Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    For Holy Priest:

- Sw:P
    - Chakra (Serenity, Sanctuary and Chastise will take one for the team if it means removing that awful playstyle)
    - Void Shift
    - Binding Heal
    - Dispel Magic (offensive)
    - SW: Death

Hahahhaha good joke. Void Shift? One of two of the ONLY utility Holy has?!?!?! Binding Heal????????? Seriously?????? That is SO IMPORTANT to Holy. Thanks for the laugh though, lol.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Hopefully, Divine Star, Cascade and Halo will all be removed or significantly nerfed.
    They just need to do something with Halo's range requirement, the other two are fine.

PoM and Renew gone from Shadow
    Shadowform becomes passive; no longer need to click to activate
    Flash Heal becomes "Dark Binding" if you're Shadow.
    Power Word: Shield becomes "Void Shield" if you're Shadow
    Binding Heal gone from Shadow
    Smite gone from Shadow

Dispel Magic gone from Holy and Disc
    Shadow Word: Pain gone from Holy and Disc
    Shadow Word: Death gone from Holy and Disc
    Mind Sear gone from Holy and Disc, and get Holy Nova back instead.
    Shadowfiend/Mindbender renamed something related to the light, for Holy and Disc.

Power Word: Shield gone from Holy
    Renew gone from Disc
    Body and Soul now works with Renew as well (15 sec icd).

Mind Vision gone permanetely
    Last edited by muto; 2014-03-01 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    No worries, the mage & lock community's QQ will work in our favor!! All casters will be buffed within a week.
    Since when? mages and locks will QQ and get a hotfix within 2 hours. For shadowpriests, we'll retain it as a 'spec weakness.'

BTW guys, when we talk about ability bloat: It means number of active keybinds you 'must' have at all times. So spells like mind vision where its fun to use every now and then but not 100% mandatory to use? That's not bloat.

Bloat:
    Shadowform having a button because there's 2 important healing spells (resurrection and flash heal) that remove shadowform, so you need to have a button in case you get pulled out at some time, or to re-enter after you die.

Inner fire and Inner Will having a button, even though one of the spells is pretty much used 95% of the time, and the other is used occasionally by healing specs or just for wipe recovery.

Bloat is buttons you feel you must have active, just because in the rare instance you need to click it, its important.
    Its also when you have two cooldowns or abilities that you always use at the same time, and just keybind together anyway.
    Bloat is anytime you have an ability/buff that should always been active and the only reason you have a button is to put it back up when you die.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2014-02-28 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    In all honesty, "removing the button bloat" is just an excuse to do some partial revamp, I don't get how Phsychic Scream participates in the bloat, though I don't care if it is gone when there are just too many counters to fear atm.

And "ability bloat" also needs context, you are not spamming the same spells in PvE and PvP. I don't see how any of our DMG ability will go away, we just have too few(we got one cooldown baseline, compared to 2-4 for most others). For shadow I can only see utility going away, does that mean the hybrid tax will go away?

I think blizzard wants every other class to look a lot more like shadow: very few cooldown, and a real choice to be made between utility and damage. We saw rogues loosing Shadow blades, and others CDs blend together. So if we take it from this perspective, I think SP will be one of the class to loose the less abilities.

But that would still remain pointless, if you have warlocks or mages that deal 20% more damage than any other caster. So I hope DPS balance will be blizzard's first concern for WoD, if that's not the case I doubt my subscription will last more than a month going into the expansion.
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2014-03-01 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard has said they want to tone down instant CCs, and also casting on the move. Its not just Psychic Scream which got removed.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Smite gone from Shadow
    Not sure why people keep insisting Shadow has Smite. It doesn't. Smite becomes Mind Flay the moment you spec into Shadow from Holy/Disc. Mind Flay becomes Smite when you go Holy/Disc.

Shadow Word: Pain gone from Holy and Disc
    Shadow Word: Death gone from Holy and Disc
    Both can proc ToF, but its fair enough since Holy Fire's dot can too.

Mind Sear gone from Holy and Disc, and get Holy Nova back instead.
    Mind Sear is the spell which gives Holy good AoE in red chakra. Its a utility Holy has in these dark ages where Disc is OP. It also serves as a stealth scanner in PvP for all 3 specs, and the range in which it does is much smaller than Halo's.

