Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    @Marest, didn't make the desk spotless/clean this time? Looks nice, though the LED's would bug me out.
    Well, there was a trend a while back where people posted their desks as they look "right now". Thought I'd join in ^^
    And the LEDs are RBG and can of course be turned off. I actually like the red light during the night (when it gets really dark) but find white or blue to be better when gaming (e.g. BF4).

I also like the little directory "stuff" where he dumped his entire desktop in.
    Ssch! That's how I "clean" my desktop.

My First build... need suggestions

Hi, I'm new to this forum but i really like everything y'all do and all the help y'all provide so i figured i would take some pictures and ask for some pointers. I'm a college student and so I kinda just build as I can afford. Unfortunately this results in a lot of mismatched components and nothing that is of the same brand. This is my first build ever and the last component that I need is a decent video card on a college student budget. I have pictures and I will also post specific pieces below.

MB- ASUS F2 A85-V Pro
    Processor- AMD A10 6800K 4.4 Ghz
    cpu cooler- Hyper 212 Evo
    Ram- Patriot viper extreme 1600 mhz 16Gb X2
    1 Tb seagate barracuda
    120 Gb kingston ssdnow 300
    coolermaster sickleflow 120 X3
    Coolermaster Jetflow 120
    NZXT FZ 140mm
    antec 80mm

I've done the best I can with cable management. This case doesn't really have a lot of options.

Thank you in advance for any help, i'm looking for any and all advice (especially on GPU's)

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxTroupexx View Post

Thank you in advance for any help, i'm looking for any and all advice (especially on GPU's)
    GTX 7XX is a solid choice imo

edit: the small fan infront of your psu makes no sense to me its not even filtered as far as i can tell, which is bad. also 750 watts seems a bit excessive for that kind of rig.
    Last edited by mmocc699543fbd; 2014-02-22 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Inside my computer (not the best image...but it's a 780ti with two 120gb SSDs I got on sale and 8gb ram, water cooled).

I plan on getting it off the floor soon, I just don't have much room. I'm on a temporary desk in a temporary location. Yes I started painting the walls purple. I can't stand white, and always need purple, pink or yellow walls.

My desk! That cat is Andraste, Bride of the Maker. She likes to play with the mouse I won at Blizzcon.

My cats. They're cute and very much part of my gaming setup. I may or may not be playing ESO in the background. *whistle*

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh by the way, the tabby is named 'Kyo'. I highly recommend it... you can do so much with that name! We call him Kyoseph Smith, Kyobama, Kyosama bin Laden, Kyolo Swag, Kyoda, etc. Kyo also means 'gay' in Al Bhed.

Not the best picture but you get the idea. Tried a few times and the led on the pump keeps coming out pink and I didn't feel like editing it

CASE~Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (CC-9011030-WW) Black Steel / Plastic ATX High Airflow Cube Case
    CPU~Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor @4.6Ghz 1.25v
    MOBO~ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    RAM~CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 XMP
    GPU~ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 X2 @ 1260Mhz core and ram @ 7350Mhz
    SSD~Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III for OS and some programs a SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for games. (have random hdds of varying sizes that I use in the hot swaps until I get my dual 4tb drives).
    PSU~CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750 (CMPSU-750AX) 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    CPU COOLER~CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler
    ROM~Samsung DVD+RW Optical Drive SH-S223L/BEBS
    COOLER/CASE FANS~Corsair Air Series SP120 (CO-9050014-WW) 120mm PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan (Twin Pack) X2 and 3 Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition CO-9050009-WW 140mm High Airflow Case Fan to replace the front 2 and rear exhaust fans.
    MONITORS~Main monitor is the BenQ XL2420TE 144Hz, 1ms High Performance 24-Inch Professional Gaming Monitor with my older one becoming my secondary display, the Asus VE248H Black 24" 2ms Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD
    HEADPHONES~Razer Kraken PRO Over Ear PC and Music Headset - Black
    KEYBOARD~Razer BlackWidow Mechanical PC Gaming Keyboard – Cherry MX Blue
    MOUSE~Logitech G500 10 Buttons Dual-mode Scroll Wheel USB Wired Laser 5700 dpi Gaming Mouse
    MOUSE PAD~Razer Sphex Gaming Grade Desktop Skin
    Last edited by aggs; 2014-02-22 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the ASUS GTX770 also droops like crazy..

