Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Yes, the less said of that the better.

- - - Updated - - -

I would extend this to female blood elves, too, albeit to a lesser degree. The picture you linked, of the BE female embroiled in battle with the NE female is a very good representation of how I imagine them, in addition to the Astromancer female I frequently have added to my posts; the chiseled cheekbones, sleek, tall bodies and burning eyes all contributing to a menacing yet ethereal presence. TES has captured this as well, historically, in its art, giving the elves an alien but still discernibly "human" appearance, particularly in the case of the three playable Mer races. The NE/BE fight scene also has some Warhammer undertones to it.

[Beware, my own self-indulgent art spree is to follow...]

Here's another in the same vein:

And another, this time featuring a male:

And a few more, just for kicks:

Ashra, who Rhlor oh so kindly pointed out, from the comic:

This one is a hottie:

The face of this elf (an adaptation of TBC coveR) is epic, and I wish they'd use him instead for the BE model placeholder:

Or Hanthal.

Reminds me of:

A rather moody picture of Quel'thalas:

And a couple of my fave Kael'thas pieces:

This one fits the style captured in that NE/BE pic:

Not my usual style, but I like this for the beauty it delivers:

And a rather odd one I stumbled upon:

And of course, the would-be artwork for my dreamed-of Highborne faction:

In the end, I still like the TBC/TFT concept art best.

I also am fond of Tyrande in that image with Malfurion. She has the right, haughty yet haunting look that a NE female should possess. Their high, strong cheekbones, glowing eyes and long, sharp ears should set them apart from humans, if nothing else.

This one looks ferocious:

And of course,what elf art spree would be complete without our beloved Azshara...

A similar aesthetic to the drow, albeit lacking their gaunter features.

These are all fruitful avenues to explore. I do hope they get their own unique enclave, if added, somewhere apart from Dalaran and Stormwind. I do think shared quarters with the Highborne in Eldre'thalas would be just what the doct-... mage-priest called for.

True, and that is what he would like to see reflected.

Indeed. I would like to see the HE join with the Shen'dralar in liberating and refurbishing Eldre'thalas. Surely they must wish to explore their past, as it is the events in Feralas that further conspired to push Dath'remar away from Kalimdor.
    World of Warcraft Bloodsworn comic cover ashara blood knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Huh, no offense, but great way to use quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we definitely shouldnt expect thrall to look like that. the fact that his placeholder model is wearing his armor instead of his already high quality cata model is telling enough.

metzen already pretty much confirmed he was gonna wear his armor again at blizzcon anyways.
    Look more closely; he is wearing the doomhammer armour under his robes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Hell fucking no. Whatever floats your boat man but those shoulders are a necessity, you just ruined the whole thing in my eyes. ACk. You peoples,... why don't you just give up and accept my opinions as law?

*snip*
    It'll be added someday, they're just working out balance issues with the new Chiropractor class.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2014-02-25 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    It'll be added someday, they're just working out balance issues with the new Chiropractor class.
    It needs buffs. Wtf you talking about Chiropractor players need a lot of skill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It needs buffs. Wtf you talking about Chiropractor players need a lot of skill.
    But before any of those things, the Chiropractor class needs to be given to the horde Ala Pallies in BC. Seriously, look at 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Garrosh eats buns and tea for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Last time Blizzard listened to some smart guy's random ideas, they ruined female worgen.
    *Sigh* Poor Worgen ladies.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I hate that freaking hunch so much. I really wish Blizzard would just remove it but we all know that will never happen :[

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I hate that freaking hunch so much. I really wish Blizzard would just remove it but we all know that will never happen :[
    Yeah, there isn't really any reason as to why they have it but Blizzard are stubborn and don't like to give the community what they want.

Rhlor and Skeppio, could you be bothered to snip all the images in your quote blocks? You just made the page like a mile long.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Rhlor and Skeppio, could you be bothered to snip all the images in your quote blocks? You just made the page like a mile long.
    +1 They need to provide URLs and not post all those images.

Deleted
    dont know if someone mentioned this before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei_nQ...re=c4-overview
    Last edited by mmoc958fa8c3fa; 2014-02-23 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    nic picture

Been tweeting Chris Robinson for a while now about the hunch, but no response so far. Maybe he'll respond if we all send a tweet? I love the new Orc models, but I think I like the hunchless Orcs more.

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    That is some awesome artwork! I really hope they go in that direction for BE.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Yes, the less said of that the better.

- - - Updated - - -

I would extend this to female blood elves, too, albeit to a lesser degree. The picture you linked, of the BE female embroiled in battle with the NE female is a very good representation of how I imagine them, in addition to the Astromancer female I frequently have added to my posts; the chiseled cheekbones, sleek, tall bodies and burning eyes all contributing to a menacing yet ethereal presence. TES has captured this as well, historically, in its art, giving the elves an alien but still discernibly "human" appearance, particularly in the case of the three playable Mer races. The NE/BE fight scene also has some Warhammer undertones to it.

[Beware, my own self-indulgent art spree is to follow...]

Here's another in the same vein:

And another, this time featuring a male:

And a few more, just for kicks:

Ashra, who Rhlor oh so kindly pointed out, from the comic:

This one is a hottie:

The face of this elf (an adaptation of TBC coveR) is epic, and I wish they'd use him instead for the BE model placeholder:

Or Hanthal.

Reminds me of:

A rather moody picture of Quel'thalas:

And a couple of my fave Kael'thas pieces:

This one fits the style captured in that NE/BE pic:

Not my usual style, but I like this for the beauty it delivers:

And a rather odd one I stumbled upon:

And of course, the would-be artwork for my dreamed-of Highborne faction:

In the end, I still like the TBC/TFT concept art best.

I also am fond of Tyrande in that image with Malfurion. She has the right, haughty yet haunting look that a NE female should possess. Their high, strong cheekbones, glowing eyes and long, sharp ears should set them apart from humans, if nothing else.

This one looks ferocious:

And of course,what elf art spree would be complete without our beloved Azshara...

A similar aesthetic to the drow, albeit lacking their gaunter features.

These are all fruitful avenues to explore. I do hope they get their own unique enclave, if added, somewhere apart from Dalaran and Stormwind. I do think shared quarters with the Highborne in Eldre'thalas would be just what the doct-... mage-priest called for.

True, and that is what he would like to see reflected.

Indeed. I would like to see the HE join with the Shen'dralar in liberating and refurbishing Eldre'thalas. Surely they must wish to explore their past, as it is the events in Feralas that further conspired to push Dath'remar away from Kalimdor.
    That's an excellent selection of pictures! I feel the same way as you and hope that the blood elves, high elves and night elves are updated to reflect the concept artwork that you so kindly compiled in your post.

oh god not again O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damedrius View Post
    +1 They need to provide URLs and not post all those images.
    Nah, that's boring.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing i'd like to see for belfs are kind of full-beard.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the WRPG, technically they can grow full beards, especially if old, so an option for that wouldn't go amiss. I recall a picture of a Magister with a beard not too long ago, in TCG IIRC.

Personally I find stubble or a 5 o' clock shadow (like Hanthal's) more attractive, and more suited to them, but yes there's little to suggest that they couldn't have one. Even if they've been hit by the curse of flesh, as is suspected, it wouldn't make their ability to grow a beard, inherited from their NE ancestors, vanish. I suspect like our society, though, they go for the clean-shaven look. If you've got nice features, why not flaunt them?
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-02-23 at 03:13 PM.