Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    it sucks not only because of sustained dps on every boss (since it's burst isn't that much higher than destro on xaril, and on the pull my guild has to stop dpsing anyways to avoid letting parasites alive on the room) but because it lacks the power to self heal destro has, ember tap is gg when your getting fiery edge

but when you have the boss on farm, and shit starts do die faster and your healers can handle fiery edge without you needing to embertap twice, then affliction starts to be more appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    it sucks not only because of sustained dps on every boss (since it's burst isn't that much higher than destro on xaril, and on the pull my guild has to stop dpsing anyways to avoid letting parasites alive on the room) but because it lacks the power to self heal destro has, ember tap is gg when your getting fiery edge

but when you have the boss on farm, and shit starts do die faster and your healers can handle fiery edge without you needing to embertap twice, then affliction starts to be more appealing.
    If your healers cant heal you without ember tap through the nerfed fiery edges, you need to recruit better healers. Affliction is stronger ~570 ilvl single target, and theres parts of the fight where being able to mutli-dot is extremely beneficial ( korven amber split ).

To answer the OP, outside of splitting dps during korven ( to put the amber on 1 target in order to kill the other ) mutli-dotting all the paragons is nothing but padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    If your healers cant heal you without ember tap through the nerfed fiery edges, you need to recruit better healers.
    you have to understand that progression isn't exactly the cleanest kill ever, things get messy, people step on stuff, etc etc... farm is another thing... we have excellent heals, but on our first kill i saved myself from dying at least 3 times with embertap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    you have to understand that progression isn't exactly the cleanest kill ever, things get messy, people step on stuff, etc etc... farm is another thing... we have excellent heals, but on our first kill i saved myself from dying at least 3 times with embertap.
    Ember Tap is one thing, but the Demonic Leap saved my ass (and of a few targets of Aim by Hisek) a few times in our progress on that boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Ember Tap is one thing, but the Demonic Leap saved my ass (and of a few targets of Aim by Hisek) a few times in our progress on that boss.
    Don't underestimate Nether Plating either. Demo also seems to be able to unload a lot more during Xaril than the other specs if you're having problems there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Anzen: Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but you'll find out the truth by just checking the tooltip of Shooting Stars.

No need to be awkward about it.
    Mjeh : / Maybe follow your own advice? Shooting stars was changed to have diminishing returns on multi-target dotting. Each dot applied will reduce the chance of subsequent dots' (on different targets) crits to proc Shooting stars. SF/MF are counted as two different dots for this.

Boomkins dont gain dps. Most people claim that they multidot them because it allows for more movement with the marginal more number of procs, which tbh just feels disingenous. There's not that much movement on paragons if you position somewhat correctly.

Destro/demo probably gain from multidotting. As destro, unless embercapping or if there's already another proc/CD up, I use the 4-set-proc window to make sure that each paragon has a critbuffed immolate. Glyphing havoc allows for quite alot of damage on the Korven split.

Affliction multidotting is pure padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Saying "every top 100 kill of klaxxi had warlocks playing affliciton" is a bit disingenuous considering the top kills with aff locks were back when aff locks were extremely strong pre nerf. Most of the top kills were aff/demo locks.
    Many of the top kills were demo? I dont think that is true.
    IIRC only 1 guild killed paragons before the Demo nerf was in effect, and that was method. #UnfairAdvantage #Conspiracy
    Destro was okay during progress of Klaxxi too, I played affliction for most of Klaxxi progress but we had a farm inbetween and my gear for destruction was greatly improved in preperation for Garrosh progress, thus I playing destro on our kill of Klaxxi.
    But Evrelia is right, affliction was MORE than fine during progress and is good for farm too.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Surprised no one has mentioned the single-target DPS increase Affliction gains from simply being able to extend DoT duration by swapping them constantly between targets while casting Malefic Grasp/Haunt in between casts of Soul Swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Malifik View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned the single-target DPS increase Affliction gains from simply being able to extend DoT duration by swapping them constantly between targets while casting Malefic Grasp/Haunt in between casts of Soul Swap.
    Maybe because it's not a single target increase? Go read a few pages back in the sticky Affli thread where it was discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Maybe because it's not a single target increase? Go read a few pages back in the sticky Affli thread where it was discussed.
    To clarify, swapping your empowered DoTs you get on the opener is most definitely an increase in single target DPS, while those DoTs exist.

Now, continuing to multi-dot after your opener DoTs have all fallen off would NOT be a gain in single target, obviously, since you are casting less Malefic Grasps on your main burn target. You would have to wait for new trinket/metagem procs and then swap those around again until they fall off. Just blanket multi-dotting, especially in Paragons, is a waste; even more so when OP's logs show the fight at >11 minutes where the burst you get from Affliction's strong opener is negligible.

Edit: I found what you were talking about in the Affliction sticky and that's exactly what I'm talking about:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth
    Now, in the opener this is guaranteed to be worth it, but proceeding with it after the opener was an interesting mathemathical equation to solve. We discovered that it was really only worth it if the spell power was at least twice as high as your baseline (2 trinkets), and your haste was at least 20% higher (Berserking/LMG). If both of these conditionals check out, then it will repeat the abovementioned rotation until they run out, and swap over to the ST rotation.
    Last edited by Malifik; 2014-02-26 at 05:39 PM.