Proving Grounds: my problems and how to get Proven Assiliant

Hello

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Asey/advanced

gear for proving grounds:

trinkets: Xuen, terror of the mists (gives agility and crit for 20 sec)
    weapons: norushen dagger, and dagger from iron qon (2sockets) (agi gems)
    head: from garosh (80 agi + 160 haste - gives 160 agi bonus)
    waist: 2 x 160 agi gem + 80agi160haste

im trying to get trinkets from lei shen and primordius is this good choice ?

UPDATE!! 1693 pkt last mob had 100k hp and i misscliked one cd ;(

How to do reforging ? 6.5% hit/exp ? and then what? meybe go with gems to pure agi in all sockets?
    So, im stuck at 14 wave. (i have problems to get to this wave, but i think its beacuse of trinkets, and my tactic is little wrong) I just realized that i was trying to do it without redirect glyph

Right now i'm assa in PG, but im thinking about sub, will it help with dps? Will it be easier as sub ?

post is chaotic - i know my english is not so good, but i hope you understand what i mean

EDIT: after kill 3393 pkt
    alchemy trinket was IDEAL, now i will be farming trinket from elagon and i think i can go higher then 34 wave
    my stats was:

How i did it:
    Deadly Poison + Crippling
    Berserker buff used at start of every 7 wave, and 10th waves when shield goes off.
    Glyph of Redirect
    Shadow Step, Mark of Death

Gear: weapons from ToT - you can put additional 160 agi gem, gear from SoO have more sockets then rest, if u dont have alchemy you can use trinket from Elagon + Xuen, trinket from elgaon have 55icd so its like 100% that it will proc on start of waves. Dont need to have 7.5% hit/exp, only Sha is 93 lvl boss, i was prio mastery(till ~60%) when reforging. When item have bonus agi from socket go for it (put gems that have +x +mastery or haste)

1th wave: There are three Amber-Weavers and several Varmint, start close to they buy who starts trial, nuke this amber, run middle fok small, nuke Casters

2th waves:here are two Guardians who stand just in front of you, an Amber-Weaver, a Mystic and a Banshee. Start on the opposide side then u started 1th waves, nuke healer, 10% with 5 cp redirect to guardian, shadow step, nuke, depends from your dps but now banshie spawns or u are in second gaurdian to just pur rupture on him to save mark for banshie. In my tries banshie and Amber caster was always hitted by ball because amber was starting casting ball in direction of first guardian, so i nuke banshie and amber then finish off guardian.

3th wave: There are two Banana-Throwers and several Varmint. start in middle, and now 2 options run little around to fok smals and CT, or from stealth muti banana then fok 1-2 times and CT, sprint/shadow step to mutilated banana nuke, sprint/shadow step to second. Mark on smal envenom fok, mark evenom fok, mark evenom fok - use mark on thos with higest hp

4th waves:there are four Guardians, one Amber-Weaver and one Banshee, start with big ones, aster 2 was dead banshiee spawns i was use only Synapse String at start, but u can use shadow blades if need

6th waves:There are two Mystics and several Varmints, start in middle, blind one healer, fok small ones, shadow step to another healer, Sprint to blinded healer (fok in middle on small).
    when healer have 10% of HP i rush to another mob

7th waves:There are two Amber-Weavers, one Banana-Thrower and three Guardians take berserk 1 sec before, started with big one, 10% hp left redirect to next mob clock wise, mark nuke, and again amber as last one

8th waves:Three Banshees, one Mystic and two Slayers. start in middle, nuke mistic till 10%hp if u have 5 cp redirect to Slayer if not, just move to slayer, put on him rupture, banshie spawns, mark nuke banshie, nuke second banshie, muti on slayer with rupture, 10%hp left go to next one

9th waves:There is an Amber-Weaver, a Guardian, a Banana-Thrower, a Banshee and two Slayers. Nuke banana, go for guardians nuke them, banshie spawns nuke her, nuke rest till 10% redirect mark kill.

