Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

It just won't feel as EPIC!

I have to agree, I'm happy to see item/stat squish coming in WOD. The math the server is having to crunch on raid damage must be pretty intense now, I can't imagine the latency when servers have to crunch numbers in excess of seven digits in real time. But... It won't feel quite as epic getting a crit on a boss in WoD for a whopping 50K damage. In order to soothe the transition from being gods of destruction to mere urchins of turmoil, I would like to suggest Blizzard put in some 'atta boys' voice overs, like from Quake 3... "HEAD SHOT!" "KILLING SPREE!" and the ever popular, "GOD-LIKE!" needs to come over the speakers when we slap our anemic foes with ice-cube melting fireballs and drink-chilling frost bolts.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if someone will develop an addon to re-inflate the numbers?

Relative damage = all that matters to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as crocolisks still flip over when you kill them with a crit, it's all good.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

There are already a few topics on this subject. You could have easily continued the conversation there.

Just to stay on topic: keep in mind that you, personally, as a character did not defeat any single raid boss on your own and will never be considered someone "Who could punch Deathwing in the face and save the world alone." Soloing is a side-effect of math, not lore.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always felt the way health/etc skyrocketed in Cata and Mists was dumb. I welcome the squish with open arms!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Who cares how it "feels", it's a 32 bit program which means it has limitations which means I'm just happy it will work after the stat squish.

Deleted
    Are you really saying that only by doing 500000000000+ criticals it makes this game "epic"? Seriously, what the hell. Do you find some stupid cookie clicking games "epic" because you have trillions of cookies?

Deleted
    If anything it will feel more epic to me. When the numbers are smaller each increase in stats is going to be more noticeable, each crit is going to be markedly larger than my normal attacks. I'd rather each individual point felt like it was doing something.

Long as I'm still killing monsters as quickly, it's fine by me. I went through periods of the game where the numbers were lower than those post-squish. They may have steadily gotten bigger, but they have not commensurately gotten more epic. I suspect that when they get smaller, the same principle will apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Are you really saying that only by doing 500000000000+ criticals it makes this game "epic"? Seriously, what the hell. Do you find some stupid cookie clicking games "epic" because you have trillions of cookies?
    Only scrubs have trillions of cookies. I deal with quintillions of cookies. During a frenzy, i generate something like 3.5 Quadrillions cookies PER SECOND.

On topic: I welcome our new squished overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Only scrubs have trillions of cookies. I deal with quintillions of cookies. During a frenzy, i generate something like 3.5 Quadrillions cookies PER SECOND.
    I did not know, i've never played it ;__; (because i hate all browser games)

Anyway, personally i think i won't even notice squish, only thing that matters to me is how fast mobs die. I don't usually watch numbers on my screen.

Wow. Some people just go instant jerkface... doesn't even seem like some of you read what he said, just assumed he was complaining.

OP: Kind of funny. Go ahead and write the addon :P

Topic: I ALSO (for those of you who cannot read) welcome the squish. I'm wondering if they didn't take it far enough. Considering exponential growth will occur again in order to support tears of gear... That one review said he had 30K health. Seems like to support growth we'd be back to high double digits by the end of the xpac, and probably into the hundreads of thousands again by the end of the next. I'd have given myself more room by reverting to BC numbers, not wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Yes I do.

You just hate cookie clicker :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Who cares how it "feels", it's a 32 bit program which means it has limitations which means I'm just happy it will work after the stat squish.
    This is all that really matters. We wont have bosses who heal back up all the fucking time now, and wont be pushing the limits on the processor.

Believe it or not, even a several decade old calculator can handle huge numbers let alone modern expensive high tech servers, plus the fact Blizzard it said was for convenience, I highly doubt server stress was the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    So many people in this thread just got bitchslapped by reality .

Quote Originally Posted by Grush View Post
    Believe it or not, even a several decade old calculator can handle huge numbers let alone modern expensive high tech servers, plus the fact Blizzard it said was for convenience, I highly doubt server stress was the issue.
    Stress wasn't the issue. Blowing through what can be represented in 32 bit integers was the issue.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

but... It won't feel quite as epic getting a crit on a boss in WoD for a whopping 50K damage.
    Yes it will, it's all about the mindset - within a week of playing the patch(6.0) you'll get a better feel for the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to kill a Timeless Isle elite in 5 seconds or less will still feel epic...But there's just something so satisfying about a multi-million Chaos Bolt hit, I will miss that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    blizzard cannot keep running a 32 bit engine forever. as support ceases for it they will be forced to upgrade.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I played the Beta at Blizzcon, and honestly, you get used to it in about 30 seconds. People are blowing this up way more than it's worth. Big numbers are still going to be epic, hell, I remember when I first crit 40k in Wrath as a tank, I felt like the biggest badass in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    blizzard cannot keep running a 32 bit engine forever. as support ceases for it they will be forced to upgrade.
    Isn't the client 64 bit by default? I'm pretty sure you have to go out of your way to activate 32 bit in the launcher settings.
    You just lost The Game