90 character boost and it's opportunities

When the character boost to 90 is available, there will be a shitload of new characters. I think that most people who are currently playing will pre-order WoD; why won't you want a free level 90? There will literally be hundreds of new 90's as soon as this is available.

All these new characters will need all kinds of stuff, PvE gear, PvP gear, enchants etc. Which professions will in your opinion benefit the most by this huge can of fresh lvl 90 characters?

Things that I think will be in high demand:
    - Glyphs. Everyone will need them
    - 476 PvP gear. Before going into BG's to farm honor people will want to have a PvP set.
    - Enchants /Gems : enchants / gems probably will see a rise in demand as most people will want to enchant/gem there Timeless Isle gear. I'm not sure many people will go into the depths of LFR this late, but almost everyone will get a set of Timeless gear.

Anything else? Are you going to do anything to prepare for it?

Edit: Woops, mistakenly used it's instead of its in the thread title. Sorry!
    Last edited by Mikeshort; 2014-02-24 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    When the character boost to 90 is available, there will be a shitload of new characters. I think that most people who are currently playing will pre-order WoD as soon as it is available; why won't you want a free level 90? There will literally be hundreds of new 90's as soon as this is available.

All these new characters will need all kinds of stuff, PvE gear, PvP gear, enchants etc. Which professions will in your opinion benefit the most by this huge can of fresh lvl 90 characters?

Things that I think will be in high demand:
    - Glyphs. Everyone will need them
    - 476 PvP gear. Before going into BG's to farm honor people will want to have a PvP set.
    - Enchants /Gems : enchants / gems probably will see a rise in demand as most people will want to enchant/gem there Timeless Isle gear. I'm not sure many people will go into the depths of LFR this late, but almost everyone will get a set of Timeless gear.

Anything else? Are you going to do anything to prepare for it?
    Even worse I think this will open up a new wing of gold farmers, why spend 60 dollars on a character from blizzard when you could buy one for 25 dollars from illegal sources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Even worse I think this will open up a new wing of gold farmers, why spend 60 dollars on a character from blizzard when you could buy one for 25 dollars from illegal sources.
    first things first: doing stuff that violates blizzard's eula is NOT illegal.

what?

Deleted
    I'm keeping my 553 gear crafts for when the wave hits.

All this is supposing blizzard do release paid lvl90 before WoD. The free lvl90 should be released with WoD and then no point of staying 90 and enchanting/gearing/grinding when you can level to 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    All this is supposing blizzard do release paid lvl90 before WoD. The free lvl90 should be released with WoD and then no point of staying 90 and enchanting/gearing/grinding when you can level to 100.
    They haver allready said that is their intention, so people can enjoy the content of Mists, and get to know their characters before the new expansion drops.

On the topic of catering to new 90's, I think profession kits will be VERY popular too, if you have the ability to make them. If I weren't so busy with things I would probably take out my Sky Golem and herb a few alchemy/Inscription kits. Those are probably the best time/profit ratio kits to make.

As a substitute I might go and herb some of the bottleneck herbs and put them up after the boost goes live. I could easily park my Herber somewhere and do some rounds now and then. So much else to do and take care of though >.<

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I don't get the appeal of selling Profession Kits much:

Who does this has probably high knowledge about Professions and uses Professions themselves for profit, but giving people the option to level Professions with Gold, while making you wealthy at first, will ultimately breed more competitors that have Professions and thereby reduce your profit in the long run IMO.
    That is an interesting way of looking at it. However you fail to consider a few things:

1) Just because you don't give people profession kits, doesn't mean other players won't be able to level the professions anyway.
    2) Just because a player has decided to level up a profession doesn't mean they plan to use it to compete with you. Maybe they simply want the profession for the personal bonuses.

Ultimately if someone is going to level a profession, the person making the profession kit may as well be the one making a profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Unless you have exclusively gathering professions, then sell all the Profession kits for as cheap as possible as you profit a lot from more people with crafting Professions in the long run ^^
    I'd still sell the kit for as much as I can. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Something I have learned is that where there is a demand, the void will be filled by someone else. Just because you create a market for crafting mats doesn't mean you'll be the person exploiting it in the end.

I make a nice tidy profit every week selling old world leathers. I farm it when stocks are low, but often I just buy stock that people sell cheaply and then flip it back onto the AH. Several months back a rather insidious goldseller tried to set up shop on our realm, employing bots to farm leather and then flooding the AH with his ill-gotten gains.

He had hundreds of stacks listed at ridiculously low prices - nice for buyers - but horrendous for genuine gatherers wanting to make an honest living. Pretty soon he was the only person selling leather at all. Anyhow, I put in the effort to get him removed by tracking down the bots and reporting the seller. As each account got closed down, he would start a new one with a new bot and a new AH drone, but I persisted. After about 5 or 6 iterations he gave up and our realm was cleansed of that scourge. But did I get to enjoy the freedom to sell my wares at whatever price I wanted? No. After a few weeks all the old leather sellers came back and reaped the rewards of my efforts.