10thwves: BIG SHA! berserk when shield goes off + vendetta (i used it only in 10 and 20, on 30 shadow baldes also)

TRICKY PART:
    waves 4 and 7.
    -Key to win is good menage of stuns (from ball). 4th waves i menaged to kill first guardian before ball hit him, or if he had less then 10% hp i rush to second. Cloak Of shadows prevents you to get stunned and this is important in wave 7... because there are 2Amber-Weavers, i had 2 ways to deal with it, start on banana then nuke closest Amber-Weaver, and follow up guardians<banshie; or u can nuke Guardians after killing banana tosser(if you will left him with 10% hp dots will make it, good way is to put 2-3cp rupture on him) in this case u might need Cloak, because sometimes there are 2 balls close to you and mob, but big + of this is u can have more stuned mobs(so u can get dps increase, but Glyph of Redirect is mandatory !!) In wave 7 i was watching where ball is going to kill prio mob who get hit by it(usualy middle one as one of first)

PS, i just get idea that i can write this, lets say this is ALPHA guilde
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-02-25 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    Ok, pardon me asking, but what are the proving grounds(been out for a year, returned yesterday)

Deleted
    Not sure about rogues, but on my DK I reforged everything to Haste for faster rune regen, prolly should try the same for energy regen

dks are little bit easier then rogues i guess, just check rankings.

@Archijs
    Privong Ground is place when u can "check you skill" u have bronze (10waves) silver (10waves) gold (10 waves) and then.... real fun - endless (XXX waves....) Go to your trainer and ask about proving grounds, if u beat 30 waves on endless u get title

Deleted
    Try your Engineering helmet with the normal meta gem on it, cuz the legendary one won't work.

Your upgraded alchemy trinket + xuen should be the best choice.

Also enchant your gloves with synapse springs and your belt with nitro boosts to help you move around.

Don't kill the amber weaver at the beginning, they are your dps increase. If necessary use cloak of shadow to avoid the amber prison.

Switch the target early enough, your poisons will do the rest.

Use marked for death as often as you can. Use slowing poison on the banana thrower.

Remember the target priority.

http://wowhead.com/item=75274 i dont think that 800 mastery > 800 agility ...

You want say that mastery>agi ??

10+ Year Old Account
    The proc is rather shocking. If you need massive consistency, the agility base will come out ahead, but if you can deal with some inconsistency (I haven't bothered with endless PG, I don't know), the Zen Alchemist Stone ICD setup is both reliable and absurdly weighted. At 463 ilevel (trying to manage the gap between 458 and 466 which are the options to check), it should be around 847 mastery and a proc of 4500 agi. 15s duration, 55s ICD. If you estimate that it takes 5s to proc (not sure what end this falls on, but it makes for a nice estimate), the trinket averages out to 847 mastery and 1125 agility (proc average), rather than TitM's 847 agility, 1250 crit (proc average).

IF the averages work fine for you, rather than constant effect, the ZAS is much stronger. Bottle of Infinite Stars, by comparison, sees 847 mastery, ~850 agility (proc average).

P.S. Xuen of course is OP. 847 agi, 670 agi (proc average).

i'm using MArked for Dearh, without this it would be hell.

tommorow i will try Alchemy trinkety, and meybe craft helm from engi (now i have extra one from garrosh with normal gems)

UPDATE!!!

i use alchemy trinket after i wiped on 19 wave.... and then from 1-34 wave with ni problems, at middle of 34 wave my flask and food run out but i have title and archiv so im happy, meybe i will try to get to 40 wave....
    Last edited by AseyBL; 2014-02-24 at 11:52 PM.

For me, it was honestly removing my engineering cooldown from a macro and using it like a mini-cooldown.

I banged my head against the wall on this for a while. Hey, give me a break, I'm an old guy and concentrating for 30 minutes isn't easy. Still really angry at myself for not doing it before they nerfed assassin. It just seemed I kept wiping with things at 2 or 3% and I remember I was doing fine with the waves before I found something else interesting and let it slide (and then the nerf, *sigh*).

