Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    "airflow" gets thrown around alot on computer forums with little regard for what it means, after taking a fluid dynamics class i found that 90% of the time in computers it's marketing BS, a good example is the FT02 vs the HAF, the FT02 is way better in what i would call smart airflow, as in airflow that actually does something

blocking the side of a GPU like that is not going to affect temps or reduce airflow, even if it was completely blocked, there is still enough of a gap between the cards to let air go through, what you end up with is a low pressure zone on one side of the fan, that's it
    K!
    /10 char
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murreh View Post
    here's some better pictures of mine, let me know what ya think, finished just a few days ago
    Specs:
    CPU: 4930k - 6 core - 12 threads
    CPU cooler: H110 - Pull config
    Ram: 16gb 4x4 corsair platinum
    PSU: Cooler Master V1000 1000w+ 80+
    GPU: 2x msi 780 lightning
    SSD's: 2x intel 180gb SSD's
    Fans: Bitfenix spectre pro - white led
    Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Master Pro
    Case: Corsair 540 air
    Motherboard: Asus lga2011 X79 - Deluxe
    Pretty damn gorgeous! I see a lot of Corsair though, may the luck be with you and all those Corsair products not die in a matter of months to a year... =S

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed the two SLI bridges... I wonder if that affects your performance at all. >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Specs: ()
    Case: Corsair 800D
    CPU:Intel i5 3570K
    GPU: XFX 7850 BE
    PSU: Corsair CX500
    RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis (2X4GB)
    MOBO: MSI Z77-G45
    COOLER:CM Hyper 212
    STORAGE:Samsung 840 SSD 120GB, 1TB WD BLUE, and other old drives.

IS THIS SETUP OUTDATED YET? HOW LONG SHOULD IT LAST ME.(HIGH, MID RANGE, OR LOW?) (IVE HAD IT FOR A YEAR NOW)

- - - Updated - - -

Specs: (Mid Range)
    Case: Corsair 800D
    CPU:Intel i5 3570K
    GPU: XFX 7850 BE
    PSU: Corsair CX500
    RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis (2X4GB)
    MOBO: MSI Z77-G45
    COOLER:CM Hyper 212
    STORAGE:Samsung 840 SSD 120GB, 1TB WD BLUE, and other old drives.
    Other crap:
    Remote controlled LEDs from ebay
    Arctic Cooling F12 Fans
    Paracord sleeving.
    White carbon fiber vinyl ( i think it would look better if I removed it. keeping th)

Wish I had a manlier wallpaper...

The door is not attached. currently modding it.

Lights... thinking its too much and want to take it off...

I dont like landscape... I find that i almost only look at the center monitor.

This is what it looks like if I try to hide more of the bezels by tucking then in.
    Last edited by RAgamanos; 2014-02-24 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me no one here cares how "manly" anyone's wallpaper is. I personally quite like how clean and tidy your rig looks!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else noticing the appearance of the tape measure on so many people's desks?
    Wonder we all need it for Guess I can't be the only one measuring up my desk to see how tall a tower I can stick under it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Djinni! Computers don't go under desks! Only on, or off to the side on a small table.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    RAgamanos. Not trying to be rude, but isn't the point of landscape that you only look at the center monitor?
    That way the bezels won't distract you. The one reason i cant stand portrait is because the bezels are so close and you're forced to look at all 3 screens at the same time.

Landscape is more of a periphal view. Think Real life, you cant focus on the left or right edge of your view unless you move your eyes.

another example: Driving a car you can see scenery go by through your side windows but you're still not looking at them in focus. Same idea with surround i guess. Wouldnt want to look at the sides in something like battlefield anyway. Everything zoomed in and you cant really estimate the distance of objects

on topic: Very nice rig. looks are amazing.
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2014-02-24 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Bad Djinni! Computers don't go under desks! Only on, or off to the side on a small table.
    On Wooden Planks under desks. Seriously, would you put your PC on an antique leather desk like mine? ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I have my pc on a card board box i got from newegg when i built it XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account

Got my other Titan back after blowing it up, the HUE looks a lot more blue in these pics than it actually is for some reason. Forgot to turn my under desk LEDs on for the second pic too - helps me see my keyboard!

Edit - pics too big.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Pretty damn gorgeous! I see a lot of Corsair though, may the luck be with you and all those Corsair products not die in a matter of months to a year... =S
    RAM, H110 and the case is "a lot of Corsair"?

I doubt he really needs luck to have his case and RAM not "die", AIO maybe but I wouldn't be overly worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    RAM, H110 and the case is "a lot of Corsair"?

I doubt he really needs luck to have his case and RAM not "die", AIO maybe but I wouldn't be overly worried.

ran my old computer on an corsair H60 and worked like a charm.. i find corsair to have really good quality, here in sweden its one of the most popular brands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    On Wooden Planks under desks. Seriously, would you put your PC on an antique leather desk like mine? ;-)
    Well, actually, my PC is on a very very sturdy antique wooden coffee table that my great grandfather made.

(Old pictue, much has changed since this.)

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the only other place for mine is next to the radiator..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post

Got my other Titan back after blowing it up, the HUE looks a lot more blue in these pics than it actually is for some reason. Forgot to turn my under desk LEDs on for the second pic too - helps me see my keyboard!

Edit - pics too big.
    That is a nice looking PC, and bonus points for decomissioned realm server, you must have invested some serious currency into that room!

I gotta start saving for a pimp PC once I move house...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Hey guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woaw, the cooling it deserves
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Needs moar pictures of the other side!
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Just picked up a GTX 650 Ti and a EVGA 600W PSU for my system pics when I have everything installed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    "airflow" gets thrown around alot on computer forums with little regard for what it means, after taking a fluid dynamics class i found that 90% of the time in computers it's marketing BS, a good example is the FT02 vs the HAF, the FT02 is way better in what i would call smart airflow, as in airflow that actually does something

blocking the side of a GPU like that is not going to affect temps or reduce airflow, even if it was completely blocked, there is still enough of a gap between the cards to let air go through, what you end up with is a low pressure zone on one side of the fan, that's it
    But FT02's are so bad with aftermarkt gpu's :P Haf x do even a better job there..
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D