Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will mount farming become much harder in WoD?

Now I can easily solo almost all old content for mount drops. What would happen after item squish? Will it become harder or impossible to solo bosses from 1 or 2 expansion behind current expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Now I can easily solo almost all old content for mount drops. What would happen after item squish? Will it become harder or impossible to solo bosses from 1 or 2 expansion behind current expansion?
    Blizzard said solo'ing old content won't be affected. So no need to worry, my child.
    It'll even become easier just like every new expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    "If it takes you 5seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog, it will still take you 5 seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog." - Greg Street

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    Blizzard said solo'ing old content won't be affected. So no need to worry, my child.
    It'll even become easier just like every new expansion
    How can it not become affected? We assume that there won't by any big stat jumps between expansions thus bosses woul have to be adjusted as well.

How can it not become affected? We assume that there won't by any big stat jumps between expansions thus bosses woul have to be adjusted as well.
    Exactly. Old mobs/bosses will be affected aswell

"This also won’t reduce your ability to solo old content. In fact, to provide some additional peace of mind, we're implementing further scaling of your power against lower-level targets so that earlier content will be even more accessible than it is now." If that affects boss targets is yet to be seen, but it's clear that they are aware and intend to keep our ability to solo older content alive.

I'm not sure they would change old stuff. I know it's flimsy, but it sounds like they're going to make a system where your Damage/Healing/Health increases in old raids (maybe dungeons too) based off the difference between your ilvl and the instance's intended design ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrophius View Post
    "This also won’t reduce your ability to solo old content. In fact, to provide some additional peace of mind, we're implementing further scaling of your power against lower-level targets so that earlier content will be even more accessible than it is now." If that affects boss targets is yet to be seen, but it's clear that they are aware and intend to keep our ability to solo older content alive.
    honestly, its hard to believe anything blizzard says since their last actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    I'm not sure they would change old stuff. I know it's flimsy, but it sounds like they're going to make a system where your Damage/Healing/Health increases in old raids (maybe dungeons too) based off the difference between your ilvl and the instance's intended design ilvl.
    My guess is they'll just scale them down aswell. Can't see them implementing a buff to get you back to the old numbers when you're in a pre-WoD instance/dungeon/area.

Not really, unless you're an insane sensationalist with the inability to apply logic in literally any situation.

Solo'ing will still be easily achievable.

Huh?

Care to post anything of substance or are you comfortable with whines that a retard could come up with?

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-03-02 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    "If it takes you 5seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog, it will still take you 5 seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog." - Greg Street
    People quote that line quite often but leave out a very important part --the words "At max level " -- so it may be slightly more difficult until we reach 100 ( look at and interpret the graphs that accompanied the item squish info and you can see why )

I see a chance that some of the content under the parabolic curve might be affected in some way; and I think they hinted to that in a blue post or tweet in the last few months.

Gulp frogs won't be affected; but look at the curves of 60-70 content. These current graphs are our hp. The previous power player graphs are similar but the upswing happens a bit earlier.

Either they nerf every instance and most mobs in the game, making people at level have an even easier time, to keep high/max level relative power the same; or there will be a point on the graph where relative power player versus the mobs falls off.

I'd honestly rather see instance scaling using a queueing system, personal loot, and a reward bag/JP/VP at the end for transmog runs; while you could still run there yourself and have the classic loot system, choosing your rng risk

They said you get some kind of buff to help with old content. I still find it funny people say the squish doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    People quote that line quite often but leave out a very important part --the words "At max level " -- so it may be slightly more difficult until we reach 100 ( look at and interpret the graphs that accompanied the item squish info and you can see why )
    The squish is coming in the expansion prepatch; while level 90 is still the max level. It means what it says on the tin. Numbers will, superficially, be smaller, but the performance will be exactly the same.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-03-02 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Either they nerf every instance and most mobs in the game, making people at level have an even easier time, to keep high/max level relative power the same; or there will be a point on the graph where relative power player versus the mobs falls off.
    "This also won’t reduce your ability to solo old content. In fact, to provide some additional peace of mind, we're implementing further scaling of your power against lower-level targets so that earlier content will be even more accessible than it is now."

Sounds like they're going to make it so you do more damage against enemies that are out of your level range, but they'll stay exactly the same as they are now if you're at the same level.

10+ Year Old Account
    In some things, yes. This example, however, you should take their word. They know they HAVE to get this right with no bullshit because this is something that will REALLY come back to bite them on the ass if they mess it up, I mean it would really be colossal.

Have they said anything which was wrong in the recent future? And I dont mean something that was said correctly but misinterpreted because people dont stop and think before jumping to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they nerf the bosses relative to the power squish found at 90, it would take the same amount of time to down something. It IS something to be worried about- take a look at the Scorpashi Venomlash, a kill 10 for stingers quest mob that had 13k hp at lvl 34. It was pretty obvious that somewhere along the line someone messed up and added an extra digit to their HP (its back to 1324 or so hp, normal for lvl 34 mobs). It took more then a few months to fix it.
    So, unless they have some magic switch that squishes ALL mobs, theres the danger of some mob somewhere being left with its current stats. If they forget to squish LK, well, suddenly you need a full raid group to down him again until they squish him. If they forget to squish ANY lvl 90 boss, you will no longer be able to down them.

Also, if things are squished relative to a lvl 90 soloing them, there will be the sad misfortune of raids AT that lvl having a harder time with downing the boss, if they can down it post-squish at all.

Finally, another thing with the squish that ppl don't consider too much is low lvl pvp. According to the graph, the lvls 1-90 will be SIGNIFICANTLY closer in power. A lvl 70 would be able to take on a 85 without too much difficulty. Any twinking left (Mostly found in the 80-84 lvl) would pretty much be done for by the squish, as there would be almost no increase in power of gear.

The easiest thing to do would be to just make it to where pre-WoD instances have a different algorithm for stats-per-ilvl compared to the outside world equal to current numbers. (So out in the world, you would have squished stats. In a pre-WoD instance, you would have pre-squish stats, which, at lvl 100, assuming we have 700+ ilvl, would translate into 5 million health and close/over a million dps and stuff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    No it means the day before 6.0 if it takes you 5s to kill a gulp frog, the next day once the squish is enabled it will still take you 5s to kill a gulp frog.