Didn't try combat or sub. Seems like they would be harder.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trinkets from Lei SHen and Primordius is terrible. Do as the others say and get the Alchemy one. On the topic of professions the engineering helm is also good.

Go for 7.5 % Hit. The big guy is lvl 93. As for the reforging you should go hit > master > crit. Note: Expertise is not in the list.

Stay with assassination. Subtlety is most likely not going to do you any good.

To the people suggesting Marked for Death: I assume you change to Anticipation before wave 10? I always found that to be the hardest one. Didn't really see much need for Marked of Death myself.

Other than that I would suggest glyph of sprint and glyph of expose armor. (I believe it is a dps gain on the big ones.) Dirty Tricks is also much better that Prey on the Weak in my opinion. With that talent you can gouge/blind the healers after you put dots on them and watch them die. The 10 % damage when stunned doesn't really make up for the fact that you used energy/combo points to stun him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    The proc is rather shocking. If you need massive consistency, the agility base will come out ahead, but if you can deal with some inconsistency (I haven't bothered with endless PG, I don't know), the Zen Alchemist Stone ICD setup is both reliable and absurdly weighted. At 463 ilevel (trying to manage the gap between 458 and 466 which are the options to check), it should be around 847 mastery and a proc of 4500 agi. 15s duration, 55s ICD. If you estimate that it takes 5s to proc (not sure what end this falls on, but it makes for a nice estimate), the trinket averages out to 847 mastery and 1125 agility (proc average), rather than TitM's 847 agility, 1250 crit (proc average).

IF the averages work fine for you, rather than constant effect, the ZAS is much stronger. Bottle of Infinite Stars, by comparison, sees 847 mastery, ~850 agility (proc average).

P.S. Xuen of course is OP. 847 agi, 670 agi (proc average).
    I found myself able to use the trinket procs to do things like kill a monkey before the healer were able to land a heal on him. With 55s ICD you generally get them once per wave, instead of once per second wave like you would with one of the numerous 115s ICD trinkets. The only problem I had was that they would generally proc when the Sha had his shield up, basically wasting them. I also tried to not attack him at all till the shield were down to save my procs, but that did not go any better. An on use trinket could be usefull for the last wave. You'd get a 30s cooldown for equipping the trinket, but you don't want it until you are on the last part anyway.

I'm not sure which on use trinket I'd go for to be honest. Flashing Steel Talisman is the only trinket with agi on use, but it got static haste. I guess it could work if you reforge out of haste, while reforging into hit on the Zen Alchemist Stone (which you would swap out). The other option is the blue 458 from Operation Shieldwall upgraded to 466, with static agi and mastery on use. The Flashing Steel Talisman has a 50 % greater cooldown than other trinkets, which is of no concern as you'd swap it out anyway, and gives more agility than the others give secondary stats on use. After this discovery I'd say it is the obvious choice. Agility is after all over twice as valuable as secondaries.
    Last edited by Oggiva; 2014-02-25 at 08:22 AM. Reason: I meant wave 10, not 9. I'm so used to 0-indexing I got confused.

Elegon trinket is the best proving grounds trinket in the game. Its incredibly over itemized. Do LFR and/or join MSV mount runs and hope for the trinket.

I had 6.85% hit and 6.05 exp. Xuen and alchemy trinnet, 1 weapon from tot. Normal memeta gem. Rest gear as in armory.

Without hit/exp at 7.5 gdy on wave 30 was easy, berserk, vendetta (unglyphed) shadow blades and gdy was dead 12 sec before deadline
    Last edited by AseyBL; 2014-02-25 at 09:02 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zen Alchemist Stone gives 250 more average agility at ilvl 458 than Bottle of Infinite Stars gives at ilvl 463 (and you can upgrade it). Alchemy trinket is much stronger than the Elegon trinket.

Oh damn. You're right. My bad.

I was thinking the proc had a much longer cooldown than that. I had no idea it was only 55 seconds.