Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question issues with guildie

hello to all its first time im posting on mmo-c i would have a question about an issues with a guild mate.

What would you do if you would find one of your raiders to use a bot in raids?

i sorry but i am not english so be aware on grammatical errors.

Deleted
    If it caused the progress to suffer and him/her to make worse dps/hps/tps than everybody else, I would tell the person to stop or get kicked.

I would start looking for a replacement and then kick/report him.
    I don't have time for people who want to bot.

Deleted
    Its a funny subject because there are bots out there that does the job faster/better than most players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd report him. Detest bots in all their forms. They've utterly ruined BGs, ruined gathering professions - anyone I see using them will be reported.

Now, I've never seen anyone I've reported receive so much as a 1 minute ban, and I've been reporting them since Vanilla, but that's a separate, although no less tragic, issue.

Report! Kick! Remove from Real ID! All of the above!

Deleted
    I would like to see OP go more in-depth about the guildie.

Have he stated he uses a bot for farming, or that he uses a rotation-bot in raids?

Botting is widespread these days and even a lot of top-end guilds botfarm mats and use rotation-bots while content is on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I'd report him. Detest bots in all their forms. They've utterly ruined BGs, ruined gathering professions - anyone I see using them will be reported.

Now, I've never seen anyone I've reported receive so much as a 1 minute ban, and I've been reporting them since Vanilla, but that's a separate, although no less tragic, issue.

Report! Kick! Remove from Real ID! All of the above!
    Most likely he was using a rotation bot, not fully automating raiding for him and likely performing quite decently DPS wise.

He isn't harming anyone by doing it (unless his performance is actually bad) so you'd be best off doing what you want, you know the person more than anyone else here so why should they make a decision that is almost entirely on a personal level. Alternatively if his performance is holding you back then just remove him from the guild and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Botting is widespread these days and even a lot of top-end guilds botfarm mats and use rotation-bots while content is on farm.
    Top end guilds use rotation bots on farm? Yeh ok whatever you say keep talking out your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Most likely he was using a rotation bot, not fully automating raiding for him and likely performing quite decently DPS wise.

He isn't harming anyone by doing it (unless his performance is actually bad) so you'd be best off doing what you want, you know the person more than anyone else here so why should they make a decision that is almost entirely on a personal level. Alternatively if his performance is holding you back then just remove him from the guild and move on.
    It's against the ToS, and it's unfair to players who refuse to cheat, so no, I'd report and kick on the spot. It's not really something I have to put a great deal of thought into.

Deleted
    i would mention as well the respect to who dedicated his/her time to play sacrificing their time when it discovered that it is totally afk or maybe is eating potato chips or maybe laughing at the actions of others.
    counseling as well as classes that play did not even know how they work. or maybe standing on the fire he say how much damage you're taking?

I'm assuming you are both regular raiders and you are unsure what your guild leader/officers stance on the matter is. If it's principal thing to you then you report the guy, if it's not I would try to find out the stance on this kind of stuff among your officers/gl. Depending on their and your stance you might consider leaving or not.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2014-02-25 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Whats wrong with eating potato chips & laughing at the actions of others?

Grede I dont understand one bit of that sentence, could you try make a bit more sense?

Deleted
    I used to be an officer for a raiding guild in Wrath/Cata - firstly I think it's something all your officers should discuss, and not make any knee-jerk judgements.

I'd personally be in favour of speaking to that person and reminding them that it's against the ToS and could get them banned and asking them if they will stop using it. I always trusted my raiders; if one of them told me they would stop doing something, I would have trusted them and left it at that. But if I ever found out they lied to me afterwards, it would be a guild kick.

If they refused to stop using it then I would demote them to a social position and have to discuss removing them from the guild.

Most guilds have rules about things that are against the ToS - not only does it lead to problems if they end up getting banned on an important progression night, but if other guilds find out you allow people to cheat then it will affect your entire guilds credibility and reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    It's against the ToS, and it's unfair to players who refuse to cheat, so no, I'd report and kick on the spot. It's not really something I have to put a great deal of thought into.
    That's your opinion on the subject. Some people actually understand the benefits of bots existing in the game and understand that majority of botting doesn't actually hurt anyone. If you're super buttmad at all bots then that's you, but it doesn't mean everyone needs to do the same just because "It's against the ToS".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Whats wrong with eating potato chips & laughing at the actions of others?

Grede I dont understand one bit of that sentence, could you try make a bit more sense?
    I mean that while others are making the ass playing with his own hands he laughs eating chips and denigrating other people when instead he's just moving the camera and look at the screen a little thing going on as it was only a spectator and not a player.

Deleted
    I would have him guildkicked and reported.

Then hanged in the centre of the town

Using a bot to farm for personal reasons is stupid at best, but doing so in a raid is just ridiculous.

A bot will never be able to perform at the same level as a person could, and to put the 9 / 24 other people in your raid through the hassle of dealing with a stupid A.I. of a bot is rude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grede View Post
    I mean that while others are making the ass playing with his own hands he laughs eating chips and denigrating other people when instead he's just moving the camera and look at the screen a little thing going on as it was only a spectator and not a player.
    Then tell him politely to shut up or mute him in ventrilo/teamspeak, and if he does his job well I wouldnt really bother about it.

If hes an annoying person then its up to the officers wether he stays or gets replaced, at least in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    A bot will never be able to perform at the same level as a person could, and to put the 9 / 24 other people in your raid through the hassle of dealing with a stupid A.I. of a bot is rude.
    Thats wrong, there are rotation bots out there that does better than the average raider.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2014-02-25 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That's your opinion on the subject. Some people actually understand the benefits of bots existing in the game and understand that majority of botting doesn't actually hurt anyone. If you're super buttmad at all bots then that's you, but it doesn't mean everyone needs to do the same just because "It's against the ToS".
    "It's against the ToS" is the basic foundation of this argument, not to mention it does impact the economy and some aspects of the game for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I used to be an officer for a raiding guild in Wrath/Cata - firstly I think it's something all your officers should discuss, and not make any knee-jerk judgements.

I'd personally be in favour of speaking to that person and reminding them that it's against the ToS and could get them banned and asking them if they will stop using it. I always trusted my raiders; if one of them told me they would stop doing something, I would have trusted them and left it at that. But if I ever found out they lied to me afterwards, it would be a guild kick.

If they refused to stop using it then I would demote them to a social position and have to discuss removing them from the guild.

Most guilds have rules about things that are against the ToS - not only does it lead to problems if they end up getting banned on an important progression night, but if other guilds find out you allow people to cheat then it will affect your entire guilds credibility and reputation.
    due to that my discovery we have lost credibility and reputation and that had hurt me. without considering that maybe I can have little credibility changing guild

Deleted
    Depends:

If he pulls his weight, leave him be. If he gets banned it is his fault for allowing himself to get caught.
    If he pulls his weight but screws around then mute/ignore/vent block him. Treat him as a bot he is.
    If he doesnt pull his weight then start looking for replacement while giving him a warning.
    If he doesnt pull his weight but screws around then instant kick.

Simple as that.

Also "he has it easier than the rest" shouldn't be an issue to care about. You are not a martyr for playing a video game, nor should you expect anyone to recognize you as such. The only thing that should come from a video game is enjoyment and nothing else. If you feel like you derive less enjoyment from the game because someone is having an easier time getting rewards you are seeking then give yourself a favor and quit gaming entirely. Know this that there are people out there that are faster/better/sexier and more awesome while putting half or even less effort compared to you IN ANYTHING. Feel like quiting life?