Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmmo View Post
    You're only looking at yourself. Your progression, relative to everything else, will remain unchanged. If you can kill level 70 mobs 100 times easier than you could at level 70 today because you deal 450k dps, then you'll be able to in WoD doing 45k dps because the mob will have 1/10 its former health pool.

Are your numbers 30 levels smaller? Yes. But are they 30 levels smaller in relation to the rest of the world? No.
    Its not going to work like that.

For example, a Fireball that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of his 3,000,000 health (15% of its health) may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health).
    Directly from the blog post. Also, the linearity will only be from 1-85, so there will still be an upswing, albeit alot shorter, for MOP and then a bigger one during raiding tiers of Warlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the amazement of the stat squish it doesn't actually effect anything yet they are treating it as a new game feature of wod >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Its not going to work like that.
    Then how is it going to work? I mean, Blizzard is designing it, so do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Then how is it going to work? I mean, Blizzard is designing it, so do tell.
    He's not necessarily wrong. They aren't doing the squish terrible far back so outdoor mobs in BC aren't necessarily going to have lower HP. You'll still overpower them just like you would have in dungeon blues at 80, but not the same as you do now.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

This isnt going to help because what they ARENT addressing is the issue with it scaling so hard. They have already said each raid difficulty will be 10 item levels above the last (down from about 13 in MoP) but that doesnt help when we have FOUR difficulties.

Why we have Flex(WoD Normal) and Normal(WoD Heroic) both with flexible size is beyond me, they are close enough in difficulty to be merged.

Personally I would like to go back to 1 size, 20 man would be fine, but since thats unlikely, cutting it down to 3 needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    This isnt going to help because what they ARENT addressing is the issue with it scaling so hard. They have already said each raid difficulty will be 10 item levels above the last (down from about 13 in MoP) but that doesnt help when we have FOUR difficulties.
    It does if they're redoing the stat curve entirely. Keep in mind, percentage/ratio-wise, the difference between 333 and 343 gear isn't as much as 433 and 443 gear. And 533 and 543 gear are much, much farther apart than the last. But... 553 and 563 gear is a difference gap that nearly combines the previous examples together. The curve is being reworked.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Eh, Blizzard made it clear that they think the player base is too stupid to understand big numbers with the reasoning in their latest blog post.

It's important to understand that this isn’t a nerf—in effect, you’ll still be just as powerful, but the numbers that you see will be easier to comprehend.
    It makes no real difference to me, but it saddens me to see how poorly the player base can handle simple numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It does if they're redoing the stat curve entirely. Keep in mind, percentage/ratio-wise, the difference between 333 and 343 gear isn't as much as 433 and 443 gear. And 533 and 543 gear are much, much farther apart than the last. But... 553 and 563 gear is a difference gap that nearly combines the previous examples together. The curve is being reworked.
    I know, but after 3 raids they will be up 120 item levels, which is massive. Also, having heroic gear just 3% better than LFR gear would be ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Eh, Blizzard made it clear that they think the player base is too stupid to understand big numbers with the reasoning in their latest blog post.

It makes no real difference to me, but it saddens me to see how poorly the player base can handle simple numbers.
    It saddens me you dont understand what 32 bit processing is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    This is true.

To put it another way, if you draw a line representing the growth of power in an expansion, it gets steeper with each expansion. That means each individual item level is worth more in later expansions. The item squish is undoing that, so that individual item levels are less powerful in later expansions (and of roughly equal power for the first 85 levels, instead of the first 60 levels).

Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Stat squish is one of the worst ideas Blizzard has ever come up with.

You have to admit the damage is getting out of control. I have crappy gear and I can crit for 1,000,000 points. Do you play many other mmo's? Nobody had 234,032 average dps per fight. How much better would it be to have 234 dps.

Right now people rage on class balance saying my DPS is 234,345 and yours is 176,000. That is a difference of 58,000 dps

If one char had 234 dps and the other had 176 it would only be a difference of 58. I get it is the same percentage, I just think you will see less whining after the stat squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That would result in the problem that gear from old content will be too similar to new content. We already had that problem during Vanilla with seval sets with a very good set bonus. They had to nerf them so people would stop wearing them 2 raids later.
    And that is dumb, whats wrong with wearing tier that is old. It just gives you more content. Instead of running only current tier you can run previous tiers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    It saddens me you dont understand what 32 bit processing is.
    Allow me to make this explicitly clear, since you seem incapable of comprehending basic English. What follows is a direct quote from Blizzard, with the relevant portion in bold italics for emphasis.