Body and Soul now works with Renew as well.
    OP.

A lot of your other suggestions make sense tho.

I don't think Pyschic Scream removal will go through if it that's really being debated? It's the only way to peel melee as a Shadow Priest outside of the T1 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Hahahhaha good joke. Void Shift? One of two of the ONLY utility Holy has?!?!?! Binding Heal????????? Seriously?????? That is SO IMPORTANT to Holy. Thanks for the laugh though, lol.
    Erm yes, actually. Void Shift gone from the Holy toolbox I don't see how this is a joke.

Binding Heal is just another heal amongst the tons Holy already has. We don't need 20 situation spells for 20 seperate situations.

Deleted
    Seeing how our level 100 talents work, Holy will keep void shift.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, priests probably won't loss that many, blizz's reference to 20% removal is a bit vague tbh. Some classes could potentially lose more, some speccs, etc, it just feels like too general a number at this point. I defintiely think we'll probably lose a few things but we're definitely not "bloated" to the extent some classes are, druids immediately come to my mind.

Blizz has already separated our stuff pretty well between shadow and the healing speccs, this like mind spike, mind blast, devouring plague, divine hymn, etc, have been relegated over the course of the previous expansions. For cross spec abilities the healers get sw, sw:d, void shift, mind sear which could potentially be scrapped, I suppose, but I can't imagine they really take up any healers keybinds. Shadow gets pw:s, renew, flash heal, prayer of mending, (I don't often play shadow so it's possible I've missed some) and they are probably bound for pvp players and perhaps shield for pve, but again, this isn't actually a lot of crossover and is kind of what being a hybrid class is about, imo.

One of the biggest contenders for being scrapped in my mind is PoM, from ALL speccs not just shadow. It's frequently used, is a relatively small source of healing in our overall spectrum of abilities, it's instant cast (which Blizzard has expressed interest in dialing down), and it isn't really solidly tied into any existing class mechanics, aside from DI for holy, and this seems to me like the type of talent that would be easy to change to say, some sort of interaction with CoH. I could also potentially see Hymn of Hope being removed and rolled into our shadowfiend/mindbender, as well holy fire since it functions as an instant "heal" for disc, it would provide a way to throttle atonement (that's a different topic entirely), isn't functionally tied to any real existing mechanics aside from evangelism, and you've still got other sources for that, and just like PoM it isn't really a priest ability that is really ingrained as iconic in the sense that say CoH, or penance are. I can't really comment on shadow, I understand the basics but I don't play it enough to really identify similar abilities.

Deleted
    I agree, PoM will most likely become either a passive from say GH or just be gone. And I hope HoH goes away, I just hate that spell. It's the remnant of the mana battery era.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Seeing how our level 100 talents work, Holy will keep void shift.
    A blue post said that talent would not make it. I don't have a link for it though, my apologies, so you can believe whatever you want.

So my opinions what spells are going to be removed:
    Inner will and Inner fire
    Fade (This I find very useful but it has an easy work-around)
    Physic scream and fear ward (Maybe combine these to make fear ward something you place on a target and it fears everyone around it.)
    Heal (obiviously highly situational and not so needed lesser heal)
    Chakras ( I, despite all the people who hate being holy, actually love playing holy way more than disc. So I suppose Chakras are not so bad and I enjoy the stance dancing and all the properties it brings *Highly PvP oriented* "
    Mind Flay ( Insanity should be reworked )
    Binding Heal ( For not being useful enough but I highly doubt this )
    Void Shift ( I greatly hope they won't delete it )
    PoH and CoH combined ( Holy only )
    Spirit Shell
    Last edited by mmoc4f26fd59c0; 2014-03-01 at 12:25 PM. Reason: grammatical errors

Deleted
    Mind flay can't go, its the filler! You don't get rid of the filler lol:P (still needs some adjustment)But charkas has to go, it fits perfectly the definition of button bloat:P

I did not know about the blue post, so yeah it is possible void shift can go, but let us be honest, it is a bad spell. Druid/shaman have the same thing on a much lower cooldown and it's not putting them at risk... Either heal or binding heal will go, or maybe both.

