspaper. Specifically the mushroom stool you can summon from the Firelands. Yes, I am that juvenile.

The first time my nelf warrior cast hearthstone in 2004, I was like "WOW COOL! LOOK AT THOSE LITTLE LEAVES FLOATING AROUND MA HANDZ!!!! and I liked how he was like focusing a ball of energy down in front of his face ready to release it.

I see people making so many annoyed opinions over casting animations and I just don't get it. Some look cooler than others but they all look like someone is casting a spell to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Though the "No announcements (:" sounds a little teasy to me. He knows very well that sub-race skins is something we would kill for, but he's made it clear that they want to make sure they get the base models 100% right before they move on with other stuff. Let's see what they have to say once the model revamp is complete (:
    He also mentioned he can't wait to show us the things they are ADDING AFTER RELEASE in WOD's lifetime. I wonder what that could be, hmmmmm. Either new hair/tats, new ethnic sub race skins, or tweaked body types like orc backs, or a little of all. What else do we ask for all the time?

That said, we’ve also read your great ideas and feedback about features that you’d like to see as character customization options. Your collective voice matters to us, and we’d love to bring some of the coolest ideas to life someday if we can. We’ll continue to share behind-the-scenes information with you in these Artcraft pieces, and I look forward to giving you more insight into our plans for character models beyond the initial release of Warlords of Draenor.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-20 at 04:03 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Since the Revantusk Tribe is already in the Horde, I don't see why not
    I forgot they use the Amani model.

Man so many old Troll areas are going to look better when they revamp the troll model.

They said character customisation options are something they're interested in doing, not sub-races specifically.

No I didn't. I just think using that old statement that Blizzard made against them every time is passive aggressive. It's really not cool to see people use that against them as if it's ammo.
    Bless you for seeing past these context games, it's a plague on our culture next to fallacy being accepted even in presidential debates.
    There's a lot more to it than "a new raid", and it's just used to fuel flippant bitter passive aggressive quips now the majority of the time it's cited. A blue even had to come out and clarify what it meant because of the paradoxical way the fanbase takes everything as literally as possible to a fault, while twisting context into something as sinister as possible to a fault.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    More like your standing up thing.
    Like the regular, Mag'har Orc, Death Knight skin, and the Dragonmaw Orc.

Any chance for lore to have Female Fel Orcs?
    Lorewise I think there's no reason for there not to be females, probably just didn't want to make a female model.

Until this very moment it never occurred to me that the Fel Orcs in Outland are all male.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch. Beta's gonna hit and we're all going to be picking our jaws up off the floor at the customization options available--face paint, scars, beards, jewelery, tats, subraces.

Okay, maybe not that much, but right now I'm putting my money on at least the Wildhammer dwarves and Mag'har orcs available as skin options.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!