Deleted

WARLOCK keybinds

how many keybinds do you need to play a warlock in pvp im intrested in caster classes but never really played them ive been melee since classic warrior and dk ofc dk since wrath.

Deleted
    I have 40+, works fine with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modifiers included I'm sitting on ~120 but unless you plan to play at 2.6k+ rating you'll do just fine with a lot less. I'd say 25 is the absolute minimum if you want to play somewhat good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Modifiers included I'm sitting on ~120 but unless you plan to play at 2.6k+ rating you'll do just fine with a lot less. I'd say 25 is the absolute minimum if you want to play somewhat good.
    i dnt play wow for ratings anyway so that doesnt bother me but since ive played melee since classic im kinda afraid to pay or even waste my free 90 on a caster as its a playstyle ive never played the only other melee i havnt tried is monk, as u said you can do ok with 25+ binds on a lock what aobut monk cos id proly feel more at home with a monk than a warlock i just like to know

Deleted
    Wth, 120? Thats 10 bars fully keybinded keybinded. A bit overkill imo

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    Focus, arena and party macros; PvP requires a lot of binds.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-02-22 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    what about monks any advice o nwhat i said before this post please thanks

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, with the amount of dumbing down they appear to be doing through cutting spells we'll probably be able to fit whatever you need on a scroll wheel plus maybe a couple of modifiers.

Deleted
    i think i might roll a mopnk just cos im used to melee and i like pandaren females and warlocks cant be pandarens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    I think you missed the keyword: modifier.
    My fear macro for example:
    -no modifier with mouseover: fear mouseover
    -no modifier without mouseover: fear target
    -shift: fear focus
    -ctrl: assist party 2 and fear
    -alt: assist party 3 and fear

That's 5 different actions in 1 macro, 4 different key combinations (not counting mouseover).

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    what about monks any advice o nwhat i said before this post please thanks
    I'd say about the same, I don't think there's any spec (that's not completely broken) you can play anything decent with less than 20 binds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Focus, arena and party macros; PvP requires a lot of binds.
    So to what buttons do you bind these? I already think 123 is too far away for often used binds. I dont use any arena binds just because I feel I dont have any room left.
    I use a mouse with 2 extra side buttons and an ordinary keyboard

Deleted
    I think if you play a caster you will kinda suck at melee and vice versa unless you play a hybrid class like a shaman or druid that can do both

I think if you play a caster you will kinda suck at melee and vice versa unless you play a hybrid class like a shaman or druid that can do both
    If you don't suck, then you can play any class. Regardless of caster or melee, it's not rocket science.

That's like 20 buttons per modifier. Assuming you user no modifier, shift, ctrl, alt, shift+ctrl, shift+alt, then there's still mouse over. To the OP you will never need this many buttons, if you hop on twitch tv you can watch 2700-3k rated locks who use like 1/2 of the buttons as this guy, and can probably pick up better info than you will on any forum just by watching. P.S. the streamers tend to have all there macros in a beautiful list, armory for gem's, enchants, reforges, I would suggest watching them.

Deleted
    mod do you have this keyboard :P

10+ Year Old Account
    mod do you have this keyboard :P
    Your image doesn't work, I use a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    That's like 20 buttons per modifier. Assuming you user no modifier, shift, ctrl, alt, shift+ctrl, shift+alt, then there's still mouse over. To the OP you will never need this many buttons, if you hop on twitch tv you can watch 2700-3k rated locks who use like 1/2 of the buttons as this guy, and can probably pick up better info than you will on any forum just by watching. P.S. the streamers tend to have all there macros in a beautiful list, armory for gem's, enchants, reforges, I would suggest watching them.
    Sure it is possible to go with a lot less binds than me, but it means it will also take more actions to get stuff done. I use my modifiers to target swap where as a lot of other players use a separate button for it. That alone can easily make a difference of ~60 possible combinations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock is a lot of fun. You should go for it. Druid is my main because I enjoy the ability to stealth in cat form. But Warlock is my 2nd and the day Night Elf can be a Warlock I'll make it my # 1 and never look back. Why Night Elf? Would seam fun to Dot.. Dot.. Dot.. Shadowmeld.

Your image doesn't work, I use a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013.

Sure it is possible to go with a lot less binds than me, but it means it will also take more actions to get stuff done. I use my modifiers to target swap where as a lot of other players use a separate button for it. That alone can easily make a difference of ~60 possible combinations.
    Post a picture of your UI ? Y U NO make sticky guide on binds?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne