Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I might as well ask this here. With stuns being on the same DR and disarms being removed. How do you think we will fall into place compared to the plate and hybrid classes? I dont mind relearning tactics but this kind of worries me especially since i really do enjoy rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    I might as well ask this here. With stuns being on the same DR and disarms being removed. How do you think we will fall into place compared to the plate and hybrid classes? I dont mind relearning tactics but this kind of worries me especially since i really do enjoy rogues.

we gonna lose the disarm ability because i use it alot but i'll deal because its not important to our damage unless your trying to keep target's target alive.

i don't think we'll lose any of our stuns, theirs only CS and KS, (poison stuns needs to go but thats not a button)

and i am getting the idea that each spec is either losing SnD, Rupture and/or something else im not sure.

i believe our rotation is going to be simplified overall, + wer gaining some new abilitys too, much more interesting ones at that so if your worried stuff gonna get boring for you just go read up how the new shadow copy ability is working, shits about to get REALLY interesting, and the game play shouldn't be different at all

Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    we gonna lose the disarm ability because i use it alot but i'll deal because its not important to our damage unless your trying to keep target's target alive.

i don't think we'll lose any of our stuns, theirs only CS and KS, (poison stuns needs to go but thats not a button)

and i am getting the idea that each spec is either losing SnD, Rupture and/or something else im not sure.

i believe our rotation is going to be simplified overall, + wer gaining some new abilitys too, much more interesting ones at that so if your worried stuff gonna get boring for you just go read up how the new shadow copy ability is working, shits about to get REALLY interesting, and the game play shouldn't be different at all
    I agree that its about to get interesting, something that has been long overdue.
    Last edited by Ragaflask; 2014-02-28 at 05:34 PM.

I don't know if you would consider this bloat, but I get highly annoyed at having to reapply poisons all the time. Why can't they just be like auras in that you'd set them and forget them?

So we're loosing dismantle, that's fine. I'd like to see Prep go because I want all CD resetting abilities to go and CDs to be balanced better. Pipe dream probably. Expose armor could probably go. It's nice they made it a combo builder but it's still not used frequently. Crimson tempest is meh at best. Really though I'd just like to see Rupture go. I hate that they force it into every spec because it's just not an exciting button to push and if I wanted to play a bleed/Dot melee I'd play feral.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see something like hemo baked into backstab somehow. We'll see. Even if they do exactly zero of this I still couldn't be more excited for WoD. Scaling things back, less CC, tighter DR categories (even if it hurts us) and all the other changes are looking to be super sweet.

Preparation --> passive/charges
    Recuperate --> second wind
    Crimson Tempest --> remove
    Expose Armor --> remove

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    Preparation --> passive/charges
    Crimson Tempest --> remove
    Expose Armor --> remove
    +
    SnD --> removed
    Shadow Walk --> passive (for some specs)

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    +
    SnD --> removed
    Why the hell would you remove SnD?

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    +
    SnD --> removed
    SnD will be passive for Assa anyway, but I wouldn't remove it from the other specs. What I would do is make the Sub SnD's energy boost passive. SnD in PVP used to be purely for sustained damage, and now SnD is a goddamn requirement and it has to be up before you start doing anything.

So many people want RvS, rupture and SnD removed from combat for an example. To me it sounds kinda boring to only press 2 buttons.

RVS is fine as an extra button for combat, but I really think that the extra button should be an execute and not an old glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Why the hell would you remove SnD?
    Because its boring and one more button to press.

Slice and Dice is skillful and good because bad rogues refresh it badly and good rogues refresh it well. I'm glad it's going passive for assassination, where it's not very interesting, but it's very much a good button for sub and combat, and it is powerful.

RvS was never a glyph. There was a glyph that improved RvS. RvS improves kidney shot, which is very important if you want to pvp as combat. The fact that the old SS glyph got rolled in is just gravy. Since its inception, RvS was there to increase finisher effect.

The whole point of this fucking stealth only move is that you activate it strategically.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    RvS was never a glyph. There was a glyph that improved RvS. RvS improves kidney shot, which is very important if you want to pvp as combat. The fact that the old SS glyph got rolled in is just gravy. Since its inception, RvS was there to increase finisher effect.
    He's referring to the way in MoP that RvS incorporated the old sinister strike glyph. And not increased finisher effect. They could have just as easily just baselined the RvS finisher effect though. (I think making it a secondary generator was the right way to go though).

Incidentally, I liked the wrath version of the sinister strike glyph better, personally. The cata version of SS glyph was a buff at most gear levels, though.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-03-01 at 09:48 PM.

I like this idea alot!

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I like this idea alot!
    I don't because second wind only works at 35% health, while Recup can be up from 100%. If you are at 35% with a rogue you are practically dead. You die in two hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I don't because second wind only works at 35% health, while Recup can be up from 100%. If you are at 35% with a rogue you are practically dead. You die in two hits.
    That's what healers are for! Wasting combopoints on healing is annoying and nobody likes it when a rogue vanishes and comes back with 100% life

10+ Year Old Account
    I had an idea a while back that I posted on the official forums about Recuperate, it basically involved turning Recuperate into a Regrowth-like heal (an instant heal followed by a small HoT).

Here's the copy-paste (from December 2012)

"I always thought it would be interesting if they reworked Recuperate into a burst heal (with a small cd), that could include a HoT afterwards, similar to how an unglyphed Regrowth works.

Currently an unglyphed Recuperate heals 30% over the full 30 seconds with 5 cps. Maybe something like an instant 5 or 6% health per combo point, with an extra 2% health per combo point over 10 seconds with an 8-10 second cooldown. This would buff the overall healing slightly, but more importantly, front-load most of it (ex. a 5cp Recuperate would instantly heal 25 or 30% health with an extra 10% over 10 seconds). The cooldown would exist to prevent the inevitable QQ about rogues spamming it during sblades (if there wasn't a cooldown)."

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody likes it when a rogue vanishes and comes back with 100% life
    Uhhh, I like it. I like it very much. Being able to vanish with a handful of combo points left over and popping recuperate sure as hell beats walking around looking for a healer, or one of the healing... nodes or whatever they're called.

And besides, what if you don't have a single healer? "Oh well it's GG anyways" is bull. I like having the option to spend points on healing, it's not like I have to always do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Uhhh, I like it. I like it very much. Being able to vanish with a handful of combo points left over and popping recuperate sure as hell beats walking around looking for a healer, or one of the healing... nodes or whatever they're called.

And besides, what if you don't have a single healer? "Oh well it's GG anyways" is bull. I like having the option to spend points on healing, it's not like I have to always do it.
    Might be just me, but I much prefered the old CC and bandage/eat. When playing a rogue and when facing a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Slice and Dice is skillful and good because bad rogues refresh it badly and good rogues refresh it well..

Couldn't have said it better.