Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Holinka Twitter: "Scatter Shot is gone. Traps arm and activate instantly."

Link to the tweet is here:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/439231766566424576

Further down someone asks:

"arms and active instantly"? Does that mean it can be fired at a person directly to be trapped? No luncher"

answer:

"No, it has to be placed and has a travel time."

Thoughts on this? This essentially makes trapping become an actual skillshot, subject to latency issues and whatnot. I think it will be really really difficult to land traps on moving players in WoD unless they increase the travel time to near instantaneous.

Also the loss of scatter shot for peels and interrupting will be huge.

i have a dream, that one day my targeted cc will be just as easy to get off as polymorph or fear instead of requiring the skills of a navy seals sniper to get off
    at least there's still mongoloid damage, right guys?

I suppose we need to use Concussive shot to slow them to trap effectively now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this just means more teamwork for the setup. When I run KFC we dont use Scatter Shot for Traps, we use Stormbolt.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

What a shitty change. Scatter Shot is the only reliable way to land a trap on something, and it's bullshit to make hunters have to rely on other players to land their own crap.

Not sure I like the sound of this. Scatter Shot has other uses (including PvE) and the new system seems awfully dependent on low latency.

I've always felt that traps should be an intrinsic part of being a Hunter, takes skill, high risk high reward type of deal. Cheesing you into a trap with scatter is lame.

Pity because I like scatter, but if it's traps or scatter I vote traps stay, and needless to say CC needs pruning.

Obviously this will suck for high latency (sigh oceanic /wrists) but hey, being a fully mobile ranged with autoshot already compensates a lot for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    i have a dream, that one day my targeted cc will be just as easy to get off as polymorph or fear instead of requiring the skills of a navy seals sniper to get off
    at least there's still mongoloid damage, right guys?
    I have a dream, that one day freeze trap will have a cast time like polymorph or fear.

How the heck did this change make it? Between MS and the fact players move, how will anyone ever land a trap? This is unbelievable

10+ Year Old Account
    Im really sad about the loss of scatter.
    And not primarily in the context of trapping.
    For trapping we will make due as always.
    Its been an invaluable survival tool for me for many years.
    Rouge on your ass? Scatter his face and flare him up.
    Warrior in your face? Scatter faaaaaace
    Scatter the fuck out of them all...

Now its all disengage instaweb.
    Fine and dandy that, but it will never be as satisfying as a scatter to the face.

I guess I will have to put it in the sad box now
    Along such greats as;
    100% run speed limit on concussive shot,
    50 focus on kb,
    Eyes of the beast,
    wing clip & entrapment

Deleted
    This sucks. I rather have a cast-time and target CC. Traps with a Travle time and that have to be aimed is just unfair. I understand if we hjad something that could be interrupted, but having to rely on someone else to be able to trap ruins solo play. Trap launcher should just get a target and 1.5 sec cast time, and be able to be deactivated for insta traps on the ground.

this makes me a very sad panda indeed (or nelf :P) ...scatter shot is so useful and I'm not talking about pvp either...

ITT: Idiots getting up in arms saying how a single change in the next expansion is going to greatly effect everything using information and examples only relevant to the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    Ahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    What a shitty change. Scatter Shot is the only reliable way to land a trap on something, and it's bullshit to make hunters have to rely on other players to land their own crap.
    You'll still have disengage root and concussive shot. If anything this will be a buff in arena because it triggers instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    You'll still have disengage root and concussive shot. If anything this will be a buff in arena because it triggers instantly.
    Not when they're in motion and with latency issues. The Scatter Shot kept them in place.

Deleted
    Well hunters currently have lots of other things to trap off other than scatter. So they'll have to remove those in WoD as well for this to even be considered as good.

I won't be playing WoD from the looks of the mechanics changes they're pushing through. Removing the trap arming time means no more eating traps. Another 6 year old mechanic they just kill without thinking about the consequence.

They are really risking unravelling all the intrinsic PvP mechanics that existed since TBC/Wrath which are the only reason a vast amount of player still play.

WoW latency movement latency is bad and has gotten worse in arena since they merged battle groups. The server doesn't detect where you are until you charge direction. Or strafe left and right. A skillshot in WoW is a garbage idea, that's why they're removing monk orbs. I really hope skillshots aren't the intended direction with this though, good hunters already did that in certain situations anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc44ab44658a; 2014-02-28 at 05:49 AM.

A skillshot in WoW is a garbage idea, that's why they're removing monk orbs.
    Fair point. They're removing the monk orb ability because it's not fun trying to click on a moving player's feet, but are deliberately adding that same problem to traps?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd give us a choice to drop trap at our feet pre-trap launcher and launched(two trap versions, feet and launch..not like old trap launcher lol when it was a CD)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Scatter Shot is the only reliable way to land a trap on something
    I wouldn't call scatter + trap reliable.