Yeah definitely a bit frustrated with that but they perform quite well and still look sexy

15+ Year Old Account
    That looks extremely sleek and clean. I actually drooled a little when seeing that. Although I'm not a big fan of that case from the outside (inside still looks nice).

Yeah it is love/hate case for a lot of people. It is very good on direct airflow due to the layout of it though and I LOVE having the psu behind and hidden as it is one of the things I hate about dealing with on standard layout builds, and makes it so easy to make an incredibly clean build.

Deleted
    I love the Air 540, same one i use myself. I got some purple LED's to light up the inside of the case so i can enjoy the window.

What fans are those? White rings really look good with your other parts. I think i might have to go a close loop CPU cooler...

Also dat white wire sleeving? How did you pull that off? Do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    I love the Air 540, same one i use myself. I got some purple LED's to light up the inside of the case so i can enjoy the window.

What fans are those? White rings really look good with your other parts. I think i might have to go a close loop CPU cooler...

Also dat white wire sleeving? How did you pull that off? Do tell!
    His fans are Corsairs, they come with 3 diff color rings that you can swap out so you can match up with your system bits.

The sleeving could possibly be some ModSmart cable extensios. Great for cleaning up the look.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Those corsair fans do look really good. Too bad the fans themselves are subpar (at best).

Deleted
    Those corsair fans do look really good. Too bad the fans themselves are subpar (at best).
    Why do you say that? My air 540 temps never exceed 40 degrees and im only using stock fans and a CM storm CPU cooler?

They are average, very over hyped though.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    Why do you say that? My air 540 temps never exceed 40 degrees and im only using stock fans and a CM storm CPU cooler?
    Those AF and SP series are not worth their money for anyhing other than aesthetic reasons. The bearings and motors are 'meh'. You have more value in terms of quality with Noctua or Be Quiet.

In my old 350D build I had 6 of them. I could hear every single one of them rattle, fresh out of the box. Didn't have them longer than 3weeks ><.

Deleted
    I see the ASUS GTX770 also droops like crazy..
    Yes indeed.

Aggs i think if you had the cabling upwards and back from the 1st card it would help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Yes indeed.

Aggs i think if you had the cabling upwards and back from the 1st card it would help you.
    Trust me I have tried. Anything short of a brace and it won't do much. It is far worse on the top card it seems, but I'm not overly worried about it. As for the fans, sure you can get some noctuas or bequiet, but I would have to paint them and I didn't want to bother and these perform well enough for me in my setting. I have 4 sp120's on the h100i and 2 AF140's on the front intake and 1 for the exhaust in the back.

When I finally get around to putting in the led kit I'll post some updated pics, maybe if I get ambitious I'll work on a brace for the card.
    Last edited by aggs; 2014-02-23 at 01:40 AM.

How's the temperature in you case?

- - - Updated - - -

what case is that and how much did it cost?

- - - Updated - - -

SOOOOOO PREEEETTYYYYYY.

Quote Originally Posted by RAgamanos View Post
    How's the temperature in you case?

- - - Updated - - -

what case is that and how much did it cost?

- - - Updated - - -

SOOOOOO PREEEETTYYYYYY.
    It is the Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 $139.99 on newegg atm. Not sure what the case temp is, I just monitor my cpu and gpu temps, they both idle @ 30c or less and don't hit over 60c when gaming, so I'm pretty pleased with that. I haven't tried to push this cpu yet. I got it about a month ago and set it to 4.6 @ 1.25v watched temps ran prime and was happy with it.