Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

is this real?

just got it is this real?

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not.

Delete it.

There are a few obvious reasons why not. One, the email at the top says "Iron Skyreaver" while at the bottom it says "Winged Guardian". The spelling and grammar is terrible.

It says you get the skyreaver at the top and then the winged guardian at the bottom, on top of a laundry list of grammatical errors no company of Blizzards caliber would ever make. Absolutely fake.

If you only mouseover the link, I'd be willing to bet the actual address it links to isn't us.battle.net

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. It is clearly not real.

I don't mean to sound offensive here, but do people really still fall for stuff like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    it links to real bnet site i checked it, also its a key for skyreaver while they said they will be sending a code from a site with end .com not .net

15+ Year Old Account
    Look for bad grammar including punctuation, always a sign of fishiness. That and anything that asks you to log in to your account >.>

"we will be complimentary seat to the 50,000 players. You can log Web site application, we will be lucky players randomly.Please click this link on:"
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look look lmao it even says WINGED guardian in the end part they didn't even update it xD

Deleted
    because its a 2nd code if u pass something.. the first one is for skyreaver imo

Along with the massive amount of evidence to prove it is fake, my personal favorite is the "Travel at 350% speed as long as you have one other 310% speed mount." All flying mounts travel at 310% if you have the proper flight training for it.

I laughed so hard when I read this. Looks like the scammers didn't even bother trying to double check their work; they just made crap up and hoped it stuck.

So, what would you have done if it was real (it obviously isn't)? Because someone would definitely have redeemed that code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grammar is the first sign it's fake... that's how you know the difference between real and fake.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I'm sorry, I know this is offensive but oh well. Based on the OP's responses to everyone saying it is fake (he is defending it saying it is still real) I can only now think this is a troll post OR he truly does deserve to have his account hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelfpain View Post
    because its a 2nd code if u pass something.. the first one is for skyreaver imo
    No, it's because it's a lazy phishing template.

I mean:

"we will be complimentary seat to the 50,000 players. You can log Web site application, we will be lucky players randomly.Please click this link on"

This is not even remotely correct in any language, or even any poorly attempted translation. This is very sloppily made by someone who doesn't understand english. It's as fake as they come.

If you're actually stupid enough to fall for this, then yes. It is real.

Deleted
    good i've trolled but meh thanks for that effort xD

Why not just go to the battle.net site and enter the code. It's not like you banned for entering an invalid code.

Deleted
    How can anyone think thats real?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the oldest trick in the book to write out a valid url and hide a nasty dirty keylogger-site or something similar behind it. In other words, if you click it, you're not taken to us.battle.net but to a site you don't want to be on.

Just like I can send you to http://www.battle.net, where the link reads battle.net but actually takes you to google.com if you click! Nifty, eh?

Aside from that... a part of that e-mail is from the Heart of the Aspects mount, another one is about the Winged Guardian and the code is said to be for the Iron Skyreaver. Inconsistency that is very unlike Blizzard's professionally made e-mails!

And let's not even mention the horrible horrible HORRIBLE writing style. I mean, if you want to copy Blizz, you copy them well, for heaven's sake. I swear, those scammers aren't taking their job seriously :P
    Last edited by Seriss; 2014-02-23 at 06:31 PM.