SS could go too, resulting in barrier being the only CD left. But then something will probably be done to get "reliable shielding" done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Mind flay can't go, its the filler! You don't get rid of the filler lol:P (still needs some adjustment)But charkas has to go, it fits perfectly the definition of button bloat:P

I did not know about the blue post, so yeah it is possible void shift can go, but let us be honest, it is a bad spell. Druid/shaman have the same thing on a much lower cooldown and it's not putting them at risk... Either heal or binding heal will go, or maybe both.

SS could go too, resulting in barrier being the only CD left. But then something will probably be done to get "reliable shielding" done.
    Reduce absorbs & scaling with gear. Increase throughput. Done. Everyone is happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taberman View Post
    A blue post said that talent would not make it. I don't have a link for it though, my apologies, so you can believe whatever you want.

So my opinions what spells are going to be removed:
    Inner will and Inner fire
    Fade (This I find very useful but it has an easy work-around)
    Physic scream and fear ward (Maybe combine these to make fear ward something you place on a target and it fears everyone around it.)
    Heal (obiviously highly situational and not so needed lesser heal)
    Chakras ( I, despite all the people who hate being holy, actually love playing holy way more than disc. So I suppose Chakras are not so bad and I enjoy the stance dancing and all the properties it brings *Highly PvP oriented* "
    Mind Flay ( Insanity should be reworked )
    Binding Heal ( For not being useful enough but I highly doubt this )
    Void Shift ( I greatly hope they won't delete it )
    PoH and CoH combined ( Holy only )
    Spirit Shell
    My preferred playstyle for Shadow is that we're always in Shadowform. Make Shadowform a passive even, and remove holy spells like Flash heal, binding heal.

Shadow keeps Void Shift, shadow keeps renew.

Deleted
    I'd really like to see Mind vision and those kind of flavor spells stay tbh. I'd much rather see rotation abilities merged, for example vampiric touch, plague and shadow word: pain all serve exactly the same purpose, just take 3 buttons to make you 'work' for your damage, you could easily bake the damage into one spell.

I liked the idea someone posted for having renew as holy and PW:S as disc, would give them both unique flavor from each other which is severely lacking atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I'd really like to see Mind vision and those kind of flavor spells stay tbh. I'd much rather see rotation abilities merged, for example vampiric touch, plague and shadow word: pain all serve exactly the same purpose, just take 3 buttons to make you 'work' for your damage, you could easily bake the damage into one spell.

I liked the idea someone posted for having renew as holy and PW:S as disc, would give them both unique flavor from each other which is severely lacking atm.
    Please no to almost everything you said.

If you go down that route then you may as well just have everything baked into mindflay and just spam that for a whole fight.
    Our 'rotation' needs more, not less. It's already one of the simplest out there and that makes the delta between a skilled priest and an average priest depressingly small. When there's no reward for good play there's little incentive to try - which from my experience quickly diminishes the 'fun'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    If you go down that route then you may as well just have everything baked into mindflay and just spam that for a whole fight.
    But minion sacrifice and shadowbolt spam was good gameplay! /s

Binding heal could also become a discipline exclusive spell that heals two targets (and not necessarily the priest) with holy being given exclusive access to flash heal (with mana costs and throughput balanced of course). This would go some way to resolving the lack of AoE healing that discipline has outside of the L90 talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Please no to almost everything you said.

Our 'rotation' needs more, not less. It's already one of the simplest out there and that makes the delta between a skilled priest and an average priest depressingly small. When there's no reward for good play there's little incentive to try - which from my experience quickly diminishes the 'fun'.
    Well if fun to you is more buttons for no extra purpose then that's your prerogative, personally that diminishes the fun and I'd way rather see spells that actually do something depending on the situation and the same applies to many classes. Crusader strike is just an autoattack with a button, there's no point to it's existence.

And at no point did I say bake everything into mindflay, so lets not put words into each other mouths ktxh

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Shackle Undead is a niche spell and doesn't have a keybind (at least not since Wrath) I don't see it going.
    Fade has uses beyond an aggro dump, I macro it to my shadowfiend to make it tank - its won me fights in brawler's guild (also see tier 2 talent Phantasm)
    Mind Spike? Really? Its a core spell.
    Divine Hymn will be less powerful with haste snapshotting I believe.

For Glyphs - Make Mind Vision a glyph and nobody loses, make the mana regen effect of Vampiric Touch a glyph that restores mana when you mind flay.
    I got Shackle bound. DKs Gargoyles are dangerous.