"It's important to understand that this isn’t a nerf—in effect, you’ll still be just as powerful, but the numbers that you see will be easier to comprehend."

That statement doesn't say anything about code limitations, speed of processing, glitches or bugs caused by unusually high health totals, or anything even slightly related to the actual workings of the game. It is an explicit statement that Blizzard believes that the player base is less able to comprehend bigger numbers. That is literally the entire point of their statement. Whether or not they have other motivations for the item squish, and whether or not those motivations are true, is completely irrelevant to my point. My point, as I explicitly said, was that Blizzard is assuming the player base is too stupid to understand big numbers, which is the only reason they would make the statement I emphasized and quoted from their most recent blog post.

Contrary to your inaccurate and baseless assumption, I am fully aware of 32-bit processing, as well as the technical reasons why an item squish is beneficial. It makes no real difference to be personally, as I am intelligent enough to realize that doing 10% of a monster's damage is the same regardless of what actual numbers are involved. However, none of that was mentioned in the blog post, and thus was not the subject of my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    doesnt look awesome to me.. looks like they just erased 6 years of progress.. for all intended purposes you can say that your character gained NO power in the last 6 years.. Wrath, Cata, Panda ... you just had all that progress your character made.. null and voided. welcome to the biggest nerf in the history of the game. and before the i kill it in 5 seconds like i did before the squish crowd.. i had no problems killing in the same time frame as now as when i was in BC either.

Ill take the squish and get over it.. but i expect to see the biggest mass exit yet when the overwhelmingly large DPS crowd gets the news.
    How is this a nerf in any way or form lol. As you know you can STILL do all the stuff you´re doing now?

If your going to argue that it's a bad idea. You have to give a reason. I have not seen one besides my epeen will be checked. Which is a terrible reason.

Deleted
    No it doesnt look awsome from the perspective of my tank bear who gets the shits nerved from 1,5mill hp to shit....
    goodby progress...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That would result in the problem that gear from old content will be too similar to new content. We already had that problem during Vanilla with seval sets with a very good set bonus. They had to nerf them so people would stop wearing them 2 raids later.
    And this is a problem how? Reduce benefits from out leveling gear and tada.It has been done to legendaries and can be made as baseline on gear. Though I'm sure Blizz found a better way.

Allow me to make this explicitly clear, since you seem incapable of comprehending basic English. What follows is a direct quote from Blizzard, with the relevant portion in bold italics for emphasis.

"It's important to understand that this isn’t a nerf—in effect, you’ll still be just as powerful, but the numbers that you see will be easier to comprehend."

That statement doesn't say anything about code limitations, speed of processing, glitches or bugs caused by unusually high health totals, or anything even slightly related to the actual workings of the game. It is an explicit statement that Blizzard believes that the player base is less able to comprehend bigger numbers. That is literally the entire point of their statement. Whether or not they have other motivations for the item squish, and whether or not those motivations are true, is completely irrelevant to my point. My point, as I explicitly said, was that Blizzard is assuming the player base is too stupid to understand big numbers, which is the only reason they would make the statement I emphasized and quoted from their most recent blog post.

Contrary to your inaccurate and baseless assumption, I am fully aware of 32-bit processing, as well as the technical reasons why an item squish is beneficial. It makes no real difference to be personally, as I am intelligent enough to realize that doing 10% of a monster's damage is the same regardless of what actual numbers are involved. However, none of that was mentioned in the blog post, and thus was not the subject of my statement.
    Right, because they wouldn't want to stir up issues about still offering 32-bit support by saying the squish is because of that. Blizzard saying that it is because 32-bit cant handle it, there would be a lot of complaints that they need to stop offering 32-bit support.

Let me bold a point for you, since it worked so well for your post. I like that style. (Bold. Bold is the style I like.)
    The community already makes numbers easier to comprehend on its own.
    Who talks about doing 450,000 damage? Nobody. They talk about doing 450k damage. The numbers after 450k are chump change and disregarded.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Quality of the game is improving, I approve the stat squish. Good on Blizzard for being proactive about their game's health and trying to keep it going. Your efforts blizzard aren't going unnoticed. <3