Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Let me get this straight... - Level 90 Boosts

First people complain about it being p2w and now people think it's too expensive? What? Seriously it affects you HOW?

Stop being up in arms about this, it isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeplant View Post
    First people complain about it being p2w and now people think it's too expensive? What? Seriously it affects you HOW?

Different ppl complaining about the one thing and different ppl complaining about the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeplant View Post

It affects me because now there's going to be a bunch of people playing at 90 who have no idea how to play. It affects me because they made it too expensive for me to enjoy. It affects me because my friends who were thinking about coming back for this think it's too expensive, too. Thanks for making a new thread about this. You have SO MUCH to contribute.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-02-20 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Its p2w. The price doesnt matter.
    Low price = bad bcus game will lose quality, overflood of noobs etc.
    high price = only rich ppl will afford, making it a class issue, having many alts will be an elitist thing ,causing rifts in the community.

P2W is always bad. Wow is doomed to fail now that it is fully p2w.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post

In-game cursor is now magnetized and will now slowly move towards the "shop" button if you are afk for more than 5 minutes
    "Loyalty" bundle programs now allow you to automatically purchase new mounts on a recurring basis at 15% off
    Just wait until system messages come flashing across your screen and chatbox a la Cryptic: Fangry has unlocked a Blizzard Store Wingding!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    But if it was cheaper, wouldn't that attract more people to purchase it, thus making your first complaint even worse? The more expensive the better, I say. I'd rather not have it so cheap that every time people want a new character they just go buy one.
    Personally my only problem with the boost is this, I do think it should be slightly cheaper probably right around $45 because If I am being honest $60 is the price of a brand new AAA game and I even understand to a point that you are getting a lot of game for that level 90 to play around in old dungeons and raids as well as new ones at level 100 and on top of that they want you to view this as something that is not for everyone past your first free one.

However I just feel that it almost seems like blizzard doesn't remember on top of all the service fees and cash shop mounts,pets,items and so on that all of us still pay them $15 dollars a month. I think $45 would be a good price point. Not so low that everyone skips all of the content, not so high that it's a full game.
    Last edited by Gorthezar; 2014-02-20 at 06:08 AM.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    It affects me because now there's going to be a bunch of people playing at 90 who have no idea how to play. It affects me because they made it too expensive for me to enjoy. It affects me because my friends who were thinking about coming back for this think it's too expensive, too. Thanks for making a new thread about this. You have SO MUCH to contribute.
    People suck anyway. This will change nothing.

Your friends get one free 90 still anyway for buying WoD, so that is not a legitimate complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Low price = bad bcus game will lose quality, overflood of noobs etc.
    high price = only rich ppl will afford, making it a class issue, having many alts will be an elitist thing ,causing rifts in the community.

What in the holy fuck. This is not even remotely P2W.

Lets go down the list shall we..

1) A bunch of 90s that don't know what they're doing.

First off, it's starting out at 90 in a game that's max level is 100. They have 10 levels of quests and dungeons to teach them, they already have refer a friend that lets you bypass the majority of content. No change.

2) Too expensive for you to enjoy.

It's an optional service, deal with it.

3) Friends coming back think it's too expensive.

They're buying Draenor, they get a free 90, issue fixed.

Omg Becky like get these newbies away. They are like crawling everywhere.

There are plenty of 90s now who do not know how to play. Leveling to 90 with archy and pet battles is easy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    There are plenty of 90s now who do not know how to play. Leveling to 90 with archy and pet battles is easy
    Precisely this 100% there are a lot of people in game who have no idea what they are doing and leveled from 1 to 90, and not to forget leveling via mining and herbalism too.

This viewpoint completely merits a new thread.

The only flaw in this logic being the fact it's not P2W.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The only flaw in this logic being the fact it's not P2W.
    It is if you define reaching max level as a major stepping stone towards the final goal in the game.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It affects me because now there's going to be a bunch of people playing at 90 who have no idea how to play. It affects me because my friends who were thinking about coming back for this think it's too expensive, too. Thanks for making a new thread about this. You have SO MUCH to contribute.
    First of all have you ever done an LFR? there are no boosts now and half the community still has no idea what they are doing, boosts won't change the fact that terribads will be terribad. Second of all, for your "friends coming back", you do realise you still get a free 90 with WoD right?

I hope mods start closing/locking all the threads with the keyword "Boost" and "90" in them.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    We don't need a new thread about this

10+ Year Old Account
    60 dollars is just to much for me.. i can buy like 3-4 games for that price on steam.. or about 10 humble bundles..
    I don't get it though i really don't its such a high price i cant imagine blizzard did it for nothing else then their own back pocket while the amount of effort to build such a system is very small.. Not even the D3 stuff made me lose respect for blizzard, but making a service like this priced anywhere about 25, has made me lose quite a lot of respect towards them. Blizzard is out of touch if they think paying for one character the same amount as a new console game is reasonable..

And saying they are doing it to prevent everybody from having the opportunity is bull..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It is if you define reaching max level as a major stepping stone towards the final goal in the game.
    It's absolutely not P2W, purchasing additional 90 boosts will not be available until WoD is released, only the free 90 will be available upon your prepurchase. So buying level 90's will put you at max level of the PREVIOUS expansion. Old content that will be irrelevant. The doomsayers for P2W in WoW have no grounds for their argument using this as evidence, as all it does is set you at a level to start new content rather than fast track you all the way to end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    But you can't win by just